Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14)  (Read 49736 times)
KS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:06:49 AM

Has anybody so far reported not being able to WITHDRAW funds from Bitstamp?

Yes! Still no wire from Bitstamp. Request date: 12/11 amount: $21k

Is you bank in the "OK list"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:33:42 AM

Has anybody so far reported not being able to WITHDRAW funds from Bitstamp?

Yes! Still no wire from Bitstamp. Request date: 12/11 amount: $21k

What does it say in the "withdrawal" menu? "In process"? "Waiting to be processed"?

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:57:58 PM

they replied to my support ticket (deposted a few honderd euros more than 2 weeks ago) and askedmy to send a bank statement. I did that and now they are looking into it. Hope it will be resolved soon!
cristip23

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:32:12 PM

Hy. 2 weeks ago i sent 4400 euro from by bank ( Ing Bank) thrue Sepa. Money was in BITSTAMP account in 2 days. But from than passed alot of days and i dont have that money on BITSTAMP. I made alot of tickets on site,email but no one from BITSTAMP cant tell me why they dont found my account. SO PEOPLES DONT TRUST THEM. I AM AFRAID I JUST LOOSE 4400 EURO.
KS (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

Hy. 2 weeks ago i sent 4400 euro from by bank ( Ing Bank) thrue Sepa. Money was in BITSTAMP account in 2 days. But from than passed alot of days and i dont have that money on BITSTAMP. I made alot of tickets on site,email but no one from BITSTAMP cant tell me why they dont found my account. SO PEOPLES DONT TRUST THEM. I AM AFRAID I JUST LOOSE 4400 EURO.

That's an issue for the official Bitstamp thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.0

Just out of curiosity, did you specify the correct 'communication' ?
Cred

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:35:09 PM

I sent a 5 figure amount via SEPA from Barclays (UK) after converting to Euros and that was deposited after 4 days.

Upon wiring a second similar amount I got a call from the bank to confirm and after a week of worrying I got a Know Your Customer email from Bitstamp:

We received your deposit transfer and in order to provide a high quality and reliable service when certain volume or frequency thresholds are met further KYC procedure is needed. We also kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your use of our service by answering the following KYC questioner:
1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp?
3. What type of trading will be conducted? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
4. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
5. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
6. What is the origin of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm the origin.

All to be expected but the delay has cost me dearly unless the price drops back, although most will be sold through localbitcoin at a set mark up.
KS (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:44:06 PM

I sent a 5 figure amount via SEPA from Barclays (UK) after converting to Euros and that was deposited after 4 days.

Upon wiring a second similar amount I got a call from the bank to confirm and after a week of worrying I got a Know Your Customer email from Bitstamp:

We received your deposit transfer and in order to provide a high quality and reliable service when certain volume or frequency thresholds are met further KYC procedure is needed. We also kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your use of our service by answering the following KYC questioner:
1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp?
3. What type of trading will be conducted? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
4. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
5. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
6. What is the origin of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm the origin.

All to be expected but the delay has cost me dearly unless the price drops back, although most will be sold through localbitcoin at a set mark up.

This is sth they should add in the FAQ. I had opened a TT with them about it already. Same for company accounts.

Barclays added.

Updated.
de_xt

Activity: 602
Merit: 535

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:48:05 AM

Just for the record, I've used Barclays (ES) many times from Spain with no issues. So it can be added to safe banks list in Spain.

Thanks for the great work!

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
KS (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:04:39 PM

Just for the record, I've used Barclays (ES) many times from Spain with no issues. So it can be added to safe banks list in Spain.

Thanks for the great work!

Thanks!

updated.
ddd1

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:33:38 PM

So if my bank is on the banned list on bitstamp I can't withdraw/deposit any money with SEPA?

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?
theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:58:58 PM

So if my bank is on the banned list on bitstamp I can't withdraw/deposit any money with SEPA?

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?

Maybe btc-e if you go through OKPAY

KS (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:50:44 PM

In short: yes, you're stuck (you can always try to call them or drop by in person at your local branch, see if if changes things).

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?

There are other exchanges like mtgox.com or btc-e.com or alternatives like localbitcoins.com and #bitcoin-otc (IRC channel).

Mtgox is a pain to get your money from though and BTC-E you're not sure it will (always) get there.  Roll Eyes

It's probably a good idea to open an account in another bank anyway. Usually, smaller banks are less picky (YMMV).
xmrk2

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:22:55 PM

There were complaints about Hungarian CIB, but Slovak VUB bank, which belongs to same Intesa Sanpaolo group, sends money to Bitstamp without any problems. So this is only problem of Hungarian branch, not of the whole group.
Also, Slovak mBank and ZUNO (owned by Reiffeisen) and Spanish Deutsche Bank work.
KS (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:19:14 PM

There were complaints about Hungarian CIB, but Slovak VUB bank, which belongs to same Intesa Sanpaolo group, sends money to Bitstamp without any problems. So this is only problem of Hungarian branch, not of the whole group.
Also, Slovak mBank and ZUNO (owned by Reiffeisen) and Spanish Deutsche Bank work.

Thanks.

Updated 2014-01-08
glen442

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:24:39 PM

Deposited 500 Euro from HSBC (UK) via SEPA through personal internet banking. Showed up on Bitstamp 2 working days later (sent late Fri night, arrived Mon evening). no problems (so far...)
skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:00:13 AM

Can't login to the bitstamp.net site.
Window from Incapsula popping up with this message

Your IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my IP address)

Proxy IP 149.126.77.187

Proxy ID 10108

Server IP X.X.X.183

Error Code 20

Error Name TCP Connection Timeout

Error Description The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.

Incident Time 2014-1-25 8:55 UTC

Anyone else the same?

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:13:22 AM

Can't login to the bitstamp.net site.
Window from Incapsula popping up with this message

Your IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my IP address)

Proxy IP 149.126.77.187

Proxy ID 10108

Server IP X.X.X.183

Error Code 20

Error Name TCP Connection Timeout

Error Description The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.

Incident Time 2014-1-25 8:55 UTC

Anyone else the same?

https://twitter.com/Bitstamp
Maintenance from 9 CET to 12 CET.
skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:18:45 AM

aha ty - had not seen that info

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:06:01 PM

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?

Maybe btc-e if you go through OKPAY

Please don't  use OKPAY - see my thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433716.0
js1985

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:07:46 PM

My bank rang saying they wont accept transfer from Bitstamp (which is strange considering they done so without issues dozens of times in past for thousands)

Anyone knows what happens in these cases? money goes back into bitstamp account? how long it takes?

I wonder if Bitstamp support is closed until Monday.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: