Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding will be a risk or not??  (Read 4397 times)
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:46:43 AM

As indicated by predictions bitcoin should have achieved 15k$ by end of 2017 and fall in first week of jan 2018

In any case, shockingly its effectively reached 17k$ in 2017.

Should I purchase or hold my btc?I don't plan to sell at any point in the near future.

As you know very well that there is no investment without risk, investing in bitcoin is also risky. There may be fall anytime in the price of bitcoin.
Since you are not planning to sell anytime soon, I think the best thing to do is to hold. As bitcoin just recovered from a fall, there is a high probability that there won't be a fall in its price for a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:48:21 AM

There's no risk in holding your btc for now as seen from the chart, we are in a bull run. Imo, you should accumulate more btc then hold. Keep them in a safe hardware wallet like trezor.

i dont think so. you should not be confident at all even though bitcoin is recovering because there is no special event anymore like christmas or new year but bitcoin can still fall or decrease in terms of other reasons like market manipulation , fuds or fake news that can cause for people to panic sell , etc.  overall there is always a risk whenver or wherever you invest in bitcoin or other kinds of cryptocurrency but it is normal to take the risk in order for you to earn something than staying at your comfort zone but with less earnings.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

If you invest in something there will always be a risk involve and that's include in bitcoin.

Indeed this is short explanation of whole scenario. if you hold or if you invest into crypto currency or even in the forex market then thats you down risk. A risk which can build passive income for you or it could destroy the same. But there is one thing that you can ask, and thats, how you could minimise the risk of investment into something. This all depends on the choices that you make, for example on the scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest risk and 10 being the highest risk I would suggest you that bitcoin stands at the 2-4 scale while if you ask me alt coins which are having market cap less than 1 B would always stand at 5-6 scale. This way you can see which one is less risky and then make sure to hold it in that way. :-)

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:50:22 AM

As indicated by predictions bitcoin should have achieved 15k$ by end of 2017 and fall in first week of jan 2018

Should I purchase or hold my btc?I don't plan to sell at any point in the near future.

Any kind of investment like holding or day trade is high risk and also high return so please be wise to do any kind of the investment program.
Anyway, although holding is high risk but holding is easier and lower risk if compare with day trade.
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:34:47 PM

Since bitcoin is gaining more popularity, in my opinion it will skyrocket, as far as my knowledge in cryptocurrency is concerned. I recommend you, if you bought bitcoin when it was in its lowest mark of the month, to hold all of it. But still, bitcoin is so volatile so you must take precautions on holding. But for me, if your risky enough to buy bitcoins, at least try to be more in a risk with this and wait for results.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

Any kind of investment like holding or day trade is high risk and also high return so please be wise to do any kind of the investment program.
Anyway, although holding is high risk but holding is easier and lower risk if compare with day trade.
If you want something very exciting, you gonna also take the risk.
Actually, investment in crypto are in high risk than those of real investment(local)  because aside from being decentralized, we can't make predictions which are nearly to be true. But if you really want to be more profitable, then you have to risk your money in here.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:19:08 PM

If you have a bitcoin into your online wallet app always keep holding it and try to add more bitcoin to gain more profit if you want only then if you are comfortable to the amount of bitcoin that you have then keep holding because when you hold the coins that you have like bitcoin or any altcoin it is very risk for me like in 1 day i always look the value of the coins which i hold if long term then it is less risk
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

There is always a risk either your invest bitcoins or you sell because there is no accurate prediction when will bitcoins will pump its price in the market or not. The best thing to do is always read the news and different speculations of bloggers and from there you can build your own strategy to earn more profit.
Thasins61

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:50:04 PM

Holding will rise because all will want to buy more bitcoin for future.
bitcoin now is more trusted than others
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:56:38 PM

of course the holding will be very profitable. when you have some bitcoin you will get a bigger profit in the future.
if there is no urgent need it will be very wise if you hold it in a few years.
because we all know bitcoin is the most profitable investment coin.

Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

As many have already mentioned on this thread.

Investing in BTC will always carry some risk, investing in ANYTHING will always carry some risk as well.

Personally, I would say investing in fiat currency based investments and even playing the stock market is as risky if not riskier due to the current global economic situation. A global economic collapse is almost inevitable now, add to that the threat of WW3 on the horizon as well... I would say BTC and crypto as a whole is probably safer than investing on any other fiat currency based system. Even buying gold has it's limitations.. if you stock pile gold bars, should ur country get pulled into the WW3 drama and you need to get the fck outta there...then how are you going to take your gold bars with you?.... whereas u can have the same amount in BTC or Alt coins and merely stick ur offline wallet in ur pocket and jump on a plane...
For me there's nothing risk when you holding your bitcoin because your just keeping it for your purpose. The risk to do is investment but give you much profit, also holding your coins is the best way to protect your coin from fluctuating of it in the market. Also when you holding it can be rise it value and the right time you can use it to your future.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

Holding a Bitcoin to be used in future migh be the best investment one could make if Bitcoin developers find technical ways how billions of people can use Bitcoin (thus fiat become obsolete concept).
ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:09:04 PM

Holding bitcoins can't be a risk because there is no chance that any coin can go down by value as we can see that the market value of all coins don't drop at once for all coins, yes there can be drop for certain coins at once but i don't think it will effect the whole value as the coins will grow with that process. SO hold as much coins you can with you.

9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

life is all about a risk, if you are a trader, you're an entrepreneur and entrepreneur involve risk taking. I will advise buying some bitcoin and holding it till the end of 2018!
Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:23:48 PM

Holding bitcoins can't be a risk because there is no chance that any coin can go down by value as we can see that the market value of all coins don't drop at once for all coins, yes there can be drop for certain coins at once but i don't think it will effect the whole value as the coins will grow with that process. SO hold as much coins you can with you.
Well, I think it depends on the country where op is coming from, because there are certain countries that tries to regulate or totally ban the bitcoin. The effect is that the price of bitcoin will go down in that country or the worst case is that it became illegal and no one will want to exchange bitcoin for the local currency of that country.

raziplab92

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Holding bitcoin is not risky according to my analysis because bitcoin is growing more and more .You can see if price fall down 20 percent then it rise with more strength and potential so if you are long term holder no need to worry you are gonna rich in future but if you are a short term investor then you should have some knowledge about how the price fluctuate  and simple is the formola pick up the gem at low price and sell it high.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:43:50 PM

Holding wont give you high risk of losing,but it wont give you a lot of gains,trading while holding BTC will give you higher chance to multiply your btcs.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

Everyone know investing in bitcoin is very risky, and everyone also knows investment in bitcoin is very promising. Someone would get rich in a few months due investing in bitcoin. And i will say, there is no safe investment, all investments must be a risk, depending on how we manage our strategy when investing. At least do some research on the place to be invested.

Investing in bitcoins between long term and short term both have advantages with the result that everyone is free to choose. The advantage of long term investment, I'm sure price bitcoin will be high in the future for several reasons, such as in the near future the number of bitcoins will be completed in the mine, and this will cause bitcoin to become scarce. So the demand against bitcoin will be more and more, this is where the bitcoin price will be very high.

The advantages of short term investment, bitcoin price is very volatile so it can be used a chance to get profit. Such as, when bitcoin prices has decreased significantly can be utilized to buy bitcoin, and when the price get going high you can sell it.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:09:45 PM

Everyone know investing in bitcoin is very risky, and everyone also knows investment in bitcoin is very promising. Someone would get rich in a few months due investing in bitcoin. And i will say, there is no safe investment, all investments must be a risk, depending on how we manage our strategy when investing. At least do some research on the place to be invested.

Investing in bitcoins between long term and short term both have advantages with the result that everyone is free to choose. The advantage of long term investment, I'm sure price bitcoin will be high in the future for several reasons, such as in the near future the number of bitcoins will be completed in the mine, and this will cause bitcoin to become scarce. So the demand against bitcoin will be more and more, this is where the bitcoin price will be very high.

The advantages of short term investment, bitcoin price is very volatile so it can be used a chance to get profit. Such as, when bitcoin prices has decreased significantly can be utilized to buy bitcoin, and when the price get going high you can sell it.
No holding Bitcoin is not at all risky because it is for sure that the price of Bitcoin will increase.On the other hand investing is risky but also it gives us profit.To earn money you need to take some sort of risk otherwise you cannot make profits.The billionaires also take risks and invest in different sectors and the result is in front of everybody.They earn a lot of money.So there should be a rest taking ability in everyone. Bitcoin has increased very much in the last nine years,so holding Bitcoins is a beneficial deed for those who have some Bitcoins with them.
kumarcp

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:20:15 PM

no holding the bitcoin is not a risk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: