Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Exchange: a 100% decentralized p2p exchange  (Read 92233 times)
morpheus (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 02:55:48 AM

Did not run in Windows 7 ultimate or home, PT-BR, 64bit.
The run.bat do not recognize java or something like this in the directory structure or whatever...
I tested the last java (32 bits, Version 6 Update 26), I2P (I2P 0.8.7) and D.E. in Download Packages (Uploaded July 16, 2011).

Code:
C:\Users\x\Desktop\de>run.bat

C:\Users\x\Desktop\de>REM Dark Exchange Launch script

C:\Users\x\Desktop\de>java -cp "resources;lib/*" darkexchange.main

'java' não é reconhecido como um comando interno
ou externo, um programa operável ou um arquivo em lotes.

C:\Users\x\Desktop\de>endlocal

C:\Users\x\Desktop\de>

Try typing just "java -version" at your command prompt.

It looks like java is not installed, or is not on the path.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blap

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:26:18 PM

Ok, I found the error...
I need to use java 64bit for my system, not the 32...
thanks!
=)
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 03:26:25 PM

I've released another version of Dark Exchange. The latest version is 1.1.1 and can be downloaded from: https://github.com/macourtney/Dark-Exchange/downloads

This release included some major changes to identities with the goal of connecting people to start trading.

---

New in this release:

Added a column to the identities table to show which identities are currently online. However, due to the nature of the p2p network, "is online" is only a best guess right now. If you're not sure, viewing the identity will force Dark Exchange to update the "is online" status.

You can now view identities. This allows you to see more details of the identity including all of their open offers. I'm hoping this will help people find trading partners much faster. To view an identity, go to the identity tab, select an identity and click the view button (or double click on the identity). You can only see offers from identities which are online.

I've added another destination to the peers.txt file and the peers tab shows "yes" when a peer has been notified or blank if not.

You can now just press enter after entering your password in the login screen (before you had to tab over to the login button and press the space bar).

---

Both the identities DarkExchange and Morpheus should be online at all times. If DarkExchange is ever down, let me know ASAP. It's having problems sometimes and I'm not sure what's going on. DarkExchange is the identity on the initial p2p node which everyone connects to. If it goes down, new nodes may not be able to connect to the network.

Morpheus will likely be up and down sometimes since it is my laptop and I have to take it down when I move around.

I may have trouble keeping up with my weekly release schedule next weekend as I will be out of town. I only plan to make cosmetic changes with no major new features for the next release. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them in and make a release before I leave.
wegotpickles

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:53:18 PM

I've released another version of Dark Exchange.
Great release  Grin
Both the identities DarkExchange and Morpheus should be online at all times. If DarkExchange is ever down, let me know ASAP. It's having problems sometimes and I'm not sure what's going on. DarkExchange is the identity on the initial p2p node which everyone connects to. If it goes down, new nodes may not be able to connect to the network.
Is it important that THAT node be the first, or will entering the destination of any online node work (so long as said node has been online long enough to collect the destinations of other nodes before the initial node went down)?
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 12:38:38 AM

Is it important that THAT node be the first, or will entering the destination of any online node work (so long as said node has been online long enough to collect the destinations of other nodes before the initial node went down)?

As long as you can find any node on the network which has all of the other destinations, it will work. You can add other destinations on the Peer tab.

BTW, I see you! On the dark exchange.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 01:19:45 AM

Ok, I found the error...
I need to use java 64bit for my system, not the 32...
thanks!
=)

Actually, you just have to set your environmental values.

Type 'environment' in your start menu, click on 'Edit System environmental' (or something)
Make sure the "Advanced" tab is selected, click on Environmental Variables.
In the system variables, scroll down to PATH.
Click on PATH and hit the 'edit' button.
Locate your java.exe in your java folder (mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin).
Add a ";" and copy and paste the location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin) into the box.
Open a new CMD and type "java -version" to check that it worked.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:01:04 AM

Could you explain how to compile the git project?
Because Java is not exactly the kind of stuff i'm used to compile Grin

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:42:41 PM

Could you explain how to compile the git project?
Because Java is not exactly the kind of stuff i'm used to compile Grin

First, Dark Exchange is not written in Java, but in Clojure (http://clojure.org/). Because it's written in Clojure, there is a different method of "compiling" Dark Exchange than the usual java program.

You will need to download and install the JDK (not just the JRE). Then download and install Leiningen (https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen). There isn't an installer for Leiningen. You'll have to copy the Leiningen script into some directory on your path then run "lein install". Everything you need to know about installation is on the Leiningen github project page.

Once you have everything installed, you can then run "lein deps, install" from your clone of the Dark-Exchange project. That will download all of the dependencies, create a jar file, and install the jar in the Leiningen repository.

To create a tar, simply use the command "lein tar".

If you want to make changes to Dark-Exchange and run it in development mode, you can run "lein run :development" or simply "lein run :dev". Since Clojure is a scripting language, you can run it in development mode without the need to recompile it each time.

If you extracted the tar and want to run that instance of Dark Exchange in development mode, you can use "run.bat -mode development" or "run.sh -mode development".
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:25:30 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2011, 03:38:04 PM by jackjack

Thanks!

How many people are using Dark Exchange?

Edit: Morpheus, you should modify your post for the next people willing to install lein, it's 'lein self-install' to install it, not 'lein install'

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 04:10:19 PM

Thanks!

How many people are using Dark Exchange?

Edit: Morpheus, you should modify your post for the next people willing to install lein, it's 'lein self-install' to install it, not 'lein install'
Apparently no one but me is using Dark Exchange.   Wink
Well if they are I don't see anyone in the Identity or Peer tabs.
I2P is running.  Network: OK.  Peers Active: 20/48.  Dark Exchange 1.1.1 installed.  No results in Search tab either.

Any ideas??

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 04:15:08 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2011, 04:28:14 PM by jackjack

I see 14 peers, DarkExchange as the only identity, but nothing in Search tab neither

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:23:04 PM

I see 14 peers, DarkExchange as the only identity, but nothing in Search tab neither

I have 15 peers, but only 7 have been notified.

In identities, I have 9. With only DarkExchange and wegotpickles shown as online. If you're online, then you should also see me, morpheus.

The first time you start Dark Exchange it will use the peers.txt file to try to download all peers in the network. You need to leave Dark Exchange running for at least 10 minutes to be sure it has connected to the network. If you don't see 15 peers after 10 minutes, you may have to restart Dark Exchange or add peers manually.

After all of the peers are downloaded, each peer is queried for identities. Any identity it finds is added to the identity tab. If the identity is online, it is marked as online. If not then it is not.

Every time you restart Dark Exchange it runs through all of the peers looking for new identities and marking identities as online. If someone drops offline while you're still online, then the "is online" column will not be updated until you try to view their identity or restart Dark Exchange.

It still sounds like people are having trouble connecting. I'll have to do more research on better ways to connect everyone.
MrWizard

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:07:29 PM

I have run Dark Exchange for 1 hour +.  I have also restarted it a few times.  At no time did it load peers from peers.txt into the Peer tab.
I manually added the two peers in peers.txt and i can now see Morpheus in the Identity tab.
It has been 15+ minutes and no new peers have been added to the Peer tab.

Morpheus, if you can see me "BitcoinBillionaire" I guess we have partial success.  Smiley

P.S.  Could you timestamp the log entries in production.log?  It would help a bit to know when events occurred.

(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

I have run Dark Exchange for 1 hour +.  I have also restarted it a few times.  At no time did it load peers from peers.txt into the Peer tab.
I manually added the two peers in peers.txt and i can now see Morpheus in the Identity tab.
It has been 15+ minutes and no new peers have been added to the Peer tab.

Morpheus, if you can see me "BitcoinBillionaire" I guess we have partial success.  Smiley

P.S.  Could you timestamp the log entries in production.log?  It would help a bit to know when events occurred.

Yes, I see BitcoinBillionare and now jackjack also.

I don't know why it wasn't loading peers.txt. Was there an exception in the log?

I've added an issue to add timestamps to the log.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:11:45 PM

I just restarted it and it's a bit better: I see you, DarkExchange and wegotpickles in Identities (all online), and 16 peers with only 4 notified (the '1' seems to be meaning 'Newly notified', right?)

Got a new question: where are the accounts? I'd really like to import my account into my dev repo instead of creating a new one
I even 'find | xargs grep''d, but nothing...

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:13:24 PM

I just restarted it and it's a bit better: I see you, DE and wegotpickles in Identities (all online), and 16 peers with only 4 notified (the '1' seems to be meaning 'Newly notified', right?)

Yes, the '1' means notified. It should say 'yes', but it's a display bug which will be fixed in the next release.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:22:19 PM

Little bump, obviously I edited after you answered

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:24:51 PM

Got a new question: where are the accounts? I'd really like to import my account into my dev repo instead of creating a new one
I even 'find | xargs grep''d, but nothing...

Your account is held in a database in the data directory where your Dark Exchange is installed. If you want move it over to your dev repo, simply copy the entire data directory.
MrWizard

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:34:39 PM

Did a restart hoping for some luck.  No luck though - no new peers.
Here is what was added to my production.log on start-up:
INFO  [config.db-config]: Environment: :production
DEBUG [darkexchange.database.h2]: Executing query: ["SELECT * FROM schema_info LIMIT 1"]
INFO  [darkexchange.database.migrate]: schema_info exists
DEBUG [darkexchange.database.h2]: Executing query: ["SELECT * FROM schema_info LIMIT 1"]
INFO  [drift.runner]: Current database version: 9
INFO  [drift.runner]: Updating to version: 9
INFO  [drift.runner]: No changes were made to the database.
INFO  [darkexchange.model.server]: Initializing server.
INFO  [darkexchange.model.listeners.listener-init]: Adding listeners.
INFO  [darkexchange.model.actions.action-init]: Adding actions.
INFO  [darkexchange.model.peer]: Downloading peers in background.
INFO  [darkexchange.model.peer]: loading peers

After 15 minutes no new entries were added.  Hope this helps.

Equanimous

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:38:25 PM

I was think if you could use ideas from ripple-pay to overcome the trust issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzqM5dpF7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyiyUjPMs-g
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: