Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about adding profits/total investment amount to new coin  (Read 115 times)
wittaz (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:07:17 PM

I made a little bit of profit of STRATIS. I sold all of them a few days ago, and now I have 1700 EUR instead of 1500.

I am not sure which amount to use now to add to the yellow cell for my Icon investment.
I have already invested 2000 in Icon. Do I add the initial investment of stratis (1500) or add the total amount (investment+profit=1700) to the cell?

Sorry if this sounds dumb. I'm new to this.

Here's an image to make it more clear:
https://i.imgur.com/jG1EYql.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:34:47 PM

well, this depends on you and the risks you want to take.
right now you are at a crossroad needing to choose one of these strategies:
1. you keep your invested amount to a fixed number $2000 for example and whenever you make any profit, you take that profit out and keep the same fixed amount in.
this is not a bad idea, specially if you have just started trading.

2. you feel confident and a little bit greedy so when you make a profit you add that profit to your total invested amount so you have a bigger capital and make bigger profit but also you will be taking a bigger risk and the possible losses will be bigger also.
this can be a good thing too, investing the profit back in is a common strategy but remember not to invest more than you can afford to lose.

3. something in between! meaning take some profit out and keep some in. if for example you started with $2000 and made $1000 profit, take $500 out and keep the rest in making your capital $2500.
make sure to check the fees for withdrawing fiat.

There is a FOMO brewing...
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:20:24 PM

Yes, keep the major funds for longterm portfolio with Bitcoin and four or five altcoins. Take only a little fund for day trading, so you can make big profits without the risk of losing all funds and you can go with your little day trading part full risk.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:39:18 PM

I made a little bit of profit of STRATIS. I sold all of them a few days ago, and now I have 1700 EUR instead of 1500.

I am not sure which amount to use now to add to the yellow cell for my Icon investment.
I have already invested 2000 in Icon. Do I add the initial investment of stratis (1500) or add the total amount (investment+profit=1700) to the cell?

It depends upon your aim in market. If all you want to do is long term investments then you can keep the whole amount in icon but if you want a few more short trades then just go for the initial investment in icon and make some other trades with the remaining 200. I personally wouldn't recommend you to entrust just one coin with such a large investment. Split them up in some 4-5 coins so if either of them booms you are still rich.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:14:37 PM

Does depend on your if you are monitoring on how much you have profited among on the coins you have engage on but you can eventually add a row regarding on how much you do spend on and how much you profited on that trade so you can able to view % profits and the amount you have added as expense or capital on such trade.Better to go for compounding.

Yes, keep the major funds for longterm portfolio with Bitcoin and four or five altcoins. Take only a little fund for day trading, so you can make big profits without the risk of losing all funds and you can go with your little day trading part full risk.
Always secure out the capital and re-roll the profits which this is the thing what I'm doing now after all these years and it do works and the same time you are tabulating or making track all of your trades and same suggestion better not to put 1 egg on a single basket. The more the merrier.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████