Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OnePlus to have their own digital currency  (Read 150 times)
albertnomtag (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:01:11 PM

It's not a drill nor an April Fool's joke.

OnePlus, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer introduces it's own cryptocurrency called the PeiCoin, created exclusively for OnePlus users.

OnePlus' official twitter account tweeted about the said digital currency on March 30, 2018, quoted:

“Get paid to use your phone, using our new, community-driven currency. It's always better to mine together. https://oneplus.net/peicoin

http://i64.tinypic.com/wslq3l.png

What are your thoughts on this? Share them down below

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:14:25 PM

Wow, great investor came to crypto currency market. I recently bought new OnePlus 5T. They have opened the cryptocurrency project means that makes me think we have great potential on other crypto currencies mate.
When the other market whales completely move wrong against the cryptos this mobile Giant OnePlus done the right move towards the cryptos.
Good luck for the project.
Andwarchik

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:51:43 PM

U think It is good Idea, If they will be the first of all mobile companies in blockchain and cryptocurrency, they will take wonderful profit!

C O U N T I N G H O U S E   ⧼  Forex & Crypto-Currency Hedge Fund  ⧽
https://www.countinghousefund.com/
vyg

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:12:15 PM

U think It is good Idea, If they will be the first of all mobile companies in blockchain and cryptocurrency, they will take wonderful profit!
In addition, this is a very cool marketing move!
This they can attract new customers.

\⚡OLT ®  ▬  P2P Delivery Platform based on Blockchain  ▬  Pre-Sale: 18th April
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  |  ANN  |  Whitepaper  |  Executive Summary  |  ICO Plan  |  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐▐     Medium    Facebook    Instagram    Linkedin    Twitter    Telegram     ▌▌
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:48:12 PM

This is indeed a really cool marketing move, OnePlus was always good at that as I remember (Emily Ratajkowsky for example).
Mobile payments are getting more and more popular, and this might be a way to incentivise users to use this technology.
So if its only given to OnePlus users.. How will this coin have a use? or value? I'm interested to see what they will come up with. The only thing I have in mind is payments between OnePlus users, but I guess time will tell the fate of this coin. Mining with your phone surely sound interesting! I certainly see fantasy in these kind of coins.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:12:44 PM

Wow, great investor came to crypto currency market. I recently bought new OnePlus 5T. They have opened the cryptocurrency project means that makes me think we have great potential on other crypto currencies mate.
When the other market whales completely move wrong against the cryptos this mobile Giant OnePlus done the right move towards the cryptos.
Good luck for the project.
I didnt expect for a mobile company to have a decision on engaging themselves on accepting crypto. I have a 1+ mobile before i can say they are actually a well built phone.There no doubt if they would make their own tokens exclusively for its users then it would really be a good thing.The question only in my mind is what into those lines about mining together?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
theblast_media

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:02:36 AM

It is a marketing buzz for sure. And potentially a strategic misstep.

It is not clear at all what will the cryptocurrency do, and why do they need it: "PeiCoin's blockchain platform is woven seamlessly into the architecture of the OnePlus forums".

First of all, OnePlus is a Chinese company. Up to date, China has been very clear on cryptocurrencies. They have banned all of them. So OnePlus will be integrating some 3rd party crypto. It raises legal issues in my opinion.

What OnePlus should have done, is create a blockchain smartphone. Market it as a secure and convenient way to use your phone. Then run an ICO, which soon should be possible (there have been news from China recently that they may allow ICOs). Collect funds to build a better smartphone. Those people that have their tokens will be able to buy them with tokens and get smartphones earlier with special design or some other perks. When people bought smartphones OnePlus can issue/redirect tokens once more, to build another smartphone.

The biggest benefit they'll get, is that they will be able to build a first blockchain appstore (competitor to apple and google). That could be the biggest advantage of going blockchain for OnePlus. Cryptocurrency is questionable.
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:57:41 AM

One Plus may be the first smartphone company in the world to have their own digital currency it is futurist move to have blockchain based  currency as if they are already in the technology business and fast-growing company
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

One Plus may be the first smartphone company in the world to have their own digital currency it is futurist move to have blockchain based  currency as if they are already in the technology business and fast-growing company

I think that now they set a goal to make PR on this and not the actual implementation of blockchain technology
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:26:00 PM

Are there some white paper behind it? Seems a marketing ploy to gain more customers since OnePlus is targeting mostly tech-savvy people.

Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:30:14 PM

LOL PeiCoin. The company is just trying to jump an angle on the crypto hype. Although, they're kind of late since right now everything is so FUD.

But no doubt getting a crypto for their company pumps up their stock price, while also boosts the value of their PeiCoin when everyone rushes to "invest" in it.

Great marketing move. It looks like you can even mine the coin with OxygenOS on your mobile phone... Not sure how that works. Wouldn't people with mining farms fare better than people mining on their smartphones lol? XD

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
TokenAll

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:32:35 AM

Amazing! I as a user of OnePlus 3T. That means I can buy some application in its cryptocurrency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: