Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few sad facts about Bittrex  (Read 272 times)
GNUtrex (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:24:01 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 11:24:53 PM by GNUtrex

Huh They disabled the accounts of ALL users from Iran.
Huh They disabled the accounts of ALL users from Pakistan.
Huh They disabled the accounts of ALL users from Syria.
Huh They disabled the accounts of ALL users from Crimea.
Huh They disabled the accounts of ALL users from Cuba.
Huh They have disabled VERY MUCH accounts with deposits equivalent to more than $ 100,000.
Huh They disabled the accounts even with enhanced verification.
Lips sealed They send users with disabled accounts the same message within three months: "Your account is under review and we will contact you when the review is completed. Please do not open duplicate tickets, as this will not lead to a faster resolution."
Angry They do not allow to close disabled account and withdraw funds.
Lips sealed The media are silent about the situation with disabled accounts.
Lips sealed They closed the possibility of receiving an invitation to their Slack at the same time as the beginning of disabling accounts and the requirement for mandatory verification.
Lips sealed They ban in the Slack of those who ask to consider the requests of their friends.
Lips sealed They ban in the Slack of those who ask about disabled accounts.
Angry They did not warn about accounts disabling.
Angry They did not warn of mandatory verification.
Angry They made it possible to deposit funds at a time when verification for withdrawal became mandatory.
Huh They stopped accepting Russian Federation civil passports for enhanced verification, while Jumio supports this type of document.
Huh They stopped accepting the ID of Ukraine for enhanced verification, while Jumio supports this type of document.

Write the facts in the comments and I'll add them to the first post.
Evgenyy

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:40:10 PM

Hello, when will bittrex start working?
Support answers as horrible, is it normal?
Oни cпeциaльнo тянyт peзинy, y кoгo бoльшe 1000 дoллapoв, cпeциaльнo нe вepифициpyют, зaкидывaл 4 paзныx дoкyмeнтa в xopoшeм кaчecтвe, yглы нe oбpeзaнныe и пoлyчaю oднy и тyжe oшибкy, дoкyмeнт нe пoддepживaeтcя.
Dr.Milad

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:41:25 PM

I don't know what the fuck Richie and Bittrex doing
It's been 3 months that bittrex closed my verified account and still no support
I wanna my coins back
exxteban

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:43:43 PM

Shittrex Huh Huh Huh
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:01:16 PM

Huh They stopped accepting the ID of Ukraine for enhanced verification, while Jumio supports this type of document.

Identification of Ukrainians requires documents that contain data about a person in English. But this does not mean that identification is completely closed!
Raven Crow

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:52:14 PM

Huh They stopped accepting Russian Federation civil passports for enhanced verification, while Jumio supports this type of document.
[/quote]

Yeah , the problems with Russian passport that don't have latin letters,
they stopped to support it , but here 80% of people have such passports .
Our money are stuck on this exchange because verification problems.
It's pure discrimination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jahani

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:57:40 PM

I hope we are all getting back our coins at the end. But they had enough time to do whatever they wanted to do and it seems they have no plan to do so. (Also tweeted this here: https://twitter.com/PeymanJahani/status/949398639851421696)
P.S: Iran, Under 0.2 BTC locked in Bittrex
1future74

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:04:08 PM

@GNUtrex

Been stressed out since before Xmas , ticket 897930  

,,, Cant believe this craziness ....
Im in Australia & our Government is been pretty accepting of Crypto.. never thought @BittrexExchange would ever come to this...

Anathoro

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:50:36 PM

Well, I've got Enhanced verified in auto-mode without any problem using Ukraine foreign biometric ID passport half of month ago.

Whatever, support ticket still remains unanswered. Grin
GNUtrex (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:18:33 PM

Identification of Ukrainians requires documents that contain data about a person in English. But this does not mean that identification is completely closed!
What are you talking about? They did not accept Ukrainian internal civil ID from second part of December!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:30:07 PM

Bittrex isn't doing that to annoy their users, but more as part of the set of regulations they have to deal with. The only thing I do find very annoying about Bittrex, but also about other exchanges because it's a widespread problem, is that when you don't allow anyone to cash out crypto funds, then also don't allow them to deposit anything. This would help so much in the way that people and the exchange itself would have to deal with far less problems overall. But I am afraid that they do it on purpose to trap in users and force them to verify themselves in order to get their funds out. It's a pretty shady practice.
miner460

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:43:39 AM

Дa иcпopтилacь биpжa, нa pocтe кypca oтключили вывoд и вoзмoжнocть yйти в фиaт, пoкa pyгaлcя c тexпoтдepжкoй, a тoчнee ждaл oтвeтa цeлый мecяц кypc yпaл. B oбщeм вывeл oттyдa вce дeньги, бoльшe тyдa нe нoгoй!
aquavici

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:40:58 AM

I'm EU citizen & they disabled my enhanced account 37 days ago, they have all my personal info, passport, country ID, selfie, mobile #, all checked & approved. No response at all tkt #555400, "next generation crypto trading" with old mafia behavior.
GNUtrex (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

The world-famous Bittrex exchange is engaged in financial frauds! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2812600
GNUtrex (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:37 AM

Thousands of people have already lost millions of dollars because of fraud, and it lasts more than 3 months!

The global scandal with thousands of accounts that could not be verified at the exchange is only a small part of the problems that await all users of Bittrex.
In autumn of 2017, the exchange froze the accounts of all users from the Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba. Without warning, without explaining the reason and without the possibility of withdrawing their funds! Millions of dollars in thousands of disabled accounts remain blocked until now. All cryptocurrency mass-media informs about problems with verification but none of them writes about THOUSANDS of disabled accounts all over the world. And please pay attention, that Bittrex blocked not only accounts of clients but also they blocked their access to Support Team, and all people were left without any assistance or consulting! Isn’t it a proof of their hidden reasons and fraud? They had nothing to say to clients and they just prefered to reply on numerous messages with the help of automatical programmed-bot.
https://b.radikal.ru/b35/1801/bc/b0820691800f.jpg

Of course, this caused a wave of indignation and incomprehension among users who were looking for explanations in the support service, but all appeals were ignored for more than 3 months !!! Gathering all the information about this terrible violation, users agreed that the exchange blocked all people who indicated in the basic registration the cities from regions listed above.

This step is a political manipulation to create fraudulent activities with accounts! Recently, after a wave of mass complaints to various departments (including mass-media and BBB), the support service finally reacted to the blockage, confirming all suspicions - as they informed, the problem allegedly concerns the US sanction territories.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2vnm8eo.jpg

However, please note that this explanation is completely not logical, because if the problem is in sanctions, then the exchange did not have to give permission to register users from Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Syria and Cuba at all! Many users underwent enhanced verification and sent documents to the support where their place of residence is shown, and the documents were accepted without any problems!

The US has sanctions for a huge number of territories except the regions listed above, but users of other countries use the services of the exchange without problems and restrictions!
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx

Before registration many users asked support, whether it is possible to create an account to people from the sanctions countries, and the answer was YES. There is evidence and a letter from the man chief of  support team!
http://i64.tinypic.com/2ln7fib.jpg

If the exchange refers to sanctions as the reason for the blockage, then it is necessary to provide official documents and evidence, but users did not see any arguments.

It is worth emphasizing that the law about sanctions applies only to economic transactions with the residents of certain countries. The US does not recognize the cryptocurrency as money, accordingly, the law about sanctions mentioned by the support of Bittrex, can not be an argument!

This proves that the law is mentioned only to cover the true reason for the blockage - fraud with funds of Bittrex clients.

Even if we assume that the reason is still in sanctions, the exchange was obliged to inform users and give them the opportunity to withdraw funds from accounts !!! As other exchanges have done!!

It's worth mentioning that in the similar situation other exchanges, such as Poloniex, gave clients an opportunity to withdraw funds, thus they showed their honesty and responsibility.

http://i66.tinypic.com/10ngh81.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/mjyfye.jpg

The political situation does not give them the right to keep other people's money and manipulate them for getting profit!

One more essential proof of the fraud is the fact that Bittrex also blocked accounts of some users with deposits more than 100,000$ from countries which are not included in the sanction territories list. It is an essential evidence that the real reason of disabling the accounts are NOT sanctions of the USA, but financial manipulations with funds! Small amount of these accounts were enabled only in January, 2018, when exchange rates of cryptocurrency decreased, and it was profitable to do it.

All facts above show  the conclusion - the exchange is engaged in financial fraud and misleads the world community! The use of its services is stupid and dangerous for everyone, since the exchange and its management can at any time do whatever they want with the users' funds  without explanations and reasons!
Now the users from the Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba do not intend to leave this crime without punishment. Facts about the fraud of the exchange will be shown to world community and distributed in the web.

If Bittrex and its  management do not react and enable accounts, more radical measures will be taken, including appeals to law enforcement agencies.

Blocked users apply for assistance to all external sources. We must stop the fraud!
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:34:31 AM

I'm EU citizen & they disabled my enhanced account 37 days ago, they have all my personal info, passport, country ID, selfie, mobile #, all checked & approved. No response at all tkt #555400, "next generation crypto trading" with old mafia behavior.

Did your account get enhanced status before they started using jumio to verify accounts?

The situation is even more worrying if they make you verify through jumio then disable your account afterwards.
GNUtrex (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

Let me show you how Bittrex loves all "under review" accounts and questions about it in their Slack channel:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2qs5ctj.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/2aigd4m.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/htw65c.png
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: