Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 44823 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:54:51 PM

Yep, it seems HF has it out for us as a collective group and are really sitting on their hands. At this point, anything would be a bonus so I'd take the refund or the miners. Screw these lawyers (oops, I'm sorry - Attorneys) and their serial future expenses, all expenses should come out of their end game % and that way they can plan and eat accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:01:27 AM

I keep forgetting about this group buy I threw some cash into. Hopefully we just get the refund of our USD now.
Sinewayv

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:05:43 PM

Yep, it seems HF has it out for us as a collective group and are really sitting on their hands. At this point, anything would be a bonus so I'd take the refund or the miners. Screw these lawyers (oops, I'm sorry - Attorneys) and their serial future expenses, all expenses should come out of their end game % and that way they can plan and eat accordingly.

Where is the HashFast head office, can we go and take their window models and a few 100 golden nonce's for all the trouble?  Cool

I keep forgetting about this group buy I threw some cash into. Hopefully we just get the refund of our USD now.

amen brother 
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:50:31 PM

Could be be tricky to make everybody to agree on any additional payments.

I guess at this point I we do not have much choice but try to get USD refund.

Also, I am not sure if there is a question that could be asked in any poll.
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:55:20 PM

lets hurry with the usd refund while btc is on the down swing.
sakuleo

Activity: 324
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:01:33 PM

can ask the minners whith MPP applyed? baby jet whith more ghz (like MPP promissed)
Ferr

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

any news on USD refund?
AstralWonder

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:43:22 PM

Definitely disappointed to see that we'll likely be pursuing a USD refund for less than 10% of what we paid for, rather than going for an lawsuit.

I read over Ray's conditions, and I don't think they're reasonable whatsoever. It's like a replay of HashFast, asking for pre-orders and money before they've done anything:

"You will pay $1,000 up front as a deposit against costs to be incurred, and shall

provide additional deposits upon request to cover reasonably anticipated costs."

It's already difficult enough to collect the first $1000 from shareholders, but leaving the option of asking for more deposits "upon request to cover" costs is simply unreasonable as they're already taking 40% + $1000 + $Arbitrary amount.

I personally had over 21 btc invested in this so I'd still prefer to go the lawyer route - but preferably with a more reasonable lawyer. If not, then I suppose HashFast has successfully scammed us and they're already swimming in Bitcoins by now. I can see why waldo wouldn't want to contribute the $1000 - because this lawyer's demands are simply unreasonable as he leaves the option to ask for any amount more to fund this case.

In my opinion, the best option is to find a better lawyer - a competent and reasonable one this time.
paulej

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 09:23:35 PM

Noting rypedx is taking legal action... wonder what the terms were?

Perhaps wait for a result?
EHG

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:56:19 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 07:07:00 AM by EHG

waldohoover,

I am definitely against paying Ray anything up front or signing such vague agreements that can trap you further than you already are.

Have you attempted to coordinate with other group buy operators? Perhaps a stronger case could be built with more people. Good chance of an attorney with friendlier terms at that point as well.
3rac3

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:46:20 AM

Initially my understanding was that the lawyer will work for the percentage of the the recovered funds. I was assuming that this would give him enough of motivation to fight for our money. Now it seems that it's not the case. I really did not go deeper into the conditions but now I am not so sure that he has enough confidence that he can win this case. Therefore asking for upfront payment.

I myself have more than 30 btc in this venue so it will be heart breaking to go for USD refund but at this time I would say better something than nothing.
paulej

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:18:16 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 03:39:45 PM by paulej

Initially my understanding was that the lawyer will work for the percentage of the the recovered funds. I was assuming that this would give him enough of motivation to fight for our money. Now it seems that it's not the case. I really did not go deeper into the conditions but now I am not so sure that he has enough confidence that he can win this case. Therefore asking for upfront payment.

I myself have more than 30 btc in this venue so it will be heart breaking to go for USD refund but at this time I would say better something than nothing.

You can always get US dollars. The question I have is whether one can get a BTC refund. What HashFast said on this site may not be in the sales agreement. If the sales agreement does not "guarantee you will not lose you BTC" or that refunds will be in BTC (both claims made by HashFast on this site), then there may not be a case. I have no idea what the law would say in the case. The sales agreement would normally be the only agreement, but we know other claims were made.

It would be interesting to see how the other cases go. If somebody wins, then it would make it easier to demand BTC.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

waldo,

can we get an update to how you are proceeding. Are you paying the $1000 yourself, or has one or 2 people of the group offered.

If not, have you tried to get a $$$ refund or any refund from Hashfast.

To be honest you took on the role of Group Buy Leader, you now need to be a leader and get the best from your investors / partners in this.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:35:30 PM

I`m aware this is closed, but whats your status on this?

Rea

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:21:43 PM

Yeah im up for the USD refund at this point as well.
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:36:05 AM

well at this stage , I'm also in favor of a USD refund
3rac3

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:22:37 AM

You can always get US dollars. The question I have is whether one can get a BTC refund. What HashFast said on this site may not be in the sales agreement. If the sales agreement does not "guarantee you will not lose you BTC" or that refunds will be in BTC (both claims made by HashFast on this site), then there may not be a case. I have no idea what the law would say in the case. The sales agreement would normally be the only agreement, but we know other claims were made.

It would be interesting to see how the other cases go. If somebody wins, then it would make it easier to demand BTC.

I have stopped following the main thread. Does anybody have any news on other cases. Any success stories of BTC refunds?
paulej

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 02:01:17 PM

I have stopped following the main thread. Does anybody have any news on other cases. Any success stories of BTC refunds?

I don't think there is a result, yet. Legal processes take time.
Batshark

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

I'm definately NOT up for a USD refund. What is wrong with you people?

As a matter of fact, if you are "IN" for a USD refund, why dont you send me $50 bucks now and I'll send you $5 bucks next week.

Did you know california just passed a law making BTC legal currency?

Did you know hashfast is in california?

Did you know waldo is supposedly in california?

Since you all enjoy losing money so much, just send me any money you dont mind losing.

Waldo, you arent getting anywhere with this. Why do you like fucking us all so much? It doesnt seem to bother you one bit. Oh thats right your the only one making any sort of money here.

Pretty sad thread this is. Bunch of people bending over taking it up the butt. Willingly. Ugh.
paulej

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:44:57 PM

I'm definately NOT up for a USD refund. What is wrong with you people?

As a matter of fact, if you are "IN" for a USD refund, why dont you send me $50 bucks now and I'll send you $5 bucks next week.

Did you know california just passed a law making BTC legal currency?

Did you know hashfast is in california?

Did you know waldo is supposedly in california?

Since you all enjoy losing money so much, just send me any money you dont mind losing.

Waldo, you arent getting anywhere with this. Why do you like fucking us all so much? It doesnt seem to bother you one bit. Oh thats right your the only one making any sort of money here.

Pretty sad thread this is. Bunch of people bending over taking it up the butt. Willingly. Ugh.

Oh, come now.  I don't hardly think you're being fair to everyone.

Bottom line is this:
  • HashFast failed to deliver then tried to force a USD refund, so everyone is unhappy
  • A decision was made to look for an attorney, so waldohoover talked to one others are using (as I understand)
  • The attorney wants money upfront, with apparently no limit on how much he can request upfront
  • So, some people asked for USD refunds... and not everyone is happy with that
  • You can please some of the people some of the time...

I'd suggest waiting. I'd continue to demand BTC refunds from HashFast (since they said openly that they would guarantee people would not lose their BTC).  At such time as HashFast absolutely refuses to provide a BTC refund, going so far as to say "we will not provide a BTC refund", then decide what to do.  Perhaps more will be known about the other lawsuits.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: