Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If ETH price exceed the BTC's  (Read 1106 times)
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

The ethereum will not be able to takeover bitcoin price, there are several reason I see behind that.

1. Coin Supply - Ether has 4x time more supply then BTC.
2. Ethereum is not only a coin but it is a platform and no one like to pay 30-50$ per tx to use a platform.
3. Ethereum price will be decided by the miners in the future rather than holders like in BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masijjal

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:17:19 AM

The ethereum will not be able to takeover bitcoin price, there are several reason I see behind that.

2. Ethereum is not only a coin but it is a platform and no one like to pay 30-50$ per tx to use a platform.
3. Ethereum price will be decided by the miners in the future rather than holders like in BTC

I agree with this answer. Moreover, coupled with ethereum network fees that can not be stable and change very quickly if ethereum transactions increase. Investors are also paying attention to this. The possibility of ethereum price equal to the bitcoin price is very small.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:34:10 AM

I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?
Not impossible but it will take a long time for a complete shift of investment from BTC to ETH. If ethereum overcome btc price then surely bitcoin will fall down rapidly and we will then have ehtereum as the leading cryptocurrencies.
Altcoins based on ETH will begin to shine, and some alts will face huge dump due to high uncertainty after this shift.
Trading will be affected due to this shift, alt/eth trade will become more valuable then alt/btc in exchanges.
thebitter

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:43:10 AM

Bitcoin is still #1 for investment. Eth and others just follow the king.
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:45:00 AM

i think many Ethereum holder will be happy and
some people who convert their Eth to btc will regret
that they did that

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
liuqi

Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:07:49 AM

I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?
Not impossible but it will take a long time for a complete shift of investment from BTC to ETH. If ethereum overcome btc price then surely bitcoin will fall down rapidly and we will then have ehtereum as the leading cryptocurrencies.
Altcoins based on ETH will begin to shine, and some alts will face huge dump due to high uncertainty after this shift.
Trading will be affected due to this shift, alt/eth trade will become more valuable then alt/btc in exchanges.

Nope I don't support that ethereum to cross the price of bitcoin and moreover it is not at all possible to see the bump in the market. We have to check the reach of bitcoin in the world before investing on the ethereum and goes for the more value.
Sell the alts for bitcoin bro but having the ethereum will not profitable all the time buddy. Now you may see the bitcoin value down but soon value would be increased.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
lalelulilo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:10:01 AM

I guess no? since there are lot more circulating ETH coin than BTC. But let also take consideration of all major trading sites uses ETH as alternative to BTC to trade in other alts.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

I don't think so that this will happen. Because possibility of such happening is very less.
Bitcoin is the most strongest coin in world of crypto while also BTC have more users as compare to ethereum with addition with this bitcoin life is more and performance is more better then ethereum so it will very hard to happen this.
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:19:26 AM

I agree with this answer. Moreover, coupled with ethereum network fees that can not be stable and change very quickly if ethereum transactions increase. Investors are also paying attention to this. The possibility of ethereum price equal to the bitcoin price is very small.
Yeah, I agree too ethereum cannot have way to overtake  the bitcoin's price. Bitcoin is the most high crypto asset ever recorded in cryptocurrencies world.
For now I obserb Ethereum still the second best coin but if  if ethereum exceed to its price, I think this is time that bitcoin is die already.
unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:44:17 PM

Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:25:25 AM

Maybe it will happen someday that ethereum price exceed to bitcoin but i doubt also because bitcoin has a greater value and demand compared to ethereum and the gap of ethereum price are far beyond the bitcoin price.
You are right but what is the use of thinking about something that is not going to happen ever. No offense. I was just trying to figure out the purpose behind fantasizing this, honestly. Ok maybe it will come to Reality someday but what are the chances of that again.

Yeah ETH is all good and at the top of alternative coins but it is not going to beat Bitcoin in regard of value. Bitcoin is the mother of digital currencies and the benchmark for all other Crypto coins.
germa66

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:40:05 AM

if that happens then I'm sure bitcoin will be less desirable and lose the confidence of the investors, but to make it so eth reality it is necessary to have a lot of strength and other support from the community.

tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:56:15 AM

Yeah, I agree too ethereum cannot have way to overtake  the bitcoin's price. Bitcoin is the most high crypto asset ever recorded in cryptocurrencies world.
For now I obserb Ethereum still the second best coin but if  if ethereum exceed to its price, I think this is time that bitcoin is die already.

Hahaha that's is impossible to happen now, even there's a possibility but now I can't believe that this ethereum touches the position of bitcoin in the market. Maybe it will happen after a decade, because for now ethereum value was in the under position of bit.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:05:38 PM

that's impossible it will not happen, bitcoin are more popular than ethereum, but if that's gonna happen then ethereum investors will get a big profit and nothing will happen in the crypto world its just a price increase.

Santri

Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:08:19 PM

I think it will not happen, btc remains no 1
eth does shock me in the last 6 months the price is skyrocketing ....
and even if eth exceeds bitcoin will not affect cripto
both of which are competing but I am sure eth will only reach 10% of btc

secretservice

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:13:12 PM
Merited by d@nte (2)

Bitcoin would remain the most decentralized cryptocurrency, and unlike ethereum, it really scales. So nothing would change for Bitcoin.

However, the crypto world could take a hit, because a lot of people might lose money when investors see that ETH doesn't scale.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
azker

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:23:56 AM

All hell will break lose as ETH’s market cap will break BITCOIN’s by like 7.5x which is like in the couple of trillions range iirc but that would be pretty crazy none the less
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:34:21 AM

If ETH price will exceed BTC's price, then i would accept it since we now that ETH is a very good contender for bitcoin in the cryptoworld. Maybe, it will only happened if there is no demand for bitcoin anymore which is unlikely to happen. Smiley

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
HiatusGG

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:41:29 AM

It's not impossible but i don't think that ethereum price overcomes to Bitcoin price. It's really hard to believe this thing.
findgreenland

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

For one thing, why btc's price is much higher than all other crypto coins?
Is all other crypto coin less useful  than btc?
As Eth from functional construction is better than btc, it looks possible that ETH's price can reach BTC's since they have about the same user.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: