Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new delhi,india : Bitcoin gold sold as bitcoin to uneducated investors !  (Read 251 times)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:56:17 AM

but this is nothing like the scams of Bitcoin Cash.

any scams that OP is reporting is only a very small number of people while BCH is scamming lots of people every day because of the website they own (bitcoin.com) which is selling BCH to those who want to buy bitcoin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinfuck (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:11:37 PM

but this is nothing like the scams of Bitcoin Cash.

any scams that OP is reporting is only a very small number of people while BCH is scamming lots of people every day because of the website they own (bitcoin.com) which is selling BCH to those who want to buy bitcoin.

yes another thing to notice, bitcoin.com is spreading all sorts of troubles for real bitcoin!

[/url]
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:42:16 PM

in short: someone scammed 45 Crores by selling bitcoin gold as bitcoin to the buyers.

the people now blame the whole bitcoin ecosystem to be a scam, this is what happens everywhere, every single INR wasted in fake ico scams, cloud mining, and other crypto scams, in the end, all the non-technical public blames bitcoin as a whole.

Please spread awareness, among your friends and family, bitcoin is nothing without the community, we need to advertise bitcoin personally, at least more than these scammers!

TRUSTED CRYPTOCURRENCY  WALLET:- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2088982.msg20871598#msg20871598

Wow. The ones that invested are the ones who are to be blamed and not the one that got them to invest on it since that is their part to do research before investing in anything.

Well obviously everyone should do their due diligence before investing in anything. But also you can't change the fact that this person or people commited fraud and should be dealt with accordingly. Scamming people doesn't somehow become not a scam because the victims are unwise.
nanasei

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:44:45 PM

That is the perception the average person have on cryptocurrency investment. They assumed bitcoin and alternative currency are quick money making investment hence they fail to do research on it. If they had done a correct research on wallet,they would have spot the scam
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

This is pathetic and unhuman. How long would humans continue to pray on those with less information? It hurts anyways. Blockchain technology still have a long way to go in educating people about the Cryptoworld.

in short: someone scammed 45 Crores by selling bitcoin gold as bitcoin to the buyers.

the people now blame the whole bitcoin ecosystem to be a scam, this is what happens everywhere, every single INR wasted in fake ico scams, cloud mining, and other crypto scams, in the end, all the non-technical public blames bitcoin as a whole.

Please spread awareness, among your friends and family, bitcoin is nothing without the community, we need to advertise bitcoin personally, at least more than these scammers!

TRUSTED CRYPTOCURRENCY  WALLET:- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2088982.msg20871598#msg20871598
shalaza

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:07:38 PM

This is so bad. Scammers are on the rise each day trying hard t give Bitcoin a bad name but i believe with increased awareness, this rubbish can be curbed. I feel for those that lost their money Angry
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

The market of crypto currency is also known as the bitcoin market. Most of the people understand the crypto currency by the name of bitcoin. But the fact is that those people do not know the pros and cons of bitcoin. So it is easy for the fraudulent people to make such simple people fool. Investors should not invest without having knowledge.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:50:24 PM

This is pathetic and unhuman. How long would humans continue to pray on those with less information? It hurts anyways. Blockchain technology still have a long way to go in educating people about the Cryptoworld.

Money goes where the more information is. Trading, investing is a zero sum game in the end, so if someone decides to start trading, investing he/she has to accept that the way is not always up but in most cases, down...
Poor guys who were scammed with bitcoin gold, they didn't have enough information about bitcoin, so it was easy to scam them... Scammers should be stopped and punished of course, but somehow people should start to make their decisions in connection with their own money more responsibly...
E.g. if I want to buy real gold (because I think the price of the real gold will skyrocket in the next month), I do my own research how sellers could scam me and I'll prepare for the transaction. (If I can buy real gold in authorized and regulated shop, it's more easy, but in case of bitcoin, there's nothing like an authorized and regulated shop, only exchanges, shady exchanges and sellers from the back streets... more risky investment...)
People should start to blame others, the ecosystem and bitcoin only after they have made their decision with the expectable care and diligence...
AnthonyLa

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:14:26 AM

I think this is an good example to show the people around the world that you have to get he basic knowledge about cryptocurrency before investing in it. Without having the proper knowledge about it you will be betrayed by the scammers. So I would suggest everyone to take a lesson from this incident.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:25:50 AM

The problem is that in India there is a lot of unaccounted (black) money in the hands of corrupt government employees and bureaucrats. These people are always looking for ways to invest their money. The government is now screening most of the real estate, bullion, and mutual fund purchases, so these people want to invest elsewhere. And Bitcoin came up as one of the top options.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:51:23 PM

The problem is that in India there is a lot of unaccounted (black) money in the hands of corrupt government employees and bureaucrats. These people are always looking for ways to invest their money. The government is now screening most of the real estate, bullion, and mutual fund purchases, so these people want to invest elsewhere. And Bitcoin came up as one of the top options.

Didn't they declare all 500 and 1000 notes no longer legal tender at some point not too long ago? I thought this was supposed to help clear out a lot of that black money due to the fact that only people who can legally account for the money will actually go and exchange it for new notes, right?
swiftcoder

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

For get about the novice people getting scammed.But greedy investors who have much knowledge of cryptos are getting scammed daily with scammy ICOs and hyped forked coins.All these scams are doing more harm to the crypto currencies and denting credibility

How about you look at the mirror Coinky.  We agreed on a deal, I sent you the ETH but you refused to send me the coins you claimed you had, it's been more than 3 months and you refused to refund my ETH or send me the coins. That is the definition of a scam !!

// CryptPool  //   ─── Visit Us!
The Cryptocurrency Authority (https://www.cryptpool.net)
bitcoinfuck (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:13:40 PM

yes, i agree, but there are some innocents who are thrilled by success of bitcoin and want to invest money in the project, but these greedy scammers take there funds and disappear

[/url]
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 05:19:13 PM

lol behind this lies an evil systematic that will haunt you.

the guy that did that could say the same, that he was told its the true bitcoin as roger ver statet that bitcoin cash is true bitcoin, the worth truth is that its a unlimitedly greedy highly sectish cult system

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

how can you sell another coin in place of bitcoin? specially when the address format is different!

when someone can't even see the difference between an address starting with G and starting with 1, 3, bc1 then they deserve to lose money in my opinion. it has nothing to do with scammers, it was more like a giveaway by the newbies. they were giving their money away and these so called scammers took it from them. Wink
Dear brother,just try to understand that not everyone in the world understands about bitcoin the same way.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██