Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 working with 2 H-boards  (Read 180 times)
alnaanouh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:09:21 PM

i have bought new antminer S9 and i received it few days ago and seems its july batch and when plugged it into the bitmain apw3++ that came with it,it shows empty hardware version and bmminer version.
thus i tried updating the firm to november latest version and still same issue.
i tried everything and finally, i  decided to disconnect 1 board,picked randomly and then the machine worked fine miniging with 2 hashboards.
when i plugged the 3rd ,the machine stopped mining and felt like it kept rebooting every 5 minutes,as if the bbminer not found or could not boot.
remove the 3rd hashboard and antminer worked again fine with 2 boards.

any idea was is wrong ?
i am sure it isnt board mulfunction and any board i disconnect it boost with the other 2.
and i have smart-ups connected to the apw3++ with 220v stable output

thanks for the help in advance
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:16:45 PM

i have bought new antminer S9 and i received it few days ago and seems its july batch and when plugged it into the bitmain apw3++ that came with it,it shows empty hardware version and bmminer version.
thus i tried updating the firm to november latest version and still same issue.
i tried everything and finally, i  decided to disconnect 1 board,picked randomly and then the machine worked fine miniging with 2 hashboards.
when i plugged the 3rd ,the machine stopped mining and felt like it kept rebooting every 5 minutes,as if the bbminer not found or could not boot.
remove the 3rd hashboard and antminer worked again fine with 2 boards.

any idea was is wrong ?
i am sure it isnt board mulfunction and any board i disconnect it boost with the other 2.
and i have smart-ups connected to the apw3++ with 220v stable output

thanks for the help in advance

Did you tried to test the hashing board you removed if its working in other connection i mean remove the 2nd and put the 3rd hashing board and try it if it is work it means the hashing board is working also try the cords in other working hashing board if its working it means your cords from your miner is working..
My guess is your  PSU its not giving enough power.. could you try to change or use a new one and test your antminer again..

Let me ask if what firmware did you use when updating is it the auto frequency firmware?
Check the other firmware here https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720161126080548570Q2tDBXAH065D
There are some other miner having the same issue but they are just down grading the firmware and work fine..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alnaanouh (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:57:20 PM

i have used the latest posted on bitmain support "Antminer-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz"
the antminer came with july bacth firmware which is older version and still did not work on it.

i will try to change power cords but afraid that keep powering it on and off will burn it.

as well i guess my power is good as i use smart-ups that stabilize the power input to 220v  and have 2000 kw capacity.

alnaanouh (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:21:23 PM

THNX BITMAXZZZZZZ
i changed the power cords, in different setup and worked fine all 3 hashboards are working now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: