Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there constantly new dice games, and why do people play them?  (Read 1026 times)
Boelens (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:16:33 AM

The title is a bit weirdly worded, I don't mean this in a bad way at all. But, I've been seeing a bunch of new dice games, you first had SatoshiDice,then PrimeDice,Just-Dice,Insanitydice(lol),Gigadice, etc.

Now, disregarding Insanitydice, why do so many people play these sites? I've checked PrimeDice,Just-Dice, and Satoshidice out, but I barely see any difference. Again, I don't mean this in a negative way at all, I am merely curious.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:20:20 AM

The title is a bit weirdly worded, I don't mean this in a bad way at all. But, I've been seeing a bunch of new dice games, you first had SatoshiDice,then PrimeDice,Just-Dice,Insanitydice(lol),Gigadice, etc.

Now, disregarding Insanitydice, why do so many people play these sites? I've checked PrimeDice,Just-Dice, and Satoshidice out, but I barely see any difference. Again, I don't mean this in a negative way at all, I am merely curious.

There is new dice-sites because more people play dice-games.
There is more people play dice-games because there is new dice-sites.

Oh wait.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:12:23 PM

1. It's easy to play.
2. It's fun to play.
3. You don't really need to think in order to play. You just bet.

Boelens (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:22:18 PM

1. It's easy to play.
2. It's fun to play.
3. You don't really need to think in order to play. You just bet.

Yeah, but, I mean, why do new ones pop up and are they being played? Why not just stick with one?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:26:43 PM

Q:
Why there is more than 1 poker website?
Why there is more than 1 car company?
Why there is more than 1 phone company?
Why there is more than 1 company producing whatever product you think about?

A:
Because there is demand and we don't live in a monopolistic economy.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:32:14 PM

Q:

A:

Yeah that's what I meant.
Plus I heard that a lot of gambling website are illegal in some countries like USA so bitcoin is the way avoid strict laws and restrictions.
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:52:07 PM

Q:

A:

That actually makes sense. Thinking back my question is kind of silly. Thanks for the answer.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:13:10 PM

Who wants to make money? (By being the house, that is.).... There's your answer.

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:06:30 PM

I think people are trying to capitalize on the success of SatoshiDice.  Also the gamblers are probably playing for fun when bored mostly.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lambo06

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

Its fun when you go on a streak up until you hit a 90% roll and lose  Cool
GigaDice

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

Having a monopoly is never a good thing, this applies to the gambling community as well.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:48:10 PM

I don't think it's a silly question - I am surprised at their popularity as, to me, simple dice games are one of the more boring ways to gamble.
Jgguy

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:41:16 AM

The dice games get the most traffic so more are made to try to get in on the market.  They aren't really dice games as much as hi/lo games which are easy to see the result of and easy to show fairness.
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:43:50 AM

There is new dice-sites because more people play dice-games.
There is more people play dice-games because there is new dice-sites.

Oh wait.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Circle+logic

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

Dice-games (and betting games in general) are crazily addictive. The rush/high you get from betting is similar to sex or cocaine.
Dice-games are the most simple to play : no rules to understand, you know how much you bet and what is the risk.
Yet they have a lot of complexity as you can see from the 72 pages of arguing about how the system work on this thread for example.
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:43:08 AM

People like to go where there is money to be made  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: