Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:58:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230748 times)
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:08:08 AM

So it turn out the Ip address changed. LoL i didn't know that. Anyways its still running only one core. Any idea guys?

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:38:18 AM

So it turn out the Ip address changed. LoL i didn't know that. Anyways its still running only one core. Any idea guys?

RMA?

Alvi

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

So my cointerra box keeps getting hacked/exploited. I'm mining on Eligius pool and all of a sudden once i saw btc guild pool address which is not mine, then i have to constantly keep changing my pool and restarting the cgminer to get it back to my pool.

WTF? i'm sure no one has access to the box admin panel so how are they changing the pool information? Also when they add their pool info it doesn't show up in cgiminer.conf but it shows under admin panel pool stats.

mine becomes priority 1 and their becomes priority 0 and cointerra box mines at their address.

I talked to cointerra and they don't know how this is happening.

this shit is very annoying. Can anyone help?
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:08:11 PM

i think your burning questions are worth asking, especially the ones about the future of the product lineup and when the full speed miners will ship, etc.

it would be good to know when they are getting the new boards and which batch(es) will have them - e.g. will some february batches, or march batches?

Also, whether it would be possible for existing customers with 1.4Th rigs to upgrade to the 2Th - e.g. by mailing in the device - ideally crossmailing so no hash rate is lost.  It seems like once they get the old rigs in they should be able to pretty easily upgrade them in house at little cost, as long as they can remove the chip and put it on the new boards...

Cheers,

Will

I don't think there will be such a thing as 2TH. I am quite certain everyone will get the same 1.6TH and no board upgrade etc will solve this problem. The board upgrades etc may make the system more stable at best.

Wouldn't be selling 400Ghs PCI-E for $1699 if they had a solution for this problem.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:28:04 PM

So my cointerra box keeps getting hacked/exploited. I'm mining on Eligius pool and all of a sudden once i saw btc guild pool address which is not mine, then i have to constantly keep changing my pool and restarting the cgminer to get it back to my pool.

WTF? i'm sure no one has access to the box admin panel so how are they changing the pool information? Also when they add their pool info it doesn't show up in cgiminer.conf but it shows under admin panel pool stats.

mine becomes priority 1 and their becomes priority 0 and cointerra box mines at their address.

Might be an idea to change the default SSH admin password, it's a default value on all Cointerra units from what I understand (would be a fairly crude hack, but it's worth trying if that's how it's being achieved)

Vires in numeris
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:22:49 PM

Hey guys,

I plan on visiting Cointerra next week. No real purpose, but I'll be in town. I've been keeping up on and off, but I'd like to get a concise summary of what they're doing and what they've done so far if anyone has a good article.

I can also ask and try to get answers on any current burning questions. (How much hashing power do you plan to put out? Is there any more help coming for your underspecced ASICs? etc.)

Link or PM me if you can help, thanks!

Thanks!

I'm leaving for austin next week too.  gonna visit the Texas Bitcoin conference, and combine it with SXSW as well!

I'm arriving in austin tuesday night, so perhaps i'll see you at the bitcoin conf?  i will also drop into cointerra as well later that week, though I'm guessing they'll be at the show for most of it, as they're a sponsor.

i think your burning questions are worth asking, especially the ones about the future of the product lineup and when the full speed miners will ship, etc.

your question about how much they plan to put out...  is a complex question, and whatever answer you get will depend on many factors... not least the price of bitcoin decides whether people are buying mining equipment and any bitcoin asic suppliers need customer demand to drive their sales... and also, needs the context of how much hardware the other suppliers will put out to be a useful piece of data.

Do you happen to know what percentage of the network is currently filled by the others?   like knc, bfl etc?   cointerra recently announced they're powering 1.7% of the network with their first 1000 systems sold.  i wouldn't be surprised if knc powers more than 50% of the network currently.

one small piece of data... andreas (knc) was on a panel at the berlin bitcoin conference a couple of weeks ago and said they've done something like $88m in sales in the last 8 months (think he said the split was nearly half jupiters and bit more than half were neptune pre-orders).. which is incredibly impressive!  from that revenue we can probably work backwards and figure out how many PH's they've sold (i think $40m of jupiters = 3-4 PH, and $48m in neptunes = 15-20 PH) and ... but we still won't know how many they plan to put out for the rest of this year (but I'm guessing 50 PH sounds about right).. but i suspect with knc's unblemished reputation they will sell significantly more PH's than cointerra ever could.

Ill be there as well, and my clients with CT's would like me to have a very nice chat with them... Glad im a native texan Smiley

Thanks for the replies. I won't be in Austin until 3/6 (When I scheduled how long before SXSW to come, TBC was only one day), so I plan on visiting CT on 3/7. This is, of course, dependent on what happens at the conference Smiley

See you all there!
Alvi

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:37:50 PM

Might be an idea to change the default SSH admin password, it's a default value on all Cointerra units from what I understand (would be a fairly crude hack, but it's worth trying if that's how it's being achieved)

root & admin panel password was changed already still.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:49:45 PM

root & admin panel password was changed already still.
what account is it mining to on BTC Guild?   Maybe this box was RMAed and for some weird reason it keeps defaulting back to the person that set it up there?   Maybe someone here will recognize and tell you that they RMAed it?

Pcpoet

Activity: 156

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:28:07 PM

RMA?

Yea I'll probably do an RMA. Thanks.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
Alvi

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:45:05 PM

RMA?

first time it was
URL   stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 user:funpool2.worker1

2nd time Btcguild user: benutzer_1

and i had 3 miners it effected all so i don't think it's RMAed problem, it doesn't even show those configs in the cgiminer.conf

it only shows up in pool stats.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:10:38 PM

RMA?

first time it was

and i had 3 miners it effected all so i don't think it's RMAed problem, it doesn't even show those configs in the cgiminer.conf

pools can be added via the api in cgminer...  do you allow api calls in conf?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:26:42 PM

Also, whether it would be possible for existing customers with 1.4Th rigs to upgrade to the 2Th - e.g. by mailing in the device - ideally crossmailing so no hash rate is lost.  It seems like once they get the old rigs in they should be able to pretty easily upgrade them in house at little cost, as long as they can remove the chip and put it on the new boards...

Cheers,

Will

I don't think there will be such a thing as 2TH. I am quite certain everyone will get the same 1.6TH and no board upgrade etc will solve this problem. The board upgrades etc may make the system more stable at best.

Wouldn't be selling 400Ghs PCI-E for $1699 if they had a solution for this problem.

The title of this thread says "CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s."

Has Cointerra actually demonstrated their chip running at "greater than 500 GH/s?"

AFAIK, the *only* ASIC in the world running at "greater than 500 GH/s" is HashFast's 750GH/s EVO.

Huh  

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

Also, whether it would be possible for existing customers with 1.4Th rigs to upgrade to the 2Th - e.g. by mailing in the device - ideally crossmailing so no hash rate is lost.  It seems like once they get the old rigs in they should be able to pretty easily upgrade them in house at little cost, as long as they can remove the chip and put it on the new boards...

Cheers,

Will

The title of this thread says "CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s."

Has Cointerra actually demonstrated their chip running at "greater than 500 GH/s?"

AFAIK, the *only* ASIC in the world running at "greater than 500 GH/s" is HashFast's 750GH/s EVO.

Huh  

Get your crap spam out of here
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

Cheers,

Will

Huh  

This is worse than cypherdoc!

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:32:53 PM

Cheers,

Will

Huh  

It's funny.

I bought machines from both Hashfast and Cointerra.

I bought a lot more from Cointerra than hashfast because Cointerra actually seemed to know what they were talking about, whereas your team seemed, well, clueless.  But we did buy a few from you, because you promised delivery nearly 2 months before Cointerra.

I have most of my Cointerra order hashing now, and expect the rest of it by the end of this week.

Your machines?  Still no sign of them, and no answers when I ask when they might be expected.  Imaginary machines with imaginary hashrates really hold no appeal to me.
Alvi

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:33:10 PM

RMA?

first time it was

pools can be added via the api in cgminer...  do you allow api calls in conf?

Nope i don't think so i sent the config to cointerra and gave them access to cointerra miner and they couldn't figure it out how it's happening.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:37:47 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:38:46 AM by gmaxwell

Running?

I'm my experience Hashfast's definition of "running" is "running with your money".   I paid 98 BTC to Hashfast and have received absolutely nothing for it. After months of delays, empty promises, and — what now seems to be— outright lies HF is now not responding to me. I have been civil and professional in my communication, and have made offers of compromises beyond what I was obligated to accept under the contract.  To all this hashfast has been about as responsive as a brick wall.

Cointerra OTOH isn't a bunch of thieves, in my experience: they actually shipped me a product, and while it was a bit late they offered me a refund of additional product. I think most buyers would prefer Cointerra to "running".

But this is just my personal experience, but I thought it would be better to point this out and thereby bring it back on topic.
dprophet

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

I just pushed a new release to github.  I added support to remotely reboot your cointerra via MobileMiner 'Restart' button.

This was a lot of code changes.  You might want to wait for a 2-3 days so I can see if I have any bugs to fix in this release.

Here are the release notes.
1) I added Emba's Windows 7 instructions to the readme.
2) Fixed crash when trying to send an email and your internet is down
3) Converted error counter to a counter per configured cointerra. Was a single 3 count for all configured cointerra’s
4) Added new devs command but only adding results to log file.
5) Per recommendation from Cointerra Devs I added dmesg and lsusb command support when rebooting
6) Fixed broken MobileMiner alerts when more than 1 MobileMiner is configured.
7) Fixed double sleep command when rebooting.
Cool Now have full support for MobileMiner’s remote commands. Added support for RESTART command. This command will reboot your cointerra.
    To enable this feature add "remote_commands": true to your mobileminer array. See sample config.
    I am not supporting START or STOP because there are no clean mappings from the MobileMiner buttons to the cgminer RPC command list.
    Recommendations are welcome.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:36:23 AM

<deceitful BS>

Is this the same HF who's units can't even stay hashing on their own for more than 24 hours?

Glad I don't have any HF junk, wish I had some Cointerra units.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:42:22 AM

Get your crap spam out of here

Cointerra's ASIC hashrate is "greater than 500 GH/s?"
False.

HashFast's ASIC hashrate is "greater than 500 GH/s?"
True.

The objective truth is not "spam" regardless of your subjective personal emotional reaction.

Hashfast's customers who were promised delivery in 2013 have their machines
FALSE

Hasfast has delivered greater than 500 GH/s boards to anyone at all to date.
FALSE

Now that MtGox has killed the market for newbs to bitcoin, hardware suppliers are going to live and die on their reputation.  Quite a few will go bankrupt over the next 6 months.  I wonder where you will be?
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: