Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Monitoring Service - Bitmon.me  (Read 2853 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:26:19 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 09:18:29 PM by Kris

Hi,

Ive created a monitoring service for people mining to keep stats on your miners, and make sure they do not crash or drop to zero hash. Also it lets you change pool almost instantly if you use the bash script or C# application.

What is BitmonMe?

BitmonMe lets you monitor any of your miners, directly on any website! See your hash rate from your miners via our bash script or C# application, keep track of your earned bitcoins from pool's with API, be notified if a miner goes down and lots more!

BitmonMe works as a software as a service that integrates with any website. Just drag the BitmonMe window to your bookmarks bar. Whenever you what to use BitmonMe, just click your BitmonMe button.

This service is free, and running cost is covered by advertising and donations, and probably in the future SMS purchases.

I hope you like it.

BitmonMe

A few screenshots

Overview of GPU's with real-time update from bash script or C# application.

Monthly graphs of miner hashrate updated from bash script or C# application, also graphs of pool hashrate, shares, stales, earnings and so on.

Add pool and be notified by SMS or Email if your hashrate goes to zero

Kind regards
Kris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:20:48 PM

This is pretty cool. Can you tell me how you're allowing the application to control the miners? Given that you are controlling miners remotely and that bitcoin mining is a revenue source I think most people will want to see some sort of license/agreement that ensures their processing isn't going into your pockets.

This app as a service does ensure you get money from advertising but the security issues are concerning. I'm currently writing software that does basically the same thing, minus remote pool control, and it won't be a SaaS app - people can will be able to download the app and run it on their servers. You might want to consider a donation/fee based app that people can run on their own servers with code that can be audited for security.... otherwise how do we know what is going on behind the scenes?

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:29:49 PM

Hi shotgun,

The bash script and C# application uploads the current Hashrate, Accepted, Rejected Shares, and while doing do fetches the pool address it needs to connect your miners, this makes it very easy for you to switch pool for instance if a pool goes down.

Also the bash script and C# application makes sure that your miner is always up and running, for instance the bash script tests if the load is above 95 percentage and temperature is below 85, if receding these thresholds it will stop the miner temporarily, and you will get a notification by email or SMS. after 2 minutes it will restart the miner again.

If you are concerned about miners being "remote controlled", you can always stick to Pool statistics via API token's or simply disable this in the scripts.

But you are right in your concerns, I can only show my honesty by running a great monitor.

You might want to consider a donation/fee based app that people can run on their own servers with code that can be audited for security.... otherwise how do we know what is going on behind the scenes?

I might consider that in the near future. Regarding security audit, you can always purchase my pool script and see how I code. Smiley

Kind regards
Kris
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:57:41 PM

I will be back in like 2 - 3 hours if you have questions, I need some sleep Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:56:14 PM

Any suggestions I should consider to make it even better?

Kind regards
Kris
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 10:31:06 PM

Why does it require the username and pass of the miners?

I only entered API token and stats show nothing at all.

edit: never mind I see what's going on now, unfortunately I am burned out on linux and scripts for the moment.  And I did not have the best of luck using screen.  Maybe later down the road I will dig this up again.  Good word though!
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:52:48 PM

Why does it require the username and pass of the miners?

I only entered API token and stats show nothing at all.

edit: never mind I see what's going on now, unfortunately I am burned out on linux and scripts for the moment.  And I did not have the best of luck using screen.  Maybe later down the road I will dig this up again.  Good word though!

Its for telling your miners where to connect to, Its for easy management of changing pool if a pool goes down. If you change the URL, your miners will after approximately 2 minutes register this and point at the new URL.

Kind regards
Kris
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 06:41:02 PM

Can you tell me where the option is to buy the code? If I were to use this over miningmonitor.com I'd want to run it on my own server.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:46:11 PM

Can you tell me where the option is to buy the code? If I were to use this over miningmonitor.com I'd want to run it on my own server.

You cannot purchase bitmon.me script, I meant gbyte.dk script. Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:34:42 PM

Added backup address: If the first pool goes down, your miners will automatically switch to this pool if you use start_miner or bash script.

Kind regards
Kris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: