Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:11:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to arbitrage coins?  (Read 188 times)
Murloc (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:02:37 PM

Pretty soon I'm gona have a good amount of coins in kucoin exchange. Beforr just placing BTC to my wallet it seems pretty attractive to play with rates and get some profit from arbitrage. For example on kucoin dashcoin cost almost 100$ less than in HitBTC exchange so I will be able to make some hundreeds just by sending money from one exchange account to another (and this is without bothering with korean exchanges).
It seems too good to be true. Can anyone enlight me about any possible risks of doing this stuff?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NesUyghur

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:15:50 AM

Hello ,

I loggin Arbitrage coin arbitragecoins.com and they didnot give my BTC back 2 mounth past i make withdraw but they dont comfirm it. Dont trust this website. Dont send ur money.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:38:55 AM

Hello ,

I loggin Arbitrage coin arbitragecoins.com and they didnot give my BTC back 2 mounth past i make withdraw but they dont comfirm it. Dont trust this website. Dont send ur money.
I think opa is not talking about arbitragecoins. com but how to arbitrage between two exchange platforms and the risk involved. For your information arbitrage opportunities exist in almost all the exchange platforms and you should know that it has a lot of risk attached to it.  Most times the time it will take before your coins get to exchange may cause a serious loses to you.  I sent some Tokens to etherdelta for about three days now and my wallet untill now. I have lose the arbitrage opportunities and my token is now will be trading at lose when it gets to etherdelta! 
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:52:33 AM

Pretty soon I'm gona have a good amount of coins in kucoin exchange. Beforr just placing BTC to my wallet it seems pretty attractive to play with rates and get some profit from arbitrage. For example on kucoin dashcoin cost almost 100$ less than in HitBTC exchange so I will be able to make some hundreeds just by sending money from one exchange account to another (and this is without bothering with korean exchanges).
It seems too good to be true. Can anyone enlight me about any possible risks of doing this stuff?

Main risk is accounts getting blocked i think.  Also need to check carefully minimums and even whether you can withdraw.  If it were easy to buy on one exchange send to another and sell im pretty sure the arbs would disappear, as they do in real markets.  On the other hand i know of one exchange that consistently ~$500-1k higher than other exchanges, so perhaps people simply arent paying attention?
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:57:59 AM

Be careful about trade differences between commercial pages. Normally, the value of coin is usually only a maximum of 5% difference between commercial pages, but there are some cases where the difference is quite large. But the business of the difference is quite dangerous because the coin is often locked wallets will fall sharply, sometimes you switch altcoin to another trade but very slow and when the coin reaches other commercial floor its price has fallen sharply.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:12:15 AM

Incidentally, I also thought about this, but I thought that it was already before and people could earn a lot on this, is it even possible now? I think while the transaction will leave one place and come to another, it will take a long time and the course can roll back, have you tried this already?
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:15:47 AM

If we say arbitrage, we are buying cheaper coins and sell it to another exchange in higher rate. that is easy money right? but in reality arbitrage is not that easy to do and there are challenges before you gain good amount of profit. for example you want to do bitcoin arbitrage. trading price of different exchanges are always different but there is not that much difference so for you to make profit you need to have huge capital because transaction fees will surely eat your profit. and you have to pay high transaction fees because the price difference of exchanges changes quickly.
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:18:15 AM

Wow this is something very easy to do.. Just buy X coins in the exchange that has the most cheaper price, and go to the one who has the most expensive one and sell it in there.. It is not difficult, you only need to know how to manage your times and the fees.

dado7

Merit: 141

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:20:17 AM

I think that the fees tehmselves could eat the difference in price if you are not careful. That being said, the differences in prices expressed on the web sites of the exchanges could be due to the fact that some of them are expressing the fees in the price, some are hiding it etc. Take your time to study how it works for each exchange.

There is a transaction time issue. Usually in order to get your transactions approved more quickly, you need to pay more fees and if not - then it takes time, possibly enough time that the price of the coin/token increases or decreases in the meantime.

Should be doable, but you need to study everything a good deal.

residivis

Activity: 443

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:40:06 AM

I still have not got anything deeper about it that's why I think it is.
Murloc (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:05:09 AM

Lol. I am suprised to see my thread bumped after so much time Smiley
Be careful about trade differences between commercial pages. Normally, the value of coin is usually only a maximum of 5% difference between commercial pages, but there are some cases where the difference is quite large.
5% seems to be a good difference. Bigger difference seems suspicious and you may only get it either with low volume coins or with dealing on local exchanges (that is allowed only for residents of those countries or you are risking to lose money). I am planning to withdraw a pretty large amount of money. Like 6-10k worth of USD in coins so even 5% profit (okay, let it be 3% with all fees) is still attractive but I don't want to lose all money because of my greed. Thats why I'm posting here, I need to be 100% sure.

gopnik

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:06:30 AM

Lol. I am suprised to see my thread bumped after so much time Smiley
Be careful about trade differences between commercial pages. Normally, the value of coin is usually only a maximum of 5% difference between commercial pages, but there are some cases where the difference is quite large.
5% seems to be a good difference. Bigger difference seems suspicious and you may only get it either with low volume coins or with dealing on local exchanges (that is allowed only for residents of those countries or you are risking to lose money). I am planning to withdraw a pretty large amount of money. Like 6-10k worth of USD in coins so even 5% profit (okay, let it be 3% with all fees) is still attractive but I don't want to lose all money because of my greed. Thats why I'm posting here, I need to be 100% sure.

ahah well try it and you'll see
tip: i'd stay away from hitbtc if i were you

fyi, the arbitrage ship has already sailed months ago, as the market as grown increasingly competitive and aggressive, and is now flooded under bots trying to compete with the domestic bots working for the exchanges; there are no more tradable opportunities, and anyone telling you the opposite is trying to rip you off
ramon_pacheco

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:23:05 PM

ArbitrageCT (ARCT TOKEN) A NEW CRYPTOCURRENCY ERC20 TOKEN
TELEGRAM   @ArbitrageCT_en
https://t.me/ArbitrageCT_en
They provide the only viable arbitrage trading platform for Crypto Currency Traders
This is their website https://arbitragect.com/en/index.html
This is a link to their whitepaper https://arbitragect.com/arbitragect_wp_en.pdf
Circulating supply of only 86,000,000
advexon

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:52:15 AM

There is already a calculator which calculates the best arbitrage rate for you. For example ( https://admycoin.com/arbitrage/ )
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1037

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:01:09 AM

Some of the problems on arbitrage are.
1. wallet on maintenance. (One of the major reason for price difference)
2. Withdrawal fee (need to calculate this for profit)
3. Transaction fee (not a big problem) and Transaction time (can be bigger problem)
4. Available buy/sell order (some coin may have last transaction much higher or lower than the normal price, check if the coins are available in the price you expect in the order book.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: