Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14)  (Read 49746 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:05:48 AM

I went in person to the local branch (not ING, BNP Paribas Fortis), same issue, they can't override the transfer block.

actually, let me try this using my ing-diba account.

if they refuse, I will close shop and take my business to fidor bank who actually like bitcoin.

EDIT: initiated transfer (€500) to bitstamp ljubljana account (IBAN: SI56290000170073837, BIC: BACXSI22XXX, Bank:
UNICREDIT BANKA SLOVENIJA D.D. 1000 LJUBLJANA Österreich) with my bank "ing-diba".

EMail Bitstamp: Deposit credited. (no intervention necessary, just went through)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:37:43 PM

thx, updated
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

Initiated deposit Monday, got 3,000 euros into Bitstamp today (Wednesday) afternoon. That's with BRD-GSG (RO).

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:05:15 AM

Thank you. No amount needed, unless you want everyone to know Wink
Michael_S

Activity: 278

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:01:10 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 08:24:02 PM by Michael_S

Also Sparda-BW Bank (Germany) blocks transfers to Bitstamp.

update 21 Aug 2013: This is not correct, see my post #56 for clarification.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:37:02 PM

Chase bank called me over the past 3 transfers i sent to bitstamp. They warned me specifcially about bitcoins when calling. Not sure if i mentioned that here or not in the past.

Until my account was recently closed i was sending 10+ wires a day and never received and verification calls except for bitstamp (and those transfers were not out of the ordinary for me....value wise).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:33:54 PM

Chase bank called me over the past 3 transfers i sent to bitstamp. They warned me specifcially about bitcoins when calling. Not sure if i mentioned that here or not in the past.

Until my account was recently closed i was sending 10+ wires a day and never received and verification calls except for bitstamp (and those transfers were not out of the ordinary for me....value wise).

Wow, that is strange. I guess this is, in part, to be expected when dealing with the established banking system. After all, we are competition to a point, though I don't think huge competition as BTC isn'T about a lending model, which is where banks make their money I think. I think fees from transfers (where BTC will rule) is not a big deal.

The big deal is that the banks will lose control of BEING IN CONTROL of money. The banks are the stranglehold on many things. If you are not in their network (certain countries), you can effectively be blocked out of international exchange - well, it makes it harder anyway.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:30:41 PM

Anyone tested ING from Holland yet? If so, I could, but no results untill Monday, at it's earliest.
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

Anyone tested ING from Holland yet? If so, I could, but no results untill Monday, at it's earliest.

Not tested AFAIK. It'd be great if you could confirm.

@joesmoe2012: CHASE is USA I suppose?

@Michael_S: thank you for the info

updated.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Not tested AFAIK. It'd be great if you could confirm.

@joesmoe2012: CHASE is USA I suppose?

@Michael_S: thank you for the info

updated.

correct

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Michael_S

Activity: 278

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:19:25 PM

@KS and @all:

Update and clarification w.r.t. Sparda BW Bank, Germany: Today I had a phone call with Sparda-Bank, and this is what they told me:
Actually, the reason why they did not execute my transfer was that some time (weeks? months?) ago SOMEBODY initiated a fraudulent transaction from some account of Sparda-Bank towards bitstamp. As a result Sparda-Bank "flagged" the bitstamp destination account for customer protection purposes. They wanted to reconfirm first that it was really me who initated the transfer (and not a fraudster who hacked into my account). I confirmed, and so the transfer will be initiated now!

They said that for future transfers I will have to announce each time e.g. by phone call that I want to do a transfer, so they know it is genuine. But 5 min later the lady called me again and said that after reconfirmation with her boss they now decided to UNFLAG the bitstamp account again, since the fraudulent transaction occurred only once and never again afterwards.

SUMMARY:
1) Sparda-BW-Bank only flagged the bitstamp account as a precaution for customer protection, and not because they generally block transfers to bitstamp.
2) Also, as of today, the account got UNFLAGGED again.

Personally, I believe them, because Sparda generally has the reputation for best customer service, which I can confirm from own experience (as opposed to e.g. Deutsche Bank, who really treated me like crap 10 years ago and made me terminate all my relationships to them - I can really just recommend everyone to stay away from Deutsche Bank as far as possible).

@KS: please update the overview on post #1 - Germany is "clean" again :-)

KS (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:56:20 AM

@KS and @all:

Update and clarification w.r.t. Sparda BW Bank, Germany: Today I had a phone call with Sparda-Bank, and this is what they told me:
Actually, the reason why they did not execute my transfer was that some time (weeks? months?) ago SOMEBODY initiated a fraudulent transaction from some account of Sparda-Bank towards bitstamp. As a result Sparda-Bank "flagged" the bitstamp destination account for customer protection purposes. They wanted to reconfirm first that it was really me who initated the transfer (and not a fraudster who hacked into my account). I confirmed, and so the transfer will be initiated now!

They said that for future transfers I will have to announce each time e.g. by phone call that I want to do a transfer, so they know it is genuine. But 5 min later the lady called me again and said that after reconfirmation with her boss they now decided to UNFLAG the bitstamp account again, since the fraudulent transaction occurred only once and never again afterwards.

SUMMARY:
1) Sparda-BW-Bank only flagged the bitstamp account as a precaution for customer protection, and not because they generally block transfers to bitstamp.
2) Also, as of today, the account got UNFLAGGED again.

Personally, I believe them, because Sparda generally has the reputation for best customer service, which I can confirm from own experience (as opposed to e.g. Deutsche Bank, who really treated me like crap 10 years ago and made me terminate all my relationships to them - I can really just recommend everyone to stay away from Deutsche Bank as far as possible).

@KS: please update the overview on post #1 - Germany is "clean" again :-)

Cool.

Updated.
emisolo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 07:40:54 PM

Bankinter (Spain) is, at the moment, allowing SEPA transfer to Bitstamp. I did it last time onAugust 27th.
emisolo

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 08:56:34 PM

Bankinter (Spain) is, at the moment, allowing SEPA transfer to Bitstamp. I did it last time onAugust 27th.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:33:59 PM

ING from Spain does not allow to send funds to Bitstamp. After trying they always call to tell you it is not possible to send money there Sad
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:37:42 AM

ING from Spain does not allow to send funds to Bitstamp. After trying they always call to tell you it is not possible to send money there Sad

well it is a spanish bank, perhaps they dont have anh money to transfer anywhere jajajjaa  Grin
Haro

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:48:38 AM

Do they give you an "official" reason?
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

Do they give you an "official" reason?

Nothing. Just that you can't send funds to that account.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:53:11 AM

last week I sent a SEPA of 3 digits and it got credited the same day, this week I sent a SEPA deposit of 4 digits and it got credited the same day, I had to open a ticket and ask them to check hourly for my deposit and they did kindly did.

I am located in Slovenia so maybe this is why it worked so fast for me!! otherwise my bank consultant said that for SEPA it doesn't matter from which country in EU you are, they all take almost the same time to get credited.
eircoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:09:05 PM

Hi, I've only seen this thread today. This was happening to me also with a bank from Ireland. Allied Irish Bank.
Again they would let me go into a branch and make the deposit. It was lifted last week and online transfers were re-allowed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: