Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My biggest mistake(s) so far  (Read 501 times)
kingasterisk

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:18:31 PM

While trading unless you're incredibly organized and keep it tidy, i think the worst thing about is that you will rarely value the good decisions you made while the bad ones eat you up, and if you let this behavior continue, you might eventually even start blaming yourself for not being a fucking time traveler and predicting all them pumps and dumps xD
Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 04:29:09 PM

When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it.
I also did so many mistake. Don't worry. let's Learn form is and Earn.
My biggest mistake is Linda. i was brought it at 0.00000001 and sold it at 0.00000002. Today Linda goes to 0.00000058.  Undecided Undecided Undecided

cryptopusa

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:34:02 PM

Dont be so pitty mate,mistakes are experience and we all make mistakes,theres no one perfect in this world.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
cherry yu

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:34:57 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I know everybody makes mistakes and we should learn from them that's the most important thing but reading what I just typed makes me a little sick and I can't find peace of mind at the moment. All of this money gone just because of my buy order that was 2(!) satoshi's too low, auch how unlucky and stupid that I bought back so much, so high. Hmm can't forgive myself.
there is no perfect in the world, even though the most intelligent ones are sometimes mistaken, how much more us that are newly and still leaning. so dont think too much of your lost time will come you can gain it back.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:30:39 PM

One of the many mistakes I made was in the same scenario - buying while the coin is on the high.

It was on the first BTC vs BCH iteration wherein BCH skyrocketed from $300 to $2.8K in just 2 days. I bought at around $1.8K (buying on a FOMO) but forgot to put a sell order. My gf asked me to help her buy some shoes from the mall. This trip took half of the day wherein BCH hits the $2.8K mark (at 12nn) then down to around $1.2K mark when I finally got home. My emotions went on a rollercoaster that day. BCH never came back to the $1.8K mark until the first week of December.

It was the second try I have made trading and lost a lot of satoshis then. Lessons I learned were:

1. Do not trade when there are real-life commitments to do.
2. FOMO is bad when no sell order is in place (got too greedy). Got burned twice to it (the other one was ICON).

Still, at the end of my four months, I have been on crypto I was able to grow my portfolio by around 600% already (most of it due to ETH tripling in value).
There are a lot of investment lesson I learned and I think we should be tested by fire to be stronger next time. (must resist FOMO and buy only on corrections to minimize losses)

AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

Purely to avoid this situation i am not doing intra day trade

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:39:58 PM

I have 2 big mistakes in cryptoworld,

1. selling sumokoin when the price is around 2.5 dollars
2. selling storm and sugar tokens around 0.1 eth for each, now they are above the moon.

But these things can happen, so this is what elder people says " learning."

Other than those sometimes i win some lose some from the daytrading, but i dont name them as mistakes.

Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:41:54 PM

you cant always get the maximum profit available, it's just not possible. you are doing good then you are making profit and you indeed made a great profit so just move on
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:50:51 PM

Yea everyone make some mistake, so from mistake we know what should we do and got exprience. Exprience is expensive, let it go and make some profit again ahaha
pearlsome

Activity: 238

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:56:13 PM

You have achieved good success in such a short time. You were pressured by your brother. For a good trade there must be a cold mind. And one more tip. If you bought a coin and do not know anything about it, before you sell it at a low rate, study the project itself. Perhaps in a month there will be news, or they will release an update, or they have meetings with influential people. Then you will be sure that the price will rise before the news, even if it is now below the ground.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Mokter

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:06:05 PM

My Biggest mistake so far that,Before about 3 month ago I bought some Ripple (XRP),the worth of $4000 when its price was around 0.20 to 0.25.But now its price 2.48 at this time ,although it has increased above $3 recently. After buying one month i have sold all of my  Ripple if i could hold till now then i could make a huge profit.
lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:26:31 PM

Last week i sold all my electroneum and it rise suddenly after i sold them. I wish i could hold them just a day more so I could got more profit. Anyway i still think to buy some because electroneum prize is not that much high now. I hope i can earn more than i lose :/
billswk

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:48:46 PM

You got out of it with a 500% ROI, that's fantastic!
Just try to see where you got it wrong and don't do it again, the future tends to be better (or maybe not, lol).
Thanks for sharing your experience.
LukaIII

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:27:21 PM

bigest mistake? not buying this at ico price: https://www.viberate.io/
cryptomaniac123

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

Dude I wish my mistakes in Crypto were so small, If this is the mistakes you learn from you are way ahead of the game. I made manu huge ones that cost me alot more money then you are talking about.
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:51:18 PM

I made similar mistake but I have learnt that I don't need to beat myself over mistakes rather I will just accept and learn from it. I would be holding my small sachet of tron till it moons again then I would sell part to diversify.

Just don't beat yourself

https://cryptotvplus.com
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:14:16 PM

The first three or four months on the crypto market were some disappointments. I do not even want to remember them. Big pay and then again a big loss. I even began to think that this is some kind of gambling. But then I read the forum, different news, articles of clever people and began to make fewer mistakes.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 09:33:59 PM

hi  props to you for comming out and talking about the mistakes you made.

i think everybody has e story the same way as yours. but we all learn from our mistakes. in my case daytrading is not my thing so i stopped doing it :-) i'm just looking at projects now and doing the long term hodl

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:36:04 PM

You dont need to beat up yourself with your regrets,nothing will change if you do that,just try to improve yourself to be better.

engin978

Activity: 140

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:48:59 PM

I think this mistake is done by most of us!!!!
Dont fall in love with coins....
when you see profit,sell...
if you think that it can moon,sell half,keep half, you will loose from your profit,not from capital...
Buy some other coin...again start...
it seems easy but all of us know that it doesnt work like that!!!!
Never look behind,dont compare yours with others!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: