Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which card brand?? Need help asap. Selling quickly and at store.  (Read 334 times)
NateDoggETH (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:44:18 AM

My Gigabyte gaming cards have actually been my best as far as temps, hash rate, and overall ease. I have cards at about 95w (GPUz) and they r hashing at 30-31mh/s each. They r Samsung memory so I got lucky there.

I also have Asus strix OC 4gb  and they r my 2nd warmest Rig out of 5. I have the fans on that rig at 75+% depending on the card.

The card I have the most of (XFX 570 4gb) is the cards I had the most issues with. Every card has its own settings and it was just time consuming configuring them.

that's weird first time to see someone recommend gigabyte cards over xfx i know that xfx manufacturing is great and it was build to resist but i will take your opinion under consideration too i guess everyone has his experience in this field

Like I said, it could be that I got unlucky on that batch I bought or something. I bought all the XFX at one time from Frys. Either way they r working for me now haha.

I actually got all my GPUs this time from frys before everything went nuts. Now its hard to find GPUs MSRP at a place that will sell to just 1 person in 1 shot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:54:58 AM

choose XFX RX570 4GB. I have a bad experienced on gigabyte, this card has a bit problem in thermal management,  fan faster broken, and faster temperature rise if compared with else brand with the same type.

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:57:38 AM

that's weird first time to see someone recommend gigabyte cards over xfx i know that xfx manufacturing is great and it was build to resist but i will take your opinion under consideration too i guess everyone has his experience in this field

I know everyone's experience is different. I have over 60 gpus, I had 4 xfx cards, they were the worst as far as hash rate except for 1 gigabyte card (which by the way, my gigabyte cards are all 2nd worse). I say I had 4 because I returned one as it was getting memory errors at stock setting without the bios flashed, lol...

I've had the most luck with MSI and Sapphire cards.
manji

Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:23:25 AM

unfortunately, the OP doesn't have those brands. if OP has those brands, sure I suggestion MSI and Sapphire.

for experience, yes I agree everyone is different. but for experienced a memory error, I have never..lol (just kidding)

NateDoggETH (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

unfortunately, the OP doesn't have those brands. if OP has those brands, sure I suggestion MSI and Sapphire.

for experience, yes I agree everyone is different. but for experienced a memory error, I have never..lol (just kidding)

I have 3 sapphire nitro 570 8gb Samsung memory and they r my best and favorite card. I started this post when I was buying a bulk purchase for my current set up.

If I could do it different I would try to go sapphire, then msi (friends have this card so I have seen it up close to judge it), then down the list of what I said earlier.

I would also purchase some nvidia cards to diversify my overall operation. I'm going to pull the plug on some used cards (new if I can get them in bulk around same costs) once I collect some more coins from my current set up and I see ETH back in a good area to sell to add more.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

Lolwhat. Cheesy "Build to resist"? Reading too much marketing material, aren't you?
tflux99

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:13:48 PM

if you buy gigabyte crads dont forget to order new gpu fans the gigabyte gpu fans are totaly crap the get stuck after 2 to3 weeks on full mining they heat up and the plastic around the fans will start to melt and boom fan now has some new breaks hehe

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
IonicTong

Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 05:22:17 PM

Out of the choice there I'd say gigabyte rx 570 4gb, everyone's going to tell you different though so i think you just need to bite the bullet, grab the boxes and get mining!!
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:40:49 PM

if you buy gigabyte crads dont forget to order new gpu fans the gigabyte gpu fans are totaly crap the get stuck after 2 to3 weeks on full mining they heat up and the plastic around the fans will start to melt and boom fan now has some new breaks hehe
Gigabyte uses a few different fans with their cards. Some are crap, most are fine. I've got a rig of RX 480/470 working for ~1.5 year non stop, all dusty as I haven't cleaned it at all (! gotta actually clean those, I guess), and none of them failed or even started making any noises. Got a few different nvidia cards made by gigabyte, 1060s and 1080s, and again all the fans are still working fine. The only fans I've had failing so far are the ones on Palit 1060s (stopped spinning after a while) and one Nitro RX480 started making all kinds of noises (but still spinning).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: