Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: privacy over partner  (Read 674 times)
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:11:32 PM

Should husband/wife/partner be entitled to access your email or social media account?

I believe yes. Once we enter an open relationship with our partner, we shouldn't hide anything. I think it is just fine to entrust our passwords to them as long as we are not hiding anything and to avoid fights because of it. It is just fine to entrust it with the person we love as long as it doesn't affect the relationship in a negative way.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HelperAdvisorsLLP

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

absolutely no unless both of them want to do that
novakamena

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:29:54 PM

absolutely no unless both of them want to do that

Understanding your partner’s boundaries is the first step to respecting them. It can be difficult to make the choice to respect your partner’s boundaries when their boundaries don’t match up with whatever it is that you want, but that doesn’t make respecting their boundaries any less important.
jinxcreedy

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:47:07 AM

"........and the two shall become one flesh". If you call her/him the bone of your bones and the flesh of your flesh,  then there is nothing you both cannot share. I have told myself repeatedly that anything I can show my wife everything.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:34:13 AM

Should husband/wife/partner be entitled to access your email or social media account?

Yes! Because if your partner dont want to access his/her account then he/she has doing something that your partner dont want you to know. Like me my wife know my email and password of my facebook account because i dont want her to think that i have someone else. Also my wife give her account to me, because we want that we are open to each other, we dont want to think that we are doing something wrong, thats how relationship work.
El_rancho

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:35:35 AM

Privacy is a sign of respect and trust, I'm not inclined to give in to the idea that being married or having labelled
as partners would justify the fact that privacy should be transparent and accessible to both. It's not a trust issue
rather a personal one, reasons like one shouldn't hide stuff and things from one another is a sham, that causes
problems and insecurities however one may put it. Privacy is one's solitude. It's solemn and healthy in some aspects.  
It might work with others for who knows how long but for some it just simply won't fit.
If you trust and love one another then you should know how important privacy is with each and everyone.
But if your the type that's open to the idea of open access to everything, I respect that and I wish you luck.
Pebs10

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:53:54 AM

You can't compare your girlfriend with your wife. Girlfriend has a lot of limitations. your wife can know some private things but not like Access to your mails and accounts, she might delete or start asking something confidential which you can't afford to share.... Just don't let that happen and you both will live happy.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:40:40 AM

It would really depend on the owner of the said social media account or email. If they want to let their loved ones in their account then well and good. If not, then those loved ones shouldn't feel bad even if they're their spouse. It's not a matter of getting caught cheating, but more along the lines of privacy. Even if you're married or kiving together with someone for a long time, you're still enttled to you privacy. And of course, at the cornerstone of every relationship is trust.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Leunam006

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

If both parties agreed to access personal social media account, then why not.
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:01:30 AM

It is very clear that there are pro and anti regarding to this topic but do you think being pro or being anti can tell that one of you is in the wrong side? Well in my opinion both are right and no reason to argue. Because if you are legalistic then technically you will not surrender your privacy. And if you are a kind of a person that your partner should be involve with your privacy to show your love then their is no problem also. What is the best thing that must not absence is your respect to each other.
Vinz1978

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:15:24 AM

Why not. If you are transparent with each other,  its no big deal sharing your personal account with social media. Being transparent to your husband or wife will build trust  with each other. It only proves that you are loyal to him. For me this will help build a relationship stronger and long lasting.
Akolade66

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:45:44 AM

Is not the best.. To avoid trouble

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
Dothyrain

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:56:34 AM

Shouldhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1981842;sa=summary husband/wife/partner be entitled to access your email or social media account?

I dont see anything wrong if your husband or wife can access to your social media account. If you are not hiding anything,  you have nothing to worry. This only proves that you can be trusted. Honesty start from a very small thing. If you do not allow your wife to open your account,  therw must be something on that account. Quarrel will began and she will be suspicious to you.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
Alexddr

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:08:32 PM

I think in our family and personal life there should be those areas where the spouse though has access, but should not use it. You should not strangle your loved one with excessive control, otherwise it can lead to rejection and irritation. Each person should have a personal zone where he feels comfortable alone.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:45:41 PM

It all depends on the partners' preferences. In my case, I am very much open when it comes to my social media accounts, my husband knows my password. We have the same password in Almost every acounts that we have including phone passkey. It alk goes down to how much you trust your partner.
In my opinion, why would you want privacy over social media or anything if you are not hiding anything, i guess, if one can tolerate this, sooner or later it can be an avenue for cheating. Just my two cents.

salmanbaiya24

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 01:00:05 PM

It's such a red flag if there's something you're concerned about your partner seeing. That means there's some fundamental issue with your relationship beyond privacy.
Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

Once you get married, there would be no privacy boundaries anymore. You need to accept the fact that you and your partner should be mutualy knowledgeable of anything about yourselves, that would include your social media accounts.

If you're hiding something this would be difficult for you to understand.

joms123

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:45:04 PM

That is for each individual couple to decide. There's no singular answer to this.

As individuals, we all have different needs for privacy. Some people have higher needs, some people have lower needs. My wife doesn't understand why I close the bathroom door to pee... I don't understand why she thinks it's odd that I do.

When it comes to access to each other's email, it's important that each partner is allowed to establish their own boundaries, and to talk to each other about those boundaries. Some people make the assumption that if you don't want your spouse looking at your email, you must be doing something you shouldn't.... personally, that line of reasoning doesn't fly with me. This isn't a place where you can demand one partner conforms to the other... saying "I'll let you look at mine" doesn't give you a right to demand to look at theirs. Some people just have different boundaries on their life / privacy.

Some of us just like to close the door.
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:27:17 PM

Never! Cheesy I value personal privacy a lot. Especially since I'm introverted. I can't spend all my time with people, I need time alone. And that means I need my privacy to live and breathe. But from a more philosophical standpoint, I still think we shouldn't share everything with our partners and that we ought to have privacy. Same goes for children. Parents usually want to completely control their children, but children need to have privacy as well.
jahmes123

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:52:56 PM

I don't really think that it is big deal,
We don't have something to hide from them so why would we have to ask for privacy with our partner?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: