Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I use proxy/vpn to browse this forum?  (Read 326 times)
truenamek (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:42:28 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 07:54:05 PM by truenamek

Can I use proxy to browse it? The only point I found in rules is:

Q: Why is my IP banned? What are those units of evil?
A: Your IP might be banned because it was used by a user that got perma banned. Don't worry - IP bans decay over time if there's not too many of them during a small period. If you register using a banned IP, are using TOR, VPNs or well known proxies, you will have to pay a small fee. This is to prevent spammers while allowing legitimate members to post without many restrictions.

So if I start using proxy/vpn to browse this forum I will have to pay fee? monthly? yearly? or the fee apply only for registration? or am I totally wrong?

e: thanks for replies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

I'm pretty sure the payment is only for newly registered accounts, to prevent account registration spams. And the payments are a one-time fee. You won't automatically need to pay if you use a proxy/vpn, you only need to pay if you just registered your account very recently and if the proxy's/vpn's IP has been used to register in bitcointalk in the past.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

I'm pretty sure the payment is only for newly registered accounts, to prevent account registration spams. And the payments are a one-time fee. You won't automatically need to pay if you use a proxy/vpn, you only need to pay if you just registered your account very recently and if the proxy's/vpn's IP has been used to register in bitcointalk in the past.

Paying the fee only occurs if your IP adress becomes banned. The only reason your IP address can become banned is if your account becomes banned. The fee is a penalty payment to have your IP address reinstated because the Afmins can’t confirm that you’re not lying when you say “it wasn’t me who got banned!”

And you can always VPN in to connect to this site. Bitcointalk doesn’t care how you connect to the internet.
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:49:19 PM
Merited by retprogramisto (1)

You are allowed to use Tor or a VPN to browse bitcointalk. The evil points system only applies if you are registering using a Tor/VPN IP address that someone else previously used who got banned.

If an IP address has a high associated number of evil points it will have a high bitcoin fee. Keep trying new IP addresses until you find one with a low associated number of evil points, then you can pay a small bitcoin fee to register while using it.
Michaiah

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Yes you can but never created account with the VPN on.....
It will be banned or yeah you will pay some Satoshi or bitcoins to post.....
noelanora99

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:36:37 PM

So guys, what if I register my account in a common internet connection, then 5 weeks later I switched to VPN connection, is it a pass or a possible banned?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:02:27 PM

So guys, what if I register my account in a common internet connection, then 5 weeks later I switched to VPN connection, is it a pass or a possible banned?

It really doesn't matter when you are logging in with another IP adress/VPN, but rather when/with what kind of IP ( banned(?)) you sign up.

I've been using this forum with a work-related VPN for some time now without any issues. You should be just fine.

Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:17:18 AM

What do you mean by a common internet connection? An ISP that is used by most of the people in your country or in a computer shop? If that is the case, you won't need to worry because most of them are using dynamic IP protocol when giving public IP address and it is very unlikely that you will sign up using a banned IP. Even if you switched to a VPN connection that has been used by people who got banned, you won't gain evil points.
KaZZZaK

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:48:32 PM

What do you mean by a common internet connection? An ISP that is used by most of the people in your country or in a computer shop? If that is the case, you won't need to worry because most of them are using dynamic IP protocol when giving public IP address and it is very unlikely that you will sign up using a banned IP. Even if you switched to a VPN connection that has been used by people who got banned, you won't gain evil points.
Yeah, thought that way too. Except my account got banned (sorry, not the account, the IP), when I registered from home. For the first time. Not using VPN or TOR (wasn`t using last one at all). Didn`t even hear about this forum till yesterday. And I`m the only person using this internet connection. So you may just get unlucky. It may depend on Internet provider too, I think.
Now I`m using my friend`s wifi and everything is OK, though I had to register secod time.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

Vpn is another way on how you connect on bitcointalk. You can only pay the fee once to activate your account and not for using vpn. The Ip address you have may be used for evil intentions or evil units as mention even though you did not use it for bad intention but it is used to identify legit account and not bot accounts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:44:36 PM

Did you try to create multiple accounts with the same I.P address? that is why the forum might ban you with that evil intent. But I don't think there is a bad way for using proxy/vpn to browse this forum because recently I was abroad and I didn't find it hard using other i.p to access the forum.
EternityFirst

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

As far as I concerned, It`s not forbidden. At least, I didn`t find any metion of such prohibitions in forum rules. Units of evil and fees are for users, that register from IP adresses, that were banned due to some dark activities, as I understand.
nanasei

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:50:00 PM

What is your motive for using VPN, to hide your identity on this forum and do something bad? You can read the rules and regulations of this forum and find out yourself. I can't risk my account my using a Tor network or VPN which can lead me to ban
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:27:35 AM

What is your motive for using VPN, to hide your identity on this forum and do something bad?

What about privacy, which is what they're intended for? Everyone needs to stop this "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" narrative. Everyone has the right to privacy. Not to mention they make insecure networks usable.

Good news for you is that you risk nothing by using VPNs/Tor as far as Bitcointalk goes, so if that's the only thing holding you back, you can go crazy and run them simultaneously all you want.

JNehru

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:39:27 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2020, 04:17:33 PM by JNehru

Off course, not even this fourm, every forum. I am using ivacy vpn to hide my IP address. its a paid solution which I prefer.
deerlion

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

The payment to unban an evil IP is only a few dollars worth of bitcoin.  I would just pay the fee and forget about it. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: