Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a financial pyramid?  (Read 332 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:04:05 AM

I dont think that bitcoin is a financial pyramid system or something like that. It is a new technology of money. People who belive in blockchain technology they invest their money yes but I dont have alt-members or I dont earn money from them. It is like investing your money on a promising project or company.

I agree. The way it has started and had risen in power and value do not conform with your usual pyramiding scheme. Also, in its decade-long existence, there was no person who had ever claimed that his or her money was scammed from him by an "up-line" member, which is a usual ingredient found in pyramiding scams. Although it employs crowd-funding strategies in its investments, it doesn't follow a pyramid-style business plan  because it's more of a loan-style scheme, where you lend your money to a starting up company, and it uses such money for capital. Also, its rise in value was due to investments.

Damian Banks

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:07:50 AM

“Serious investing consists of buying things because the price is attractive relative to intrinsic value,” he continued. “Speculation, on the other hand, occurs when people buy something without any consideration of its underlying value or the appropriateness of its price.”
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: