Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon!  (Read 90776 times)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:14:07 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 09:28:48 AM by jackbox

Some light reading......

My Competition Never Filed to Trademark Their Name So I Can Steal It, Right?

Keeping with the rule of “first use,” just because your competitor has yet to register its trademark with USPTO doesn’t give you legal grounds to appropriate it for yourself. While you can certainly pay to file an application on the trademark that your competitor uses, your application will be open to opposition at some point – and all your competitor has to do is prove first use of the trademark for your application to be denied.

In fact, this is exactly what happened to DuClaw Brewery when they tried to trademark the term “EUPHORIA”. After getting the trademark approved, they tried to enforce their rights against a competitor who also brewed a beer called Euphoria, only to find that the competitor had used the name first. Consequently, their trademark was cancelled. You can read more about it in the Research, or Lose Your Trademark section of our post on the story.

In general, it is not advisable to pursue any trademarks for which your competitor can invoke the rule of “first use”. In some rare cases, though, it is possible to obtain the trademark rights to your competitors’ intellectual property. Learn more about them in our post Legal Ways People Can Steal Your Intellectual Property.

from http://secureyourtrademark.com/blog/common-misconceptions-trademarking-name/

I hope peeps in U.S. file opposition. GAW deserves to get the trademark denied.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:56:08 AM

"In fact, this is exactly what happened to DuClaw Brewery when they tried to trademark the term “EUPHORIA”. After getting the trademark approved, they tried to enforce their rights against a competitor who also brewed a beer called Euphoria, only to find that the competitor had used the name first. Consequently, their trademark was cancelled."

---------

Dear Homero, lawyer up buddy - and don't spend too much money on marketing for PayCoin cause things ain't looking too good for you and you will pay damages done to PayCoin and our community.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:56:40 AM

I hope peeps in U.S. file opposition. GAW deserves to get the trademark denied.

Homero can bet his ass I'm gonna file a dispute.  I can prove I've been a PayCoin stakeholder for nearly a year now and I have regularly been active on this board.

So this coin was never abandoned in any strict sense of the word.

There is no way the guy is gonna get this trademark without spending a lot more on lawyers than would have cost to be honest with the PayCoin community.

I'm certain we could have reached some sort of fair and equitable settlement.  Now he can kiss off!

<upvote>

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

"In fact, this is exactly what happened to DuClaw Brewery when they tried to trademark the term “EUPHORIA”. After getting the trademark approved, they tried to enforce their rights against a competitor who also brewed a beer called Euphoria, only to find that the competitor had used the name first. Consequently, their trademark was cancelled."

---------

Dear Homero, lawyer up buddy - and don't spend too much money on marketing for PayCoin cause things ain't looking too good for you and you will pay damages done to PayCoin and our community.

Good luck to you. You have the law on your side. I will certainly be eager to hear of your progress towards this in the future. Stick it to em!  Grin

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:41:52 PM

I was just about to post that link aswell it states ALL OLD PAYCOIN WILL BE BOUGHT! now that could go either way probably not the way I want to, sods law

I just read it again and it says that that GAWminers will buy the rights to the name paycoin.

It doesn't say anything about anyone buying the old paycoin although if we could afford a top lawyer we could probably force the issue.

in this thread https://hashtalk.org/topic/22230/another-paycoin/49
someone said that GAW had bought you guys out, and he confirmed it
it appears that he is spreading lies then
gawceo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

I was just about to post that link aswell it states ALL OLD PAYCOIN WILL BE BOUGHT! now that could go either way probably not the way I want to, sods law

I just read it again and it says that that GAWminers will buy the rights to the name paycoin.

It doesn't say anything about anyone buying the old paycoin although if we could afford a top lawyer we could probably force the issue.

If your going to make things up and support it with links, the links should support your story. This is exactly what was asked:

"@HashDawg I repeat: where did you learn this (GAW buying the rights to the name "Paycoin").

Link please or else stop spreading unconfirmed info."

The poster asked if we were buying the rights to the name, and I said yes. I did not say we were buying anyone out. Try again.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:34:25 AM

Josh again with his 9 shill accounts at it again? Here is another Paycoins!!!

Hey look.... I made a Paycoins too.... loz:
Coin properties
Coin typeBitcoin (SHA256)
Halving5 blocks
Initial coins per block50 coins
Target spacing0 min
Target timespan0 h
Coinbase maturity0 blocks
Premine0 %
Max coinbase500 + 0 = 500 coins
P2P port11022
RPC port21022

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

The poster asked if we were buying the rights to the name, and I said yes. I did not say we were buying anyone out. Try again.

This is exactly how I understood the conversation as well.

But seriously, Josh, looking at past trademark cases there's no way you will get the trademark for paycoin unless this community goes along with it. 

You can try but you will build more bad blood and a bad reputation in this tight-knit crypto community and in the end you will probably also not get the trademark so why not then work with us?

Good luck!

lrgbit

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:44:19 AM

From KC6TTR

A. Go here: http://trademarks.breanlaw.com/86444905-paycoin.html

B. Note the Classification(s) section:
042-Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto: industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software; legal services.
First use anywhere: 11/04/2014 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
First use in commerce: 11/04/2014  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Uhmm.......BUZZZZZZZZ... wrong on both accounts regarding the name's first use.

C. File your opposition to this trademark for its unlawful use as the name "PayCoin" is a pre-existing name that has been in use for over a year.

*** REMEMBER ***
This should be done within the first 30 days, which means only 3 business days are left, including today, the 11th.
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:56:02 AM

From KC6TTR

A. Go here: http://trademarks.breanlaw.com/86444905-paycoin.html

B. Note the Classification(s) section:
042-Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto: industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software; legal services.
First use anywhere: 11/04/2014 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
First use in commerce: 11/04/2014  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Uhmm.......BUZZZZZZZZ... wrong on both accounts regarding the name's first use.

C. File your opposition to this trademark for its unlawful use as the name "PayCoin" is a pre-existing name that has been in use for over a year.

*** REMEMBER ***
This should be done within the first 30 days, which means only 3 business days are left, including today, the 11th.

30 days from date of publication in US Gazette not the day of filing. What day was it first published by USPTO? But speed would be of the essence anyway to be certain to get the opposition in on time.

SDRebel

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:43:25 PM

If your going to make things up and support it with links, the links should support your story. This is exactly what was asked:

"@HashDawg I repeat: where did you learn this (GAW buying the rights to the name "Paycoin").

Link please or else stop spreading unconfirmed info."

nope, maybe you got confused, here's the post

@HashDawg said:

@youser Yes we know that. Gaw bought them out.
this is news to me, where did you learn this?

and then GAW_CEO confirmed...

can you please confirm or deny that you are the real GAW_CEO?
bitbollox

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:56:18 PM

yeah, sorry Ive just re-read it, its my bad, in my defence I was a bit baked  Cheesy
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 09:55:23 PM

This coin is open source which [by definition] is a public project and this [in the absence of the original devs] can be taken over by the community.

This is an official announcement that PayCoin [the first and original] has now been taken over by original owners and original community members of PayCoin.

We are now entitled to any and all rights reserved for and by PayCoin, the original PayCoin namebrand.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

To any doubters about what a PayCoin OG I am - few are more original PayCoin owners than this.

Let's do this, Homero!

SDRebel

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:15:15 PM

This coin is open source which [by definition] is a public project and this [in the absence of the original devs] can be taken over by the community.

This is an official announcement that PayCoin [the first and original] has now been taken over by original owners and original community members of PayCoin.

We are now entitled to any and all rights reserved for and by PayCoin, the original PayCoin namebrand.

I also confirm that I'm joining this open source project and it will be maintained by the community.
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:17:42 PM

So is this coin (PYC) going to change to the "new" paycoin (XPY)Huh

GAW said they bought the copyrights to "PayCoin"
Is this true??
be aware man.this coin doesn't have anything related to GAW paycoin.the ticker for the gaw paycoin will be XPY and it will not be available to trade at cryptsy.it will be available only on paybase for the moment and will be launched the next week. 

You a bit butthurt cause you ain't got any PYC? It is not to late, get your ass over to Cryptsy and buy some. You have just under 5 hours left.
LOOOL you make my day man.i have tons of the real PAYCOIN with the real XPY ticker and so i'm a bit butthurt because i say the truth to people!!!!
i'm folowing the real josh garza on his zencloud.the man who bought the domain BTC.com for 1M dollars.who created paybase and hashbase.who is on the original forum for paycoin : hashtalk.
so good luck with this PYC because i'm on the real XPY. loool

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

NOTICE:

If GAW has trademarked the name we will need to change it at cryptsy.

Exercise CAUTION, Mullick, if Cryptsy does anything to forcefully change or remove the original Paycoin you will open yourselves up for a massive potential lawsuit.

Josh Garza, in a best case scenario, will NOT get any trademark for at least another year and we will fight any such ridiculous attempt to steal our namebrand.

Please check with your legal counsel before you do anything because PayCoin [the original] has always been alive and well and like many open source projects - it is now ran and controlled by the original PayCoin owners and community - we the people, in the spirit and goodwill of Satoshi and against bankers and kleptocrats, like Josh Garza and anyone else who comes to our communities to steal our names, our identities and our hard work just because they have more money than us.

This is America and this will not happen without one massive fight!

Best regards...

rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:40:24 AM

I just cashed out 1/2 my zen portal account, for 1/4 of the original price of purchase. Because the miners where only making 1 sashtoshi. When on the website it says, they will always be profitable, that must have been what they mean. Just like charging the highest mait fee's in cloud hashing per MH/s. He thinks he is invincible. That is what everyone thinks until they end up in prison or the morgue.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:41:55 AM

I just cashed out 1/2 my zen portal account for 1/4 of the original price of purchase because the miners where only making 1 satoshi. When on the website it says they will always be profitable that must have been what they mean. Just like charging the highest mait fee's in cloud hashing per MH/s. He thinks he is invincible. That is what everyone thinks until they end up in prison or the morgue.

Change the title of this thread to "[ANN][PYC] Homero Garza - Going to be hard fucked in prison soon!

SDRebel

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

So is this coin (PYC) going to change to the "new" paycoin (XPY)Huh

GAW said they bought the copyrights to "PayCoin"
Is this true??
be aware man.this coin doesn't have anything related to GAW paycoin.the ticker for the gaw paycoin will be XPY and it will not be available to trade at cryptsy.it will be available only on paybase for the moment and will be launched the next week. 

You a bit butthurt cause you ain't got any PYC? It is not to late, get your ass over to Cryptsy and buy some. You have just under 5 hours left.
LOOOL you make my day man.i have tons of the real PAYCOIN with the real XPY ticker and so i'm a bit butthurt because i say the truth to people!!!!
i'm folowing the real josh garza on his zencloud.the man who bought the domain BTC.com for 1M dollars.who created paybase and hashbase.who is on the original forum for paycoin : hashtalk.
so good luck with this PYC because i'm on the real XPY. loool
he allegedly paid 1M for btc.com. there's no proof of that, so it's only his word so far.
the original forum is not hashtalk, it's  hastrader, oh wait, that's not it either, it's gawmembers or something like that...he's moved it a couple of times and the old info is gone...it's as if....cleaning up any old info just in case. the original is PYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: