Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119547 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:49:01 PM

I feel like hashfast should do refunds if they cant ship on their deadline specially with the  network difficulty soaring or ship with MPP when they do ship. HASHFAST HOW MUCH LONGER?

I think that's why so many people were making a fuss about the lack of PP/CC payment options.  Hashfast's terms explicitly state that refunds will not be honored before Jan. 1st, 2014.

Legally, they actually have to give you a refund at any time before they ship if they deliver more than 6 weeks (not sure of the exact time) after ordering, unless they can give you an exact ship date.

The problem with paying by bitcoin is good luck in forcing them to give you a refund like you can if you paid by credit card.

I think the point of not offering CC/PP payment options is to make getting a refund harder, not to make it impossible.  So you're right, even though the law may be on the buyer's side, most refund requests will  be deterred with a simple "No Refund 4U!" terms the buyers is made to accept before purchase.  Some buyers might go as far as an email, some as far as a phone call, and just a few diehards will follow all the way through.  Profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:28:17 PM

Really??? prweb.com? Last time when i saw them was this: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9611889.htm

What real company who raised 20 mil $ (correct me if i'm wrong) in pre-order phase releases something like this? Also...they signed an agreement to buy off the shelf PSUs? Because i don't think they will design a CUSTOM PSU. What a bunch of crap...

Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:32:42 PM

Ya cant wait to post some modular boards and just board stuff in general ! Smiley

Why is HF waiting to post that photos ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:39:41 PM

CoolIT has already developed dual processor liquid cooling system back in 2010 that can dissipate up to 900 watts of heat.  2 of them should be able to fit in the new 4U chassis.  With Overclock performance of over 500 GH per chips (according to Simon's post in the other thread) that is 2TH in a single box, same as Cointerra's TerraMiner IV...  Speaking of which, you can see Cointerra's new 3D renderings of their 4U case design and see they use 1 large radiator to cool 2 ASIC chips.   One can only dream!

One "issue" (only for a moder) with those preconfigured waterloops is generally they are sealed systems.  You can't add an extra waterblock.  So while the unit can handle 900W of heat you couldn't connect 3 waterblocks to it.  Still based on the dimensions it does look like HF could use two waterloops like that to cool 4 boards per chassis (call it a 4 module Sierra or maybe give it a new name).   Lots of interesting options.

I (maybe a minority) am more interested in a custom solution.  Single large radiator, separate pump, separate reservoir and the ability to custom built a different solution.  Using two "server" style power supplies (they tend to be thinner) one could maybe put 6 modules in a single chassis (4U).  Smiley
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:45:20 PM

CoolIT has already developed dual processor liquid cooling system back in 2010 that can dissipate up to 900 watts of heat.  2 of them should be able to fit in the new 4U chassis.  With Overclock performance of over 500 GH per chips (according to Simon's post in the other thread) that is 2TH in a single box, same as Cointerra's TerraMiner IV...  Speaking of which, you can see Cointerra's new 3D renderings of their 4U case design and see they use 1 large radiator to cool 2 ASIC chips.   One can only dream!

One "issue" (only for a moder) with those preconfigured waterloops is generally they are sealed systems.  You can't add an extra waterblock.  So while the unit can handle 900W of heat you couldn't connect 3 waterblocks to it.  Still based on the dimensions it does look like HF could use two waterloops like that to cool 4 boards per chassis (call it a 4 module Sierra or maybe give it a new name).   Lots of interesting options.

I (maybe a minority) am more interested in a custom solution.  Single large radiator, separate pump, separate reservoir and the ability to custom built a different solution.  Using two "server" style power supplies (they tend to be thinner) one could maybe put 6 modules in a single chassis (4U).  Smiley
Im with you.

Use off the shelf PC WC parts (pumps rads res etc). Server hot-swap PSUs etc. easy to do, and should not be that expensive at all (its all consumer grade stuff anyways)
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:54:21 PM

Really??? prweb.com? Last time when i saw them was this: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9611889.htm

What real company who raised 20 mil $ (correct me if i'm wrong) in pre-order phase releases something like this? Also...they signed an agreement to buy off the shelf PSUs? Because i don't think they will design a CUSTOM PSU. What a bunch of crap...

A PR article overflowing with fascinating revelations passed on to us by Hashfast's CEO.  Consider these pearls of wisdom:

“We believe mining rigs should come complete with the best power supplies available” said HashFast CEO Eduardo de Castro. “The quality and reliability of the power supply has a critical effect on the performance of Bitcoin mining equipment. It’s well known that Sea Sonic is a clear leader in the power supply industry, and their products are widely known for their build quality, efficiency and reliability. Their reputation for quality extends over nearly four decades.”

"Tests of the Sea Sonic power supply show an incredibly stable output and longevity, even when machines are overclocked, enabling miners to generate more Bitcoin for their money."

"“It is a great honor to be working with Sea Sonic,” said de Castro. “We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship.”"

No, really, it's *all* like that.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:59:41 PM

Im with you.

Use off the shelf PC WC parts (pumps rads res etc). Server hot-swap PSUs etc. easy to do, and should not be that expensive at all (its all consumer grade stuff anyways)

+1
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:09:51 PM

I dont care for most eff PSU. I do care that they do ship on time and if NOT refund my bitcoins!

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:21:13 PM

hence higher costs and lower quality for competitors.

Yeah, or I just buy the Seasonic Platinum 1000w and attach it to my Jupiter when it arrived 2 weeks ago.
Visesrion

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:24:41 PM

Ya cant wait to post some modular boards and just board stuff in general ! Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Visesrion

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:26:27 AM

because they have nothing to photograph.

I am afraid that may be true.

Let's let HF prove we are wrong

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
pwnyboy

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:43:15 PM

You say "20% safety margin" and I think "20% overclocking margin."   Wink

Whoa!  Stop the press... that sounds like something an end-user would say, not an employee of Hashfast. 

Furthermore...

Quote from: Hashfast_CL
IMPORTANT UPDATE

HashFast customers opting for the Miner Protection Program will receive their additional ASICs already assembled onto mini-boards.

Hashfast, the company, apparently wasn't fully onboard with this... as evidenced by the subsequent post by Amy Woodward only two hours later:

Quote from: Amy Woodward
This statement needs to be clarified and was released prematurely. We are currently in the final stages of an internal discussion about how to further protect miners moving forward for customers that opt into purchasing it.

So, tell us, are you employed by Hashfast?  Will someone from an official Hashfast account confirm that?  If not, you're some form of unaffiliated shill.  Are you cypherdoc?

If you're not officially affiliated with Hashfast, the moderators should change your name.  Hashfast employees, what's the deal?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:47:00 PM

You say "20% safety margin" and I think "20% overclocking margin."   Wink

Whoa!  Stop the press... that sounds like something an end-user would say, not an employee of Hashfast. 

Furthermore...

Quote from: Hashfast_CL
IMPORTANT UPDATE

HashFast customers opting for the Miner Protection Program will receive their additional ASICs already assembled onto mini-boards.

Hashfast, the company, apparently wasn't fully onboard with this... as evidenced by the subsequent post by Amy Woodward only two hours later:

Quote from: Amy Woodward
This statement needs to be clarified and was released prematurely. We are currently in the final stages of an internal discussion about how to further protect miners moving forward for customers that opt into purchasing it.

So, tell us, are you employed by Hashfast?  Will someone from an official Hashfast account confirm that?  If not, you're some form of unaffiliated shill.  Are you cypherdoc?

If you're not officially affiliated with Hashfast, the moderators should change your name.  Hashfast employees, what's the deal?

It's not me you idiot.

I already said I'm not being paid by Hashfast
pwnyboy

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:51:56 PM

It's not me you idiot.

Namecalling adds volumes to your credibility.

I already said I'm not being paid by Hashfast

Not being paid, isn't the same thing as being an unaffiliated shill with Hashfast in your name.

Aside, logically thinking individuals can clearly see that my post was directed to the company, and Hashfast_CL specifically, not you.  It makes your calling me an idiot that much funnier.  Keep it up.
pwnyboy

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:54:40 PM

p.s. since I wasn't talking to cypherdoc, and he thought I was, I can only conclude by his statements that cypherdoc == Hashfast_CL == unpaid.  Got it.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:34:58 PM

p.s. since I wasn't talking to cypherdoc, and he thought I was, I can only conclude by his statements that cypherdoc == Hashfast_CL == unpaid.  Got it.

Wow, you're really smart.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:07:19 PM

It's an elaborated plot, where Hashfast_CL PMs me with information that contradicts cypherdoc. So not only is he shilling but also suffering from a split personality? Wow... You are smart
pwnyboy

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:05:21 PM

It's an elaborated plot, where Hashfast_CL PMs me with information that contradicts cypherdoc. So not only is he shilling but also suffering from a split personality? Wow... You are smart

The word you're looking for is actually "elaborate".

You're looking at me and what you perceive my intelligence to be.  But you ought to be looking at Hashfast_CL.  If this individual does work for Hashfast, why doesn't it bother you that they're giving you privileged information in a PM where any moderator (or any hacker!, as we now know to be the case) can read it?

Are you the pillar of intelligence, or am I?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:12:46 PM

The word you're looking for is actually "elaborate".

Oh great, let's piss on the language skills of a person for whom English is the forth language. You must be a 16 year old US citizen. How is moms basement working out?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:11:05 PM

HashFast have the final PCB been produced?  If so can we see some photos?  
I am interested in final dimensions, locations of power connectors, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: