Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter's with Mutitpool, hashcows or middlecoin?  (Read 2452 times)
mafia (OP)

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:55:27 AM

I understand the usb Block erupters can only mine certain coins so I am wondering if it is possible to mine on Mutitpool, hashcows or middlecoin using a USB block erupter?

i have tried google and search but I can not find much on this

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:48:19 AM

You can mine any SHA256 coin.
mafia (OP)

Activity: 641

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:45:51 PM

Can you choose which coins you want to mine on Mutitpool, hashcows or middlecoin?
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:18:00 PM

You can choose on Multipool only, either TRC or ZET for SHA256. The rest are scrypt only, no BE's will work.
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:31:22 PM

bitcoin
namecoin, i0coin, groupcoin, ixcoin (merge mined @ http://mmpool.bitparking.com/pool)
freicoin
ppcoin
bytecoin (merged mining in the works)

recently:

zetacoin (the only "our asics have to ROI now!!!" coin that succeeded by making everyone's ASICs ROI)
tigercoin (tried to make ASICs ROI even more but hasn't succeeded yet, worthless on coinex)
tekcoin (again, but the dev gives zero fucks and it looks oh so very dead, might never go to any exchange)
Ocoin (will probably go to exchange one point, might be as "profitable" as tigercoin though)
ASICcoin (doesn't even conceal the fact that it wants ASICs to ROI even more - probably for ASIC people that are sad they missed the zetacoin train. however, everyone smelled the bacon and it's been rather worthless until now on coinex)

-> summary: it looks like people won't want to feed recent asic owners any more free money than they did with zetacoin, so you might as well just go with the bitcoin pool that gives you the smallest stalerate while merge-mining as many coins as possible and revel in the fact that your asics most likely will never ROI. At least that way you'll get the most out of them.

Going on hashcows etc. is probably not really worth it, as ASICs 1000000 times bigger than your erupters swoop down on any of these coins once they are more profitable than BTC on coinchoose for a split second and rape it beyond saving.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: