Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DAG + Satellites + 3D Symbols] ConnectX: Cryptocurrency Satellites  (Read 1358 times)
Cryptotoke

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:47:45 PM

Sales webinar, really??? feels like a time share so far lul
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 10:51:20 PM by joosep

ConnectX seems to me quite suspicious, this is more private centralised system and not no-trust  decentralised crypto.
liezel13

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:34:55 AM

how do we know that were in the list of bounty,
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:18:18 AM

Your referal system sucks so much.
How do we know how many refferals we sent and how do we know that you are counting each refferal ?
BillyNomates

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:38:56 PM

I got blocked from the Connectx Telegram group (currently the only way to talk to other people about this "Honestly not a scam" project) for questioning the authenticity of it.
You don't need to use the internet, but you need to plug a box into the internet.
You connect to the satellite network using a small handheld dish that they give (sell?) you, that has no apparent way of locating the satellites. They're in the sky, just point it up and let Jesus guide you?
The roadmap is dodgy as hell, This year, finishing the product. (even though they've been doing this since at least 2015 (http://fortune.com/2015/01/29/connectx-space-data/) they just seem to have switched their focus from "Big Data" to "Big Money".
The webinar is just a bunch of stock photos and powerpoint slides of all the information that is already on the site.

If you can get blocked (and i'm assuming i wont get my free coins now) for questioning the validity of the project, then i hope to god people that actually pay for the coins just keep their mouth shut.

I will stick with the general rule of:

If it looks like one;
If it smells like one;
It probably is one.

and avoid this thing like the plague.
Unless they would like to prove to me that they are not just a pump and dump, my opinion will most likely not change.
Thule

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:12:45 PM

No Team

No Company Info
BillyNomates

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:15:30 AM

Exactly, and yet people are STILL (even after the just ridiculously bad sales pitch/webinar) giving them money.
The only discussion group they are involved in is Telegram, and that's only so they can control who is involved in it. If someone questions it, they get "Banned for life".
The only contact details are Telegram contact details for "Lance".

No wallets are available, even for those that have already bought coins with actual money, until Q2 at least (apparently).
No questions are being answered about technical (or even wallet) details until Q2 at least (apparently).

I'm sorry but this just smells all kinds of funny. (and not funny like a clowns fart)

I really hope people don't lose too much money with these guys.
Deborah

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:20:17 AM

No Team

No Company Info

also no partner ,no code info . dev your idea is really great ,but can you proof us something  ,thanks!
Jo_Sch

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:53:09 AM

As we all (should) know, if something seems to good to be true, it probably isn't!

They (he?) want(s) to send satellites into space, but fail to provide anything a proper ICO comes with - as some of you have already pointed out.

All we know is one face of a guy supposedly called Lance Parker. While I am sure there are people out there called Lance Parker, it still sounds like some super hero's secret identity and of course is a great name for a former pilot (that he claims to be).

You can only buy the tokens in a very unorthodox way and I couldn't find any information on where they go to once I have paid for them - it's like shooting money into space (pun intended!).

Let's see if the promised free coins will actually arrive at those who have watched the webinar and what happens after that. Before any of that happens I'd stay clear off buying any tokens, let alone one of the "great" packages.

There is also no way to tell if the number of sales already made are actually true.

Granted, IF all of this is real and legit, it might be a ground breaking technology (although I still don't see how the internet is left outside when I have to plug this cube or whatever into my router - it'd make sense if I could plug it directly into my computer and then - however - it would connect me to a satellite). If that is the case, they should definitely work on their presentation, introduce the team etc....
BillyNomates

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

Well thank goodness its not just me that thinks this is a bit... iffy.
I was beginning to think i was missing something. (And not in the FOMO way)
ArifBestari

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:55:47 PM

This is bounty thread or connectx main thread?
Thule

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:35:20 PM

Just saw that i got banned from their telegram group.

All i asked was a link to their team members and company info LOL

and i asked for it just once
zyrenhufalar11

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:47:30 AM

Yeah looks very suspicious. Whitepaper is total BS, no useful info at all. No team member names given except for the CEO "Lance Parker", who has a suspicious looking LinkedIn profile. Says the company has been around since 2014 but I couldn't find any information on "ConnectX" online except for on their website.
Jo_Sch

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

Billy, you are definitely not alone thinking that there might be something wrong here.

I gotta give it to them that there were actually first reports about their plans dating back to 2015, but that won't make me trust this much more at the moment. Maybe it was a serious project in the beginning and after finding out that it is simply not feasable they went on anyway and decided to at least cash in on it. We'll see in a while I guess.

The beyond generous rewards for referring your friends to their webinar are also looking kinda shady. They are either very generous or offering somehting that won't be of any value or simply doesn't exist i.e. you'll never receive.

They are blocking/banning anyone asking about their team etc., but put so much effort into recruiting new webinar participants, making people help them getting press coverage - it is surprising they didn't simply make up a team. Most people don't check their background anyway, presenting a few faces wouldn't be that much of an effort.

As I said before, this sounds too good to be true and at the same time lacks any evidence. Not exactly the kind of combination that makes me wanna invest any money.
hellbender

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:09:54 PM

This thing has scam written all over it. I followed the webinar, complete BS. Shady reference guy appearance talking even more BS.
The telegram channel is a "dont post any questions here" thread. Lance seems to be the one man show running the thing, assume he will bring the satellites into orbit personally. No team introduced whatsoever. Whitepaper talks about a beta in 2017, no follow-up. Furthermore, contrary positions are made. In telegram they state they will have their own ledger, hence they will create a wallet for you. Later on they said, they are preparing the MEW address for the token. On the website the token are on sales for a couple of cents, but you can only purchase through a telegram bot - WTF. You are going to raise millions and you want me to send money to an address given to me by a telegram bot....lol...nice one.

This thing will blow up....put your money into a decent project that thrustworthy.
Jo_Sch

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:58:54 AM

I fully agree!

I have never seen anyone trying so hard to push you into buying their "product" as hard as this guy does.

Buying his coins before it is
-available at a serious trustworthy exchange and
-will go straight to YOUR wallet and
-any actual progress can be seen while
-an actual team and anything else a decent ICO comes with is introduced
would be simply crazy and like burning your money.

So far it is all promises but no results.

Isn't there any place in the US (since this appears to be an US based project) you can report such obvious scams to in order for them to look into it before people burn their life savings based on what seems to good to be true??? I'm not from the US so I don't know.
m4rc3llo

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:58:53 PM

seems to be scam and waste of time...

ConnectX HUB http://www.hot-and-horny.de/connectx/connectx.jpg

esynic Bluetooth speaker http://www.hot-and-horny.de/connectx/esynic.jpg

Grin Grin Grin
Jo_Sch

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:07:55 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 04:19:27 PM by Jo_Sch

Grin

Great - thanks for posting this!!! SO we'll not only get the great hub for free but a bluettoth speaker on top if it? Ain't that awesome!

I guess Lance should watch a webinar on how to properly plan and run a scam, the first lesson would be not to make it too obvious and while everything he promises and the way he tries to push people into promoting his coin and of course, buy them is enough to raise more than one eyebrow, using stolen and mildly modified images from the internet is making it very obvious and should convince the last one in doubt if this is real or not!

By the way, ANY image on the website is also stolen. The first image is a popular wallpaper that can be found on thousands of sites for example.
LanceParkerConnectX (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:38:36 AM

I give the company information in the webinar and we have released our team information at https://connectx.com/team/ .  I have been in technology for 20 years.  Whenever something is new, we expect the negativity but this is a real project and real company.

LanceParkerConnectX (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:46:29 AM

But I am the crazy one and this is a crazy, suspicious project?  Qtum launches a blockchain satellite node:  https://cointelegraph.com/news/qtum-launches-first-ever-blockchain-node-into-space

And Jeff Garzik, who I have known for several years and early developer of bitcoin, has joined: http://spacechain.com/

Please delete your silly comments where you question me and the company.

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: