Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:22:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OVER] Riddle game - Solve it and take the loot!  (Read 5953 times)
Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Some final words, as promised.

It took me about 2h30 to design the riddles and secure the wallet to hold the loot.
That explains why some where a bit ill-designed, and why I regret riddle #3 which was both shabby and frustrating as it had no intrinsic confirmation.

All in all, the first riddle is the only one I would keep in a serious hunt game. Without the typo, for which I apologize again.

I was shocked when Kris posted he had solved 3 riddles out of 5, ten minutes after I had them posted, and thought my 2h30 work would vanish within half an hour, at that moment. Not cool.

I was very amused when cp1 posted a false solution for riddle #1 and still chose to reverse the letters, without any hint about that in the riddle itself, that was incredible... Great intuition, there!

shawshankinmate37927 empiric resolution of the #5 was pretty impressive, though it's actually doable to crack 1 to 1 letter scrambling, just counting occurrences, assume the most frequent letter is a 'e', spot patterns (as he did) etc. Nevertheless, congratulations!

I really appreciated the overall collaboration, and even more, the fair play in the end when SteveB ninja'd the loot.

Thanks again, expect a better designed hunt next week, which might not even need Brainwallet, thanks to cbear (I PM'ed him and begged for details  Grin)

And... Tomato is a fruit, yes!

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:04:08 AM

That was a pretty complicated game.  Some well thought out puzzles in there.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:53:18 AM

Also, Kris, if you still read this, can you confirm you had 3/5 answers within 10 minutes ?

I did not get #1 correct. For some reason I came to the conclusion that it was "DeathAndTaxes"
But again this would have been to easy no ?  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: