Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:50:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for help on a possible bitcoin scam  (Read 388 times)
amami

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:04:21 AM

javascript:void(0);
thank you for sharing. My friend also invested in some unclear projects. Then only the initial capital was recovered.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ICO Enthusiast

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:23:26 AM

Hello to the bitcointalk community

I am not new to cryptos but not an expert either, just know my sh...

Recently a member of my family told me he invested money in ripple and BTC
During our talk he briefly told me the name of the website he putted money on... I did not know it. First alarm (i know most of reliable sites)
I immediatly did some researches on it and found it as a very recent website (80 days old) located in a high risk eastern europ country. Second alarm
Looking further i did not find any review, just another person asking in a forum if someone knows about it and an experimented crypto user saying to stay away from unknown site. 3rd signal.
I checked their website and found only piece of crap about cryptos , bla bla bla, not technical at all. An obvious cover. fake app etc

Then I called back immediatly my relative to ask him about how he knew about this site.
He told me they called him directly at home. Then he exchanged with them and decided to invest a big amount by wire transfert. A bank in an eastern europ country... He did complete a few small withdraws just to check the "game" but nothing important in comparison with the money he putted in.

After a more deeper investigation I know this is a scam. Not have a proof yet but we'll know pretty quickly as he is trying to get his investment back or at least a part of it.
Now I think he understood but it took some time.
He was believing buying and selling coins for real on a real platform ( which is not hard to re-create For example to withdraw your money your cant do it on the platform but have to validate it by phone

This smells really really bad to me

I did not involve authorities yet as he is trying to make withdraw .but I dont know really what is the best strategy to use here.

If someone is in this case, or know someone who has been, please dont hesitate to share any advice, experiment or anything.

I will deliver the name of the website as soon as it is safe for my relative to do so (can't wait).

Thanks to the community

NO
That's a good job, thanks for telling this.
noman_one (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:35:12 AM

thanks
here is a page on facebook trying to expose them and protect new users to be scamed

https://www.facebook.com/crypteo.io/?hc_ref=ARQv0ZcOLt9Ets-6a-l5-o3IScIIjmuV1GaptZSZzSA0zmz24gxgi-4NB5PVcNYrrbc&fref=nf
ICO Enthusiast

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

Hello to the bitcointalk community

I am not new to cryptos but not an expert either, just know my sh...

Recently a member of my family told me he invested money in ripple and BTC
During our talk he briefly told me the name of the website he putted money on... I did not know it. First alarm (i know most of reliable sites)
I immediatly did some researches on it and found it as a very recent website (80 days old) located in a high risk eastern europ country. Second alarm
Looking further i did not find any review, just another person asking in a forum if someone knows about it and an experimented crypto user saying to stay away from unknown site. 3rd signal.
I checked their website and found only piece of crap about cryptos , bla bla bla, not technical at all. An obvious cover. fake app etc

Then I called back immediatly my relative to ask him about how he knew about this site.
He told me they called him directly at home. Then he exchanged with them and decided to invest a big amount by wire transfert. A bank in an eastern europ country... He did complete a few small withdraws just to check the "game" but nothing important in comparison with the money he putted in.

After a more deeper investigation I know this is a scam. Not have a proof yet but we'll know pretty quickly as he is trying to get his investment back or at least a part of it.
Now I think he understood but it took some time.
He was believing buying and selling coins for real on a real platform ( which is not hard to re-create For example to withdraw your money your cant do it on the platform but have to validate it by phone

This smells really really bad to me

I did not involve authorities yet as he is trying to make withdraw .but I dont know really what is the best strategy to use here.

If someone is in this case, or know someone who has been, please dont hesitate to share any advice, experiment or anything.

I will deliver the name of the website as soon as it is safe for my relative to do so (can't wait).

Thanks to the community

NO
koki123

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:17:49 AM

Can you tell me the source of BITCOIN's fraudulent information?
I think if Bitcoin signs a scam, it will not hold the leading position until today.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: