Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Database of stolen coin addresses  (Read 102 times)
coininvestor (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:32:36 PM

I would like to start a database of addresses of crypto thieves.  If you know the address of the thief who stole your coins post the address here.  If we can get these addresses in a convenient format then maybe exchanges and other users can refuse to accept those stolen coins.  Maybe even something can be coded into the wallet to taint those coins from being spent.  As of yet it seems that no serious effort is being taken to prevent robberies.  Maybe anti maleware in the crypto wallet.  Who knows.  But thievery is an out of control industry right now and not just in Cyrpto.  There is a need for an equal and opposite industry to form.

I will start with this address that stole 113,026 ARDR off my computer with a key logger to get my passphrase.  ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

The cryptocurrency address could be generated very randomly, which means the thief can generate a lot of addresses to transfer the money, and the old address is just dumped and will be never used again. Unless, you are using some coins are not totally decentralized, which is more easy to track the trace.

coininvestor (OP)

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:03:27 PM

The cryptocurrency address could be generated very randomly, which means the thief can generate a lot of addresses to transfer the money, and the old address is just dumped and will be never used again. Unless, you are using some coins are not totally decentralized, which is more easy to track the trace.

The coins that were stolen from me are still in this address.  ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF   If they move I will follow them.  They are colored.  That means they are stolen.  I have alerted every exchange that trades ARDR.  Also I will not be using ARDR any more.  That is the saddest part as I really had high hopes for this coin, but I am not going to pay network fees that support's criminals who steal other people's coins.  Beyond that, I don't know what else to do. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: