Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is McAfee a particularly good source of information  (Read 414 times)
astropark

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 05:19:01 PM

his tweets are pump/dump signals, stay away from sharks and whales singals!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
among

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:49:22 PM

It seems that he is very active and kind of giving frequent signals, but apart from the effective antivirus, is there any particular reason to believe that his views are any better than others? I am just asking, as I have not bothered to research much  Tongue

he is a multi millionaire and security expert thus people give value to his comments on the coins but there are some claims that he demand for  25 btc and 15% of supply of coin for giving any status about the coin.... you should make your research before investing in any coin

i have seen that 25 btc and 15% of supply of coin For promoting;he asked, but is it true, he said that someone used an other twitter of his.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:48:09 PM

Not really. He suggests stuff which I don't really think are good recommendations. However, I quite like his Twitter feed, especially since he tweets weird stuff and all.

emoji00 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:56:55 PM

That is also my understanding, it is just signalling but no real business recommendation. I am sad that he is heading that way and selling his reputation for bitcoin. I will keep informed, but just to be aware and not be on the way.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:47:41 PM

He could be biased, but in my opinion, most of the coin he picked have good technologies and roadmap. I'm sure he has done many research and analysis before he decided which coin he picks.
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:49:33 PM

I think he is full of shit. He will pump any shit coin for money.

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:55:43 PM

It seems that he is very active and kind of giving frequent signals, but apart from the effective antivirus, is there any particular reason to believe that his views are any better than others? I am just asking, as I have not bothered to research much  Tongue
He is not a reliable source of information about altcoins because he is using his fame to get paid for a pump and dump altcoins. It is better to do your own research before buying altcoin to make sure you will not lose your investment.
joeydangerous

Activity: 350

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:02:10 PM

His feed is probably sent out after he buys in or after he places a sell within the order books. Something is extremely fishy about that guy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:02:11 PM

His information/openions affect the altcoin because people are keen to his choice. If pick coins then people start investing on it that why many of those flourish.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

I'm not sure about all of his informations Smiley. Some of them are goods but some I think it's not. He often shares Coin of the day, Coin of the week,....these coin price often pump very fast right after he shared it. Beside he also shares infor about ICO projects but I think maybe he received some amount of money to write some news about these ICO projects to make people think they're good Smiley.

PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:21:12 PM

He is an expert on antivirus software. The signals he gives about the altcoins may be true or may be wrong, so it's best to research before making a decision. And we need to be careful. According to my knowledge, his twitter account has been hacked and appropriated, that signals may be wrong and this makes many people lose. Don't trust someone absolutely. The decision is your own
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:22:38 PM

McAfee is a Bitcoin supporter and He always believes in Bitcoin Smiley. But I never believing anything he shares on his twitter account cause I feel like he just wanna share anything that he's paid to do Smiley). For example, He shared that Tronic (TRX) is a good coin but for now let take a look at the price of TRX, although there are a lot of big event related to TRX but they seem like useless when TRX price still too low and can't go up to 0.00001 BTC again Smiley

bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:30:22 PM

Bottom line...the coins pump after he goes on his media tour.

Take away...be the first to buy his shilled coins and the first to sell...your portfolio will thank you.

I love McAfee
This is how good it is to be a famous person,
Before he published a news or statement, I was sure he and the team behind him were buying as much coins as he could
And when news releases, prices will rise and ... our boom all profits + 10% to 15%
Snipes19811

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:42:42 PM

Hes a pump and dump .you can guarantee he's already bought the coin at a low price before he posts then sells thems just as quick

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Bounty]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
jkinit2125

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:17:20 AM

On my opinion, he must not be. We should always bare in our minds that he himself is also being paid as an adviser. Nowaday, there is no free at all. Everything has its costs. If McAfee says tbc, the billion coin is not a scam, would you still believe in him? The best source of information, comes from you only. Try to become a skeptical person. And be curious and resoyrcesful as possible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
kaloloy

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:23:02 AM

I think not, he's giving information for he's own advantage because he knew that people would follow his recommendations and that's his advantage and getting more profit when coin prices are higher.
That's why today people and smart investors are staying away from his tweets and his recommendations or whatsoever.
kaloloy

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:26:41 AM

Hes a pump and dump .you can guarantee he's already bought the coin at a low price before he posts then sells thems just as quick

Before he tweets, he invested a lot of money into coins and then after he tweets the coins are rising up in prices so that's his good advantage because some people choose to invest his coins of the day.
He then sell off his coins and there's a sudden dump everywhere so poor investors were stuck because the coin price never rises as used to be.
That's why it's not good to follow Mr. John McAfee's recommendations.
kaloloy

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:29:36 AM

I think he is full of shit. He will pump any shit coin for money.

Indeed, he is not loyal for a coin, never was.
He just want people's money and he's a pump dump king of Cryptocurrency that will ruin investors' money while he gained a lot of money through tweeting " shit coind of the day"
Stay away from him or else you're giving him your money for no good reasons.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:29:52 AM

I would be wary of signals from Mcafee . So how can buy and get the coin . And even hear what MCafee has said that his Twitter was hacked and supposedly it's not him wrote
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:24 AM

to some extent yes. but not for long.

what he is doing is classical pump and dumping of altcoins. he buys some shitcoins then after he was satisfied with his bag size, he posts something online on his twitter, etc about it so that he can hype the coin up. there are of course other things that go in to it but the final result is that the coin is bought by the newbies and he makes a lot of money if it is pumped successfully.

but no pump group can last forever, and McAfee is not an exception. he will either give up, get beaten down by the real pumpers that have been doing it for years, or is prosecuted for market manipulation and fraud since it is illegal!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: