Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "TripleMining is a scam..." DiabloD3, can you please prove it?  (Read 6072 times)
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:30:17 PM

I haven't seen PayPal actively offer people incentives for refering other users... do you have a link to anything about that?

See   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-referrals-mrb-outside

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrSam

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 05:32:16 PM

And what are the plans for the future? How is the operator planning to monetize his pool? I fail to see how a non-profit pool would use an aggressive referal scheme like this.

So it's a scam because its less profitable for the pool owner than the other pools ?

Hmm good point
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:39:59 PM

I haven't seen PayPal actively offer people incentives for refering other users... do you have a link to anything about that?

See   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-referrals-mrb-outside

Then again, their business/marketing model does not exactly revolve around this referal system - whereas that of Tradehill and especially TripleMining does. Which would explain the difference in results.

And what are the plans for the future? How is the operator planning to monetize his pool? I fail to see how a non-profit pool would use an aggressive referal scheme like this.

So it's a scam because its less profitable for the pool owner than the other pools ?

Hmm good point
Did you see me say anywhere "it's a scam because it's less profitable for the owner"? No, so don't claim I am saying that.

I am saying that it doesn't add up. "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is" still works very well as a rule of thumb. So, explain how a pool operator is using aggressive referal schemes when he would not get anything out of it?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:53:54 PM

Is there a chain of command here? Does Diablo not have a superior?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
DullJack

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:59:07 PM

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but I just wanted to throw this out here.

He is using a referral system to give his miners a personal incentive to recruit new miners. The only thing that makes it "aggressive" is the way that a few of the miners went about advertising their link. So in essence, what
MrSam is getting out of the referral system is additional hashing power.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the pool keeps the transaction fees from the block. That is the only $ MrSam would see from all of this, nearly every pool keeps these fees. So more hashing power = more solved blocks = more trans fees...

Does that satisfy you?

I definitely wouldn't consider the extra .002 btc referral bonus I am getting for this block "too good to be true".

Is there a chain of command here? Does Diablo not have a superior?

I don't know but I am going to try to find someone to speak to about that sticky and Diablo's behavior regarding the situation. That is just unacceptable.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:08:03 PM

Saying that someone is stupid to believe that they can actually make up to 3 times more from triplemining is by far the worst arguments on this thread. Why the fuck even call yourself triplemining then? Why not just call yourself mini-pools or something not so damn misleading?

You pretty much are saying "You can't make 3 times as much, that's just the ceiling/You'd be dumb to believe that you can reach that/It's UP TO 3 times..." Then saying that you're not a scam, although the domain name implies that you're going to get triple something and make more than any other pool.

It's like if I went to get internet service from superfuckingfastinternet.com and found out their dial up. How is that not a scam? They're misleading people to believe that they're service is super fast, yet it's the slowest around.

Also, you should feel something is amiss since the triplemining people are the most fan-boyish people on this forum. If someone called BTCmine/deepbit/BTCguild/slush a scam, it'd probably end in a few post because no one needs to defend those pools since they don't need to acquire a mass of peons to mine rewards for them. You guys are acting like a gay person walked into your mega church.
MrSam

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:20:42 PM

The thread my diablo is no longer locked, let's take this over there
kinlo

Activity: 263

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:36:11 PM

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but I just wanted to throw this out here.

He is using a referral system to give his miners a personal incentive to recruit new miners. The only thing that makes it "aggressive" is the way that a few of the miners went about advertising their link. So in essence, what
MrSam is getting out of the referral system is additional hashing power.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the pool keeps the transaction fees from the block. That is the only $ MrSam would see from all of this, nearly every pool keeps these fees. So more hashing power = more solved blocks = more trans fees...

Note that triplemining is indeed keeping the block fees.  It is clearly indicated since day one on the very first page: scroll down to the bottom and read: "Donations and block fees are our only source of income to keep TripleMining going."
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:03:25 PM

I am going to close this topic because most of you are still missing the point.
Please, go outside, enjoy the summer and get a tan.

Cheers!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: