Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57743 times)
ameer1367

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:57:00 AM

with your tool i come on about 130 days. but i do undrestand the fact that difficulty level is increasing. due the fact that all the asic chips are getting online in the coming months as Mechs says. not to forget that the producers hash before delivering most of the times.
im 100% sure the producers mined when the price got on like 130$ marcha/april. sure it was cause by political changes in cyprus. people cashing in their saving money and buying all kind of values like gold,zilver, bitcoins.
When a producers sees more profit in using their own products, whey would be stupid not to do so. and ofcourse you had the media chewing in the market after the price rasing sky high. cause more people to join and mine.

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-small-lin-ever.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

not true. hardware investment will break even in 112. do the counting: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

This is exactly why I want to be an ASIC reseller.

Some people just don't understand... lol
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:22:53 PM

Interesting chart.  It appears that the Bitcoin hashing network is the most powerful distributed supercomputer on the planet by far...
felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:23:47 PM

Interesting chart.  It appears that the Bitcoin hashing network is the most powerful distributed supercomputer on the planet by far...

yes, absolutely. but very dumb supercomputer indeed.

edit:
well, not dumb. just not a supercomputer but a "dedicated solver" Smiley
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

edit:

we roll dice REALLY well.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:44:29 PM

edit:

world's largest and/or fastest psuedorandom number generater?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:31:15 PM

edit:

Largest maybe, but certainly not the fastest.

<256 bits every 10 minutes isn't exactly quick (you can't count the leading 0s since they are predetermined)

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
felente

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

<256 bits every 10 minutes isn't exactly quick (you can't count the leading 0s since they are predetermined)

that's now interesting...
can you elaborate it? Smiley
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:05:42 PM

The block hash is what is used as a pseudorandom source for some applications.

felente

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:18:22 PM

The block hash is what is used as a pseudorandom source for some applications.

i see...
and fifty millions as a difficulty factor (today) tell us something?
so it's not just "<256 bits", right? Wink
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:56:09 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 12:47:28 AM by Trongersoll

edit:

every hash is a psuedo-random number regardless if it is used or not. at least in my opinion. People here tend to focus on what we are doing and not what else could be done.

felente

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:32:11 AM

@Trongersoll

did you forgotten to comment the quote above?
and your opinion is... ? Smiley
rsbriggs

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:43:20 AM

Am thinking someone not understanding how many FLOPS go into calculating only one single difficulty one share.  Bitcoin calculating network performing way more than exaflops - being many times more than top 500 supercomputers combining to calculate.
felente

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:47:31 AM

Am thinking someone not understanding how many FLOPS go into calculating only one single difficulty one share.  Bitcoin calculating network performing way more than exaflops - being many times more than top 500 supercomputers combining to calculate.
wink Wink
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:48:22 AM

@Trongersoll

did you forgotten to comment the quote above?
and your opinion is... ? Smiley

typo. fixed
felente

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:53:52 AM

so you mean bitcoin is under danger of 51%+ attack today?
and this smaller-but-faster existing computer (or network) should be? name of it?  Shocked
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:07:09 AM

so you mean bitcoin is under danger of 51%+ attack today?
and this smaller-but-faster existing computer (or network) should be? name of it?  Shocked

this is just a result of different points of view.
felente

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:10:00 AM

well, ok Smiley
enough offtopic here.
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:00:58 AM

just to quote what you said:

"(ASICMINER) have created thousands and thousands of pissed off customers that thought they were going to "print money" but got taken to the cleaners"

AM didn't tell them they were going to "print money", the customers didn't do their due diligence. Not AM's fault.

Presumably all these thousands and thousands of "pissed off" customers won't come back, and that will be the end of AM's hardware sales. Or perhaps they will sell out in days again?

I'm just struggling to understand why you are having a go at AM? They made no false promises with their products, did not guarantee or even suggest any returns, simply put a product out there that people couldn't get enough of. Nobody forced anyone to buy them. People want mining equipment now, not vaporware that may appear or may not appear.

If people can't use a ROI investment calculator then they shouldn't be in this business. Again, their responsibility, not AM's.

Again with the defensiveness?!?

I never said AM told people anything.  Stop reading me as an attack and perhaps you will understand.  I never stated AM is responsible for the foolishness of others.  I said they are taking advantage of them.  This is great for the shareholders and re-sellers.  Not the miners.

Yes thousands but there are thousands more waiting in line to get burned (for now).  I just don't think its a long term business model as the number of fools will eventually run out and then it will become a problem for AM.  Unless the business plan is "take the money and run".  It does not promote bitcoin in a positive way.

By your logic, people still fall for Nigerian 419 scams deserve to be scammed. Before you get all defensive again.  MY POINT AGAIN IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND FOOLS ARE BORN EVERY SECOND.  Do you really expect people to use proper ROI investment calculators?  Seriously?

This is constructive criticism for them to contemplate, not an attack.  If you don't want to listen, then I can't help you.  If I were a shareholder I would be concerned about this.

Cheers.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:35:59 AM

edit:

every hash is a psuedo-random number regardless if it is used or not. at least in my opinion. People here tend to focus on what we are doing and not what else could be done.

Sure, but the reason block hashes are used is because they are verifiable.  For instance you can run a lottery and determine the winner based on the hash of block #X.  I supposed feeding the lower bits of your mining share hashes into your entropy pool would be useful, but most people have no need for that much entropy.  If they do have a need, they are better off with a hardware RNG.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: