Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [~32 TH] HHTT - Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor  (Read 29711 times)
fireduck

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:11:14 AM

that mighty miner experienced some high rej problem on HHTT. hopefully it will get resolved soon

One of the nodes is down for maintenance and it was a while before I noticed and pulled it from DNS.  That might be explanation.

Maybe I'll add DNS health checks to my todo list to take care of that automatically.

This is done.  It is somewhat simplistic but seems to work.  Route 53 FTW.

Bitrated user: fireduck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Buhaha!

half the speed twice the blocks!  Grin

Now... if those 2 and a half TH would just come back...

spiccioli
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:04:55 PM

fireduck,

are TOR hidden service URLs still valid now that pdx, iad and dub servers are no more online?

spiccioli
jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:49:52 PM

Nice luck last night, 2 blocks  Smiley

fireduck

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:29:34 PM

fireduck,

are TOR hidden service URLs still valid now that pdx, iad and dub servers are no more online?

spiccioli

Yes, I need to relabel them.  2/3 should be up right now.  One isn't up because the instance is in zone maintenance but it should be back eventually.

fireduck

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

Apparently probability is for quitters and we should just continue finding all the zeros.

jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 08:32:35 PM

"probability is for quitters "

excellent saying

spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:39:31 AM

Apparently probability is for quitters and we should just continue finding all the zeros.

Yeah,

but we should really ask ourselves why are they leaving?

What is making them swith pool? Pool's variance only?

If half of those that mined here for one day were still here, pool would be at 100 TH at least.

I'm starting to think that, apart from variance, the current coloring scheme of pool's home page could be annoying for someone and, worst, everybody has some coloring combination that annoys him and which gets selected randomly during the day.

For example, this one is unbearable for me... http://imgur.com/VW3qlvJ

Now, I don't know if coloring is the real issue, but such violent colors can make your co-workers wonder what you're staring at, for example, which could be annoying in itself Smiley

So my question is: fireduck do you think that it would be possible to have some way for users to choose a color combination they like and "freeze" it for the future?

What do others here think about this issue?

spiccioli
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 10:12:55 AM

I'm not sure that colour is the reason.  For me, some of the stumbling block is fees.  I'm more than happy to pay them, but of course they decrease with difficulty increase.  I feel this is innappropriate unless Variable Diff is included in the pool.

To lower my fees, I put my diff as 130 (ish) but because I have only 25gh/s to my name, it take ages to find even one share, but I pay less fees.  I recently had a go at comparing emc with hhtt, and I'm trying to decide which pool to settle on. (which considering Josh is an A hole should be an easy decision)

If fees were based on the same priciple, but used varidiff instead of 'pick a number and use it' it would be a little fairer in my opinion.

Thanks
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:26:23 AM

I'm not sure that colour is the reason.  For me, some of the stumbling block is fees.  I'm more than happy to pay them, but of course they decrease with difficulty increase.  I feel this is innappropriate unless Variable Diff is included in the pool.

To lower my fees, I put my diff as 130 (ish) but because I have only 25gh/s to my name, it take ages to find even one share, but I pay less fees.  I recently had a go at comparing emc with hhtt, and I'm trying to decide which pool to settle on. (which considering Josh is an A hole should be an easy decision)

If fees were based on the same priciple, but used varidiff instead of 'pick a number and use it' it would be a little fairer in my opinion.

Thanks

Well, with vardiff and a 25GH/s you'd end up with a low difficulty value to keep a certain share-per-minute rate, but a "high" fee.

I think that pool fees are high when difficulty is low mostly because the high availability solution fireduck is using is costing him monies and the more shares a miner sends the more it costs him (amazon message services have a fixed, even if low, cost per message sent).

By the way, you don't have to put your difficulty at 130 given that minimum difficulty used by pool (if not explicitly set by miner) is 128 now.

In any case, adding a fees paid field to user data could be usefull to see how much one is paying in fees at any given time, which does not solve your issue, but at least shows you how much your spending...

spiccioli
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:36:36 AM

Well, with vardiff and a 25GH/s you'd end up with a low difficulty value to keep a certain share-per-minute rate, but a "high" fee.

Well, pool could set a maximum share per minute and force miners to use the resulting diff. value if the one set by the miner is too low.

This would make fireduck expenses more predictable, btw.

spiccioli
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Thanks

In any case, adding a fees paid field to user data could be usefull to see how much one is paying in fees at any given time, which does not solve your issue, but at least shows you how much your spending...

spiccioli

Agreed spiciolli, THanks Smiley

Hhtt is and will be my 1st choice for pools for the future.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:48:55 PM

Nice luck last night, 2 blocks  Smiley

Yeah,

but we should really ask ourselves why are they leaving?

What is making them swith pool? Pool's variance only?

If half of those that mined here for one day were still here, pool would be at 100 TH at least.

I'm starting to think that, apart from variance, the current coloring scheme of pool's home page could be annoying for someone and, worst, everybody has some coloring combination that annoys him and which gets selected randomly during the day.

For example, this one is unbearable for me... http://imgur.com/VW3qlvJ

Now, I don't know if coloring is the real issue, but such violent colors can make your co-workers wonder what you're staring at, for example, which could be annoying in itself Smiley

So my question is: fireduck do you think that it would be possible to have some way for users to choose a color combination they like and "freeze" it for the future?

What do others here think about this issue?

spiccioli

Nahh - I like the colors.  It's part of the fun of being a sucker....

That said, there are color combos I like more than others, and I wouldn't mind freezing my page at a color I particularly like for at least a couple of days....
fireduck

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:40:44 PM

Nahh - I like the colors.  It's part of the fun of being a sucker....

That said, there are color combos I like more than others, and I wouldn't mind freezing my page at a color I particularly like for at least a couple of days....

I've been thinking about that.  My plan is to include in the page somewhere what the value of the base color is and then allow a url parameter to always use that base color but as it is part of the CSS style sheet loaded by the browser it isn't entirely trivial.

spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:07:53 PM

Growin Growin Growin
Though one miner's soloing
Keep them suckers hashin Rawhide

Smiley

spiccioli
fireduck

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

Growin Growin Growin
Though one miner's soloing
Keep them suckers hashin Rawhide

Smiley

spiccioli

Got tracking number
All the zeros will be found
Soon more hashes

spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:28:42 PM

Got tracking number
Soon more hashes

N-I-C-E !-!

spiccioli
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:30:22 PM

Got tracking number
Soon more hashes

N-I-C-E !-!

spiccioli

BTW, what are you waiting for KnC or BFSB/Megabigpower or?

spiccioli
fireduck

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:17:40 PM

BTW, what are you waiting for KnC or BFSB/Megabigpower or?

spiccioli

I have one KNC jupiter for physical delivery and five more which will be datacenter hosted.

I am also waiting on a BFL Monarch because I am very very stupid and like to punish myself.

fireduck

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:28:50 PM

I've written up some sample cgminer configs and make some new dns round-robin pools for faster failover:

http://hhtt.1209k.com/config.php

This way cgminer can fail away from a failed node much faster than my health checks will pull it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: