Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc core  (Read 123 times)
guufullme (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:57:45 PM

Hello,

When I change computer how to save my money using btc core wallet?

Thank you in advance.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:04:27 PM

Hello,

Thank you in advance.
You need to backup wallet.dat file. There are your private keys, that with u can access urs bitcoins.
So you either export plain private keys from wallets or backup whole wallet.dat file and move them on new computer to use ur bitcoin from there.
guufullme (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:35:20 PM

thank you!
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:38:32 PM

Hello,

Thank you in advance.
You need to backup wallet.dat file. There are your private keys, that with u can access urs bitcoins.
So you either export plain private keys from wallets or backup whole wallet.dat file and move them on new computer to use ur bitcoin from there.

That is a great plan except I wouldn't do either or of them but rather I would do both of them every single time you move your wallet because if your dat file gets corrupted you no longer have access to the coins! Get down both as a precaution but for future private keys are more important than wallet.dat if you had to and could only obtain one.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:38:53 PM

That is a great plan except I wouldn't do either or of them but rather I would do both of them every single time you move your wallet because if your dat file gets corrupted you no longer have access to the coins! Get down both as a precaution but for future private keys are more important than wallet.dat if you had to and could only obtain one.
I agree, more backups the better but remember also, that you need to keep all that backups secure also.
Minor extra job, but needed to maintain appriopriate security level Smiley.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: