Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning Network Incoming: BTC to the MOON ?  (Read 257 times)
ItalianBitcoin3r

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

If it ever comes then bitcoin prices will go to skies for sure. Moon will stay far behind. Grin

if they will able to feed thousands of transactions for a sec, it will rea ch mass adoption for sure!!
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

When LN will be there, will BTC go the moon and crush all altcoins on the road ??
I think so. Bitcoin in no doubt is the king of cryptocurrency. Once the slow processing of payments and high processing fee is taken care of, then there is no stopping to bitcoin.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:02:41 PM

When LN will be there, will BTC go the moon and crush all altcoins on the road ??

I would think so. I'd say it's hardly even speculation.

Should the Lightning Network work as intended, which is to make fees drop and make confirmations nearly instant, it's going to render nearly every altcoin on the market obsolete. Sure, they may also be fast and cheap, but why use them when you could use the most popular and most valuable one? Altcoin money is sure to flow into Bitcoin, and it will be more popular than ever with actual capability of competing against Visa. Some altcoins with niche uses like Monero may survive, but Bitcoin Cash and the like are going to bite the dust.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:11:50 PM

I would think so. I'd say it's hardly even speculation.

Should the Lightning Network work as intended, which is to make fees drop and make confirmations nearly instant, it's going to render nearly every altcoin on the market obsolete. Sure, they may also be fast and cheap, but why use them when you could use the most popular and most valuable one? Altcoin money is sure to flow into Bitcoin, and it will be more popular than ever with actual capability of competing against Visa. Some altcoins with niche uses like Monero may survive, but Bitcoin Cash and the like are going to bite the dust.

but lets see if we actually get to the implementation. suffice it to say the controlling stake in mining has opinion about this; and most of the reason we have not seen this or an alternate implementation already is because of politics.

we dont really have a choice but to adopt this. and of course, the price wil rise, despite the fact that it is seemingly elevated with no reason already. hell, we saw a spike during a fork; you cant really put anything past the enthusiasm level at this point.

Apparently, this will be the entry price to mainstream adoption. Absolutely wonkers, but these are the times.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:25:18 PM

Definitely yes! Bitcoin price and acceptability both will increase if lightening network is implemented. It will put an end to the bitcoin scaling issue and put bitcoin on the right path. However, I doubt other coins will be much affected. Especially those with good technology and near instant transactions. WIth the increase acceptability of bitcoin, other altcoins will also receive investment. Because bitcoin is the pioneer of crypto currencies. Yes, the altcoin market will take an initial hit, but will come back on track in no time.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:03:53 PM

When lightening network is implemented almost all of the issues bitcoin is showing at the moment when it comes to transaction charges and transaction delays will be solved and that is the only issue we are having at the moment and when that obstacle is sorted out then the price will start moving up from this position and i am sure we will see a big rally when the news comes out about the implementation .
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:17:54 PM

If it ever comes then bitcoin prices will go to skies for sure. Moon will stay far behind. Grin

if they will able to feed thousands of transactions for a sec, it will rea ch mass adoption for sure!!

Its sidechains, so it depends on how the 2 channels open their transaction.

However, just what has everyone pointed here, it would really bring the price to the next level if the implementation becomes successful. The issues has been irritating us that we need a resolution ASAP. And those who are complaining can't have reason to attack bitcoin because of its high fees. Maybe we can convince them to go back to the ecosystem because LN has already resolved the issue. Let's see how it going to be. A bull run is coming if everything went smooth during its activation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:13:56 PM

I think that initially, public adoption of Lightning will cause a bear market in most altcoins. It will probably cause a reversal to the falling trend of "Bitcoin dominance." And in the end, I think it will crush any altcoin that has no other selling point than fast/cheap transactions.

However, it's important to note than the altcoin realm is becoming much more diverse than simple payment/messaging protocols. We are talking about decentralized exchange protocols, privacy mechanisms that could take years to implement in Bitcoin, alternative governance mechanisms, decentralized lending, and and other protocols/suites that can offer lots of new use cases that Bitcoin doesn't address right now.

Rootstock did recently launch on Bitcoin. It's in limited release right now (not public), but it's on the mainnet and could offer scalable sidechain transactions and smart contract functionality in Bitcoin. That could cause even more downside pressure on the "fast/cheap transaction" altcoin niche as well as the Ethereum and Ethereum-clone "smart contract" niche. Interesting times ahead!

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:30:52 PM

Bitcoin really needs that not just for going to the moon , but just for stable operation. Now is it horrible. mempool is always full, fees are high, that makes the transfers of 15-20$ in BTC value not reasonable. I don't tell about 200-300 dollars , but 10% of fee is unpleasant too.
I believe if LN comes the last BTC forks will go down and stay there . BCH for example.

There is no exact date when it will be implemented, it's still a secret, maybe few weeks, maybe few months, or maybe few years.
a speculation about the lightning network; miners don't want it to be implemented.
Why not? we pay huge fees and miners take it, they make a lot of profits obviously by let us choose to pay a higher fee or waiting for days for transactions to be confirmed.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:35:36 PM

That's a good thing right now. It could be the answer for transaction speed that BTC needs. It will have to prove itself though. But once it did, I don't mind the extra charge as long as the TAT is faster. It will definitely bump up the price of BTC!

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
fogocut21

Activity: 33
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:37:40 PM

Unfortunately it seems that BTC price is affected by a lot of things which aren't related to the actual demand of the coin. The transactions will be easier and cheaper that's true but that doesn't nesseceraly mean the price will moon becauae it's controlled by whales and goverments who constantly manipulate it.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: