Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "TripleMining is a scam..." DiabloD3, can you please prove it?  (Read 6071 times)
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:33:10 PM

DiabloD3, you probably know better than most of us, what is going on, because you the moderator here.
I am a bitcoin noob.
Please prove it so,  I can sleep better and join some other mining pool, pay my 2-10% fees and be happy bitcoin miner.

I have no wish to be a part of a scams.

Thank you.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CubedRoot

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:38:51 PM

Its probably due to the MASSIVE amount of spam you guys have been flooding the forums with.
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:42:10 PM

I hate those stupid banners too. Those make us look like idiots!
But is that the only reason?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:45:23 PM

While it is certainly possible that certain individuals have posted TripleMining advertisements in a spammy way, this is by no means a majority of the TripleMining community.  Calling a legitimate mining pool a scam simply because of a plethora of referral links is patently untrue and misleading.  If the issue is spammy referral links, warn or ban the specific violating individuals.

If referral links in signatures are what is being referred to as 'spam', I would humbly put forward that numerous other pools, sites and groups advertise using their signatures as well.  Either signatures cannot be evidence of spam in general, or it should be site policy that NO ONE can advertise ANYTHING in their signatures.  Since the later policy is not in place, at the present time it appears that any signature advertising a product, service, or site is permissible and thus cannot be considered spam.  

Now that that's cleared up . . . since the owners of Triple Mining are not engaging in Spam and the pool is set up in a fair and transparent way (and hey, I've even received mining payouts!), the arguments that the pool is a scam is without merit.  

Moderators, please remove the sticky comment that falsely claims Triple Mining is a scam, and punish any individual offenders who are posting referrals in inappropriate and unwelcome places.  Thank you.
CubedRoot

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:03:46 PM

This is why everyone is complaining:

Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:06:10 PM

This is the first I've heard of the 'size' of the signature being a problem.  I just grabbed my banner right from the TripleMining site.  If a mod would have approached me saying that my banner was too big, I would have fallen all over myself to reduce its size.  Because I now know that the size of the banner is the problem, I've reduced it down to one-quarter its previous size.  I hope this is acceptable, and I will encourage my peers to do the same.
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:07:29 PM

While it is certainly possible that certain individuals have posted TripleMining advertisements in a spammy way, this is by no means a majority of the TripleMining community.  Calling a legitimate mining pool a scam simply because of a plethora of referral links is patently untrue and misleading.  If the issue is spammy referral links, warn or ban the specific violating individuals.

If referral links in signatures are what is being referred to as 'spam', I would humbly put forward that numerous other pools, sites and groups advertise using their signatures as well.  Either signatures cannot be evidence of spam in general, or it should be site policy that NO ONE can advertise ANYTHING in their signatures.  Since the later policy is not in place, at the present time it appears that any signature advertising a product, service, or site is permissible and thus cannot be considered spam.  

Now that that's cleared up . . . since the owners of Triple Mining are not engaging in Spam and the pool is set up in a fair and transparent way (and hey, I've even received mining payouts!), the arguments that the pool is a scam is without merit.  

Moderators, please remove the sticky comment that falsely claims Triple Mining is a scam, and punish any individual offenders who are posting referrals in inappropriate and unwelcome places.  Thank you.
Referal links in general are extremely annoying and cause a lot of spam. Referal systems invite for spammy behaviour and those who employ these systems know that. It's essentially a way to spam the internet without taking the blame.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:11:09 PM

So you'd rather have 100 different links in people's signatures rather than 100 links to basically the same location?  How is that any less spammy?
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:12:09 PM

I agree that there are way too many threads that are talking about TripleMining (TM) and in the short run, looks spamy. However, MrSam only created two threads, one for the official talk, and one for the controversy.

Oldminer, wolf902 and others have created separate threads of their own accord as a marketing tool to get miners "under" them. Wolf902 has actually made TWO threads, trying to get his mini-pool started.  

These extra threads are pissing people off, coupled with the fact that "triple" mining really doesn't "triple" your income.

But that is how most of the other members of this board see it. In my opinion, they call anything they don't like a scam. But is that really the right word?  Some might argue that it is semantics. Others might not even know the meaning of that word.

I like how Auspician has his signature. It clearly states that TM is a 1% pool.  If you want to mine at a 0% pool, then you won't click the link, and you won't be "scammed." You can go on, having the benefit of mining with a pool, yet not contributing to the pool's infrastructure in any capacity. But that's your choice.

To that end, if there were too many threads on TM already, there are now going to be MORE threads. I can already see two more... Diablo's non-thread sticky, and this thread, reacting to his sticky.  How many more threads on "TripleMining" are there going to be?  Diablo is "fighting" a grease fire with water. It won't put it out, it just spreads it.

And why does he feel the need to "fight" TM?  Where has he been?  Has he actually made a post to any of the TM threads? Why hasn't he locked up pointless threads on TM?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:12:18 PM

Referal links in general are extremely annoying and cause a lot of spam. Referal systems invite for spammy behaviour and those who employ these systems know that. It's essentially a way to spam the internet without taking the blame.

He's saying Neither should exsist. Jackass

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Parja

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:12:59 PM

If TripleMining is a scam, then any pool that charges a 1% fee or greater is at least as much of a scam.

Moderators shouldn't sticky their opinions as if they are fact.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:14:45 PM

If TripleMining is a scam, then any pool that charges a 1% fee or greater is at least as much of a scam.

Notice how the "triple mining is a scam" sticky has been
BAN HAMMERD by Diablo-D3

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
joepie91

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:15:51 PM

I agree that there are way too many threads that are talking about TripleMining (TM) and in the short run, looks spamy. However, MrSam only created two threads, one for the official talk, and one for the controversy.

Oldminer, wolf902 and others have created separate threads of their own accord as a marketing tool to get miners "under" them. Wolf902 has actually made TWO threads, trying to get his mini-pool started. 

These extra threads are pissing people off, coupled with the fact that "triple" mining really doesn't "triple" your income.

But that is how most of the other members of this board see it. In my opinion, they call anything they don't like a scam. But is that really the right word?  Some might argue that it is semantics. Others might not even know the meaning of that word.

I like how Auspician has his signature. It clearly states that TM is a 1% pool.  If you want to mine at a 0% pool, then you won't click the link, and you won't be "scammed." You can go on, having the benefit of mining with a pool, yet not contributing to the pool's infrastructure in any capacity. But that's your choice.

To that end, if there were too many threads on TM already, there are now going to be MORE threads. I can already see two more... Diablo's non-thread sticky, and this thread, reacting to his sticky.  How many more threads on "TripleMining" are there going to be?  Diablo is "fighting" a grease fire with water. It won't put it out, it just spreads it.

And why does he fell the need to "fight" TM?  Where has he been?  Has he actually made a post to any of the TM threads? Why hasn't he locked up pointless threads on TM?
I don't think it's a scam. However, the people who set up TripleMining knew this was going to happen, it's the standard consequence of a referal system. "They didn't make the threads themselves" is not a valid excuse - that's like paying some company to spam blogs with a link to your site, and then saying 'yeah well, *I* didn't spam'.

What?

I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:17:50 PM

+1  

If instead of creating their own minipools the referrers created their own actual pools, you'd have the same result in terms of advertisements.  So what, are you suggesting that no new pools should come into existence and the existing pools should be able to form a private cartel for their own enrichment?

And seriously, cut the attitude.  I'm sick of your derogatory and insulting comments across this board.  
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:18:19 PM

The refferal system for the pool, He's saying that it's adding flood and spam and it shouldn't exsist

"I don't think it's a scam. However, the people who set up TripleMining knew this was going to happen, it's the standard consequence of a referal system. "They didn't make the threads themselves" is not a valid excuse - that's like paying some company to spam blogs with a link to your site, and then saying 'yeah well, *I* didn't spam'."

It's Spam Weather or not you opened the can of spam, Your the ones who brought it home from the store

Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:22:19 PM

So we're defining spam as 'multiple advertisements to the same product/service'?  In that case, just about every major company the world over is a spam junkie.  Seriously, we need a better definition than that.

I propose that we define spam as the posting of advertisements in inappropriate places or in unwelcome ways. 

Advertisements in signatures seem to be an appropriate place.  And reducing the size should remove them from the 'unwelcome' category. 

Seriously, maybe the mods should get together and impose a size limit on images in signatures if that is the problem at hand here.
joepie91

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:23:50 PM

If instead of creating their own minipools the referrers created their own actual pools, you'd have the same result in terms of advertisements.  So what, are you suggesting that no new pools should come into existence and the existing pools should be able to form a private cartel for their own enrichment?

And seriously, cut the attitude.  I'm sick of your derogatory and insulting comments across this board.  
Not sure if that was also a response to my post. Anyhow.

It would absolutely not be the same. 10 threads about 1 pool that everyone has already read about and everyone is already aware of, vs. 10 pools that have their own thread, and all have their own site, their own rules and fees, their own owner, etc. - that's quite a difference. Not to mention the spammy behaviour ('oh, let's post my referal link everywhere I come even if my post doesn't add any value to the thread!') and the wrongly defensive behaviour to rack up their own referal count ('don't you dare say anything bad about them') that we have also seen with the users using the TradeHill referal system.

Basically, referal systems have proven time after time that they make people act like assholes, spamming everywhere. And companies are still using them.

Is it a good marketing strategy in terms of effectiveness? Yes.
Does it make you a spammy asshole if you set up a referal system with incentives like this, even if you don't literally spam yourself? Yes.

EDIT: I have no issues with referal links in signatures. I DO have issues with people combining that 'undercover referal link' in their signature with pointless/dishonest threads or posts, just to make people pay attention to that link in your signature. And I DO have issues with threads that are just made to advertise a referal link.

PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

The refferal system for the pool, He's saying that it's adding flood and spam and it shouldn't exsist

"I don't think it's a scam. However, the people who set up TripleMining knew this was going to happen, it's the standard consequence of a referal system. "They didn't make the threads themselves" is not a valid excuse - that's like paying some company to spam blogs with a link to your site, and then saying 'yeah well, *I* didn't spam'."

It's Spam Weather or not you opened the can of spam, Your the ones who brought it home from the store

I am just biting my tongue, trying not to use red herrings here.  It's fallacies like these that make the situation worse.  Jack, your opinion has merit, to some degree, but your method leaves something to be desired.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
DullJack

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:27:08 PM

The fact that he had a banner in his sig makes triplemining a scam? I will agree is was obnoxiously large but obviously it is allowed by the forum if it was possible for him to use it.

So everyone with a tradehill referral link in their sig is a scammer too? Or is it just referrals for Triplemining that are scams, even your 1% is going to another miner rather than disappearing into some Operator's pocket. The fee system is completely transparent.

All of that aside, I think it is really messed up that a moderator would arbitrarily label MrSam and his mining pool a scam based on the fact that 2 or 3 of its ~200 miners made extra threads in this forum.

Punish the posters, remove/lock the thread, tell the poster to reduce the size of his banner (even though the site allows it), don't slander a respectable, helpful pool-owner in an attempt to destroy his pool just because you are annoyed by a couple of its members..

Before anyone else chimes in, I'm not talking about spam. I'm talking about how Diablo labeled this pool a scam. There is a difference between spam and a scam.

Sticky a thread that says Triplemining spams, sure go ahead, even though it was a tiny percentage of the people mining here.

But sticky a thread that says triplemining is scam, that's bullshit.
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:30:47 PM

Not sure if that was also a response to my post. Anyhow.

No, that was directed to the 'jackass' comment by JackRabiit.

EDIT: I have no issues with referal links in signatures. I DO have issues with people combining that 'undercover referal link' in their signature with pointless/dishonest threads or posts, just to make people pay attention to that link in your signature. And I DO have issues with threads that are just made to advertise a referal link.

I couldn't agree more.  Reasonably sized images/referral links in signatures are not a problem, as long as they don't encourage people to post inane or irrelevant comments just to have their referral image show up.  The spammy behavior is the decision of a few individuals who need to receive warnings to change their behavior or be banned.  It is not the decision of the entire TripleMining community.

As an aside, numerous companies use a referral system that doesn't result in spam.  Paypal is a great example.  The spam results not so much from the system, but from the inappropriate decisions of individual users.  Lets not put the cart before the horse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: