Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:02:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Exchange: a 100% decentralized p2p exchange  (Read 92231 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:39:27 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2011, 06:54:39 PM by jackjack

Got a new question: where are the accounts? I'd really like to import my account into my dev repo instead of creating a new one
I even 'find | xargs grep''d, but nothing...

Your account is held in a database in the data directory where your Dark Exchange is installed. If you want move it over to your dev repo, simply copy the entire data directory.
It works but without the dev flag
Well, no after all, without the dev flag I got that error:

See below

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morpheus (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:41:49 PM

Got a new question: where are the accounts? I'd really like to import my account into my dev repo instead of creating a new one
I even 'find | xargs grep''d, but nothing...

Your account is held in a database in the data directory where your Dark Exchange is installed. If you want move it over to your dev repo, simply copy the entire data directory.
It works but without the dev flag

That means you're running on the real network instead of the development network. It should be fine, but you could cause exceptions or have issues when you start changing things.

It should have worked with the dev flag also. Strange.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:51:20 PM

I edited again, sorry for that (I won't edit anymore Wink )

Actually there are 2 different errors (when no dev flag), when I hit the Login button

If the password is correct:

Code:
ERROR [darkexchange.uncaught-exception-handler]: Uncaught Exception:
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1768)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:767)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:658)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:92)
at clojure.core$future_call.invoke(core.clj:5406)
at darkexchange.controller.login.login$login.invoke(login.clj:62)
at darkexchange.controller.login.login$login_action.invoke(login.clj:70)
at seesaw.event$fire.invoke(event.clj:206)
at seesaw.event$eval1022$fn$reify__1024.actionPerformed(event.clj:233)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI$Actions.actionPerformed(BasicRootPaneUI.java:191)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(SwingUtilities.java:1633)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(JComponent.java:2851)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireBinding(KeyboardManager.java:267)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireKeyboardAction(KeyboardManager.java:216)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindingsForAllComponents(JComponent.java:2928)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(JComponent.java:2920)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2814)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6040)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1850)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:712)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:990)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:855)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:676)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4502)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

If not:

Code:
ERROR [darkexchange.uncaught-exception-handler]: Uncaught Exception:
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1768)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:767)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:658)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:92)
at clojure.core$future_call.invoke(core.clj:5406)
at darkexchange.controller.login.login$login.invoke(login.clj:62)
at darkexchange.controller.login.login$login_action.invoke(login.clj:70)
at seesaw.event$fire.invoke(event.clj:206)
at seesaw.event$eval1022$fn$reify__1024.actionPerformed(event.clj:233)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6263)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:57:44 PM

In the data dir there are dark_exchange_development.(h2|trace).db and dark_exchange_production.(h2|trace).db, si finally it's not that strange I believe

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:06:18 PM

In the data dir there are dark_exchange_development.(h2|trace).db and dark_exchange_production.(h2|trace).db, si finally it's not that strange I believe

Duh, the development and production databases are separate. Smiley

For some reason, I thought it would use the same database. That still doesn't explain the exceptions you're getting.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:07:12 AM

I think I'll create a new account, it's not that important

riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:27:04 AM

interesting will watch this development
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 06:31:31 AM

Hi, guys, I had an idea for a decentralized exchange.
It only works for chain crypto-currencies, but you don't need to trust anybody to make a exchange.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Shevek

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 11:46:48 AM

Perhaps it's a dummy question, but I don't really see the question.

4. Linda sends the payment,
(...)
6. Barry sends his payment to linda,

And... how Linda and Barry send fiat money through the Dark Exchange (at least, one of both sends fiat money)!!?? Do they need a central authority bank, a paypal account...?

If exchange of fiat money through p2p-network is solved... why do we need bitcoin?

Proposals for improving bitcoin are like asses: everybody has one
1SheveKuPHpzpLqSvPSavik9wnC51voBa
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 11:51:37 AM

Perhaps it's a dummy question, but I don't really see the question.

4. Linda sends the payment,
(...)
6. Barry sends his payment to linda,

And... how Linda and Barry send fiat money through the Dark Exchange (at least, one of both sends fiat money)!!?? Do they need a central authority bank, a paypal account...?

If exchange of fiat money through p2p-network is solved... why do we need bitcoin?

Yes you need a central authority to send national currencies (I would say bitcoin is also fiat) through the internet.
I think in this case the central authority is this:

http://www.libertyreserve.com/

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 12:05:12 PM

Exchange of fiat money is not solved through p2p-network, here p2p really stands for peer to peer
Ie you send your bitcoins (or even a fiat currency) and the other person sends you what you buy/sell, nothing else involved like in traditional currency exchanges

jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 12:20:54 PM

Exchange of fiat money is not solved through p2p-network, here p2p really stands for peer to peer
Ie you send your bitcoins (or even a fiat currency) and the other person sends you what you buy/sell, nothing else involved like in traditional currency exchanges

I see, since the exchange doesn't warranty that the trade is atomic, it may not be even through the internet. The two users will decide.
Have you seen my proposal for an anonymous almost-atomic exchange between bitcoin-like currencies?
If one of them adapts its code (bitcoin or namecoin), it could be done atomically.

Shevek

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 01:47:36 PM

Thanks jtimon % jackjack

So the p2p-network handles only the bids and serves the personal contacts; pays are done out of the box. Do I understand?

The key of my confusion is that I didn't know a word of services like "libertyreserve"...

Proposals for improving bitcoin are like asses: everybody has one
1SheveKuPHpzpLqSvPSavik9wnC51voBa
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:57:31 PM

So the p2p-network handles only the bids and serves the personal contacts; pays are done out of the box. Do I understand?

Yes, this is correct. Though, it also walks you through the trade process.

The key of my confusion is that I didn't know a word of services like "libertyreserve"...

Actually, Dark Exchange does not currently support Liberty Reserve (though I can easily add it if there is interest). You can use Dwolla to transfer USD. You can learn more about Dwolla at: https://www.dwolla.com/default.aspx

Otherwise, you have the option of sending fiat money through the mail.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:04:37 PM

First of all, all I say is what I understood about this project, don't take it as 100% true until Morpheus confirms it  Wink

I see, since the exchange doesn't warranty that the trade is atomic, it may not be even through the internet. The two users will decide.
Have you seen my proposal for an anonymous almost-atomic exchange between bitcoin-like currencies?
If one of them adapts its code (bitcoin or namecoin), it could be done atomically.

The problem is that I don't understand the word 'atomic'. If it means something like 'automatic', then, yes, Dark Exchange (after some modifications) can be an awesome tool to perform automated, instant, nearly-sure cryptocurrencies exchange

Thanks jtimon % jackjack

Exactly
I don't know libertyreserve either, for now the choices in Dark Exchange are 'Cash by mail' and 'Check or money order by mail', but Dwolla, Paypal, Libertyreserve, or even 'face to face exchange in a Central Park' can easily be added

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:16:17 PM

Do I need ports forwarded.. or something?

Runs fine... or seems to, but i never get any peers or anything.. been running for a couple of hours now.

mooo for rent
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 07:08:28 PM

Atomic means that the two sub-transactions (BTC to one place, USD to another) happen at the same time.
It doesn't have to be literally at the same time, but they happen both or none of them.
Normally you need a third party to escrow the payments but I have a proposal to avoid that in some cases.

I guessed it use LR because some web exchanges like mtgox, BTCex or bitcoin central use it.

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:13:11 PM

Do I need ports forwarded.. or something?

Runs fine... or seems to, but i never get any peers or anything.. been running for a couple of hours now.

Did you make sure I2P is running properly? You can do that through your browser using the link: http://127.0.0.1:7657/index.jsp

If that seems to be up and running properly, you can try restarting Dark Exchange. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do.

I have an idea to make Dark Exchange even more aggressive with connecting to peers, but it will have to wait a couple weeks before I can get to it.
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:15:45 PM

Atomic means that the two sub-transactions (BTC to one place, USD to another) happen at the same time.
It doesn't have to be literally at the same time, but they happen both or none of them.
Normally you need a third party to escrow the payments but I have a proposal to avoid that in some cases.

I guessed it use LR because some web exchanges like mtgox, BTCex or bitcoin central use it.

It may be possible to do atomic transactions with purely digital currencies. I don't think it would be possible with fiat. Either way, you can still use Dark Exchange with these methods. It's just not integrated in any meaningful way.

Also, Dark Exchange does not currently use Liberty Reserve.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:39:31 PM

It would be nice to have checkboxes instead of the current one-choice form for the transfer manner

And the error I posted above is also thrown when I try to create a new account

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: