Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:31:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet advice wanted  (Read 173 times)
Combat393 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:25:06 AM

What is your commission for a bitcoin transaction? And what exchangers do you use? I use BitcoinCore and PerfectMoney, and I was OK with it, but now commissions are just incredibly big, to make a transaction the commission for a BTC is 15 bucks. Wanna migrate to something more user-friendly if you know what I mean.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:10:34 AM

Every other cryptocurrency, perhaps with the exception of Ethereum, is much cheaper to use.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rohanshinde

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:04:53 AM

Exchange btc to either BCH, VTC, LTC, DGB, NXT, XRP and then convert it or send it to wherever you want.
Don't use BTC for sending since there are nearly 176000 unconfirmed transactions. If you do your transaction would get stuck for days.

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡[/url (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1553108)
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:39:58 AM

The bitcoin trade is very congested. And the transaction costs are very high. It is suggested that you do the transaction by converting to other coins.

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

Buy ethereum you see that it is rising while bitcoin price is going down. Yes fees are big problem and even bigger problem is waiting for your transaction to confirm because you could wait few days. Try to exchange for Ethereum because exchanges, at least some of them, have direct pairs for Ethereum to other alts so you don't have to go through bitcoin.  Even bitcoin is losing its dominance it will lose more of it during this year.
naglas

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

Bitcoin Core is one of the older and more trusted wallet solutions out there, a really good one.
Coinbase (online option). Online exchanges are, by and large, less secure than the methods described below. But Coinbase seems to have learned from the lessons of its predecessors, and is one of the biggest bitcoin exchanges in the world. It's also user friendly.
Electrum is a popular, free storage option and is one of the most well-respected desktop storage apps.

If I were you I wouldn't look for the chepest fees, because here the reputation matters more. You can loose thousands because of intent to save $10
Combat393 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:57:26 AM

Exchange btc to either BCH, VTC, LTC, DGB, NXT, XRP and then convert it or send it to wherever you want.
Don't use BTC for sending since there are nearly 176000 unconfirmed transactions. If you do your transaction would get stuck for days.

The bitcoin trade is very congested. And the transaction costs are very high. It is suggested that you do the transaction by converting to other coins.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll consider it. I didn't know that there are problems with confirming as it should be paid quite  well.

But I was hoping there is something new I didn't know about. Hoping for more info from the community.
Combat393 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:59:50 AM

Bitcoin Core is one of the older and more trusted wallet solutions out there, a really good one.
Coinbase (online option). Online exchanges are, by and large, less secure than the methods described below. But Coinbase seems to have learned from the lessons of its predecessors, and is one of the biggest bitcoin exchanges in the world. It's also user friendly.
Electrum is a popular, free storage option and is one of the most well-respected desktop storage apps.

If I were you I wouldn't look for the chepest fees, because here the reputation matters more. You can loose thousands because of intent to save $10

I know these sources very well and tried them, I was hoping to find out something new, maybe not so well known and an ideal reputation. trading is risking and I'm open to it.
TWagner92

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:01:11 AM

Try not to use BTC as your means of payments. Transactions through bitcoin is very expensive right now, it is better just to keep and hold it. Better to have other coins which you can use for your daily transactions.
naglas

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:11:49 AM

I know these sources very well and tried them, I was hoping to find out something new, maybe not so well known and an ideal reputation. trading is risking and I'm open to it.

If you want something new, you can check recent wallet start-ups like Javvy (it's main advantage is high security) or Divi (quite userfriendly) or FreeWallet (they promise no fee for btc transaction inside their platform).

Anyway, better hold now as adviced and not to use BTC for transactions if you do not want to waste money on fees.
Combat393 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:15:29 AM

Try not to use BTC as your means of payments. Transactions through bitcoin is very expensive right now, it is better just to keep and hold it. Better to have other coins which you can use for your daily transactions.

I agree with you, it's not the best time to send BTC somewhere.
Combat393 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:17:30 AM

If you want something new, you can check recent wallet start-ups like Javvy (it's main advantage is high security) or Divi (quite userfriendly) or FreeWallet (they promise no fee for btc transaction inside their platform).

Anyway, better hold now as adviced and not to use BTC for transactions if you do not want to waste money on fees.

Thanks, I'll search in this direction. The freewallet idea of no fees looks great but unreal. Need to explore how they implement it technically. it seems like a fairy tale to me
Camillee

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:35:06 AM

Now is not good time to transfer BTC somewhere, there's risk lots of miners from china will start having issues with goverment and may even be banned, so the demand will strongly overtake the transaction confirmation offer. Be very careful with that.
Roofer111

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:05:30 AM

I like Binance as they provide 0.1% fee. And they are continuously working to improve. I used to respect hitbtc but after I lost $100 there I became a hater. Now I keep binance acc, coinbase acc and recently got a freewallet acc cause they are really working hard to keep low fees and do btc transactions quite fast and cheep
SerHodlot

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:27:20 AM

use alt currencies like via, ltc, etc. they are much faster, have been very reliable in timing, arrival, and cost effective..

never had a problem with them.

just try to not use btc as a means of transactions if you want to not pay such high fees.

can use binance, bittrex, poloniex, etc. so long as you use certain alt currencies, you are fine.
Newdegate

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

Bitcoin is now associated with a lot of fees and it's better to use altcoin these days.
MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:58 AM

I've changed to freewallet recently. I've been seeing lots  of positive reviews and I really like how they work. Try it, you'll see it's different
Camillee

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:36:31 AM

I've changed to freewallet recently. I've been seeing lots  of positive reviews and I really like how they work. Try it, you'll see it's different

I'm starting to get curious about this freewallet thing. My close friend also uses it and says it's perfect for his purposes. Anyone else uses it here?
theori

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:34:10 AM

Freewallet is the offering of a HK-based startup.

I couldn't get any of my questions answered on their site. i.e.

- How to know if it is compromised by any one (or many) gubmint agencies, or their partners, organised crime, other miscreants, etc.
- Not open source
- who has checked it
- who is behind it
- who can control it, get a feature added/change made at short notice, etc.
- what history do the developers have building secure apps
- it is big on BCC, but claims to be working with BTC developers.  Really?  Who?
- who can sign the releases?

No doubt some of these can be answered, but I'd suggest all (and more) are crucial to security for something that used for your h0dlings!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: