Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:06:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution  (Read 71533 times)
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 130
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:00:49 PM

The hash rate is self-reported, meaning some miners tried to report a fake hashrate to the pool.This does not affect the mining or how the reward as split, it's just a number we show for convenience.
If you check the largest miner at this moment, he has 7831 hashrate and 19.39% of the total historic shares. This would translate in the total of 40.386 H/s or 40KH/s. This would be the real hash rate at the moment, which hasn't changed much since yesterday. The average hashrate for each miner is 99H/s atm.

There is no way for the pool to know your hashrate for real, unless you report it to the pool. But you can always check your shares and compare.
Keep in mind that hashrate is never counted in shares split, funds allocation or anything. The shares matter and the shares are given just for real, verified  and sent work.

Hi, Thanks for the response... i don't understand how 40.386 H/s is the same as 40KH/s, but if you are saying the average miner is 99H/s then that equates to my hardware, which is great.
In the end, the absolute numbers are irreleveant, we just need to know we are getting a "fair" chance.

I have to say thou, having to drop the wallet folder into "c:\" is a huge "no no" for just about every windows user i know, virtually no miner will let a wallet / miner run from there, so i guess that needs fixing soonish...

Is there any chance the miner can allow say the option to use more cores / threads without having to open multiple instances? Increase / decrease intensity?
Looking at my usage graphs it looks like there could be a lot more to come from the mining side...with 4 instances i'd say it's still only hitting 75% across 16 threads, mostly when i cpu mine all cores are pegged at 100%.

Normally, 1KH/s means 1000 H/s . The K (Kilo) comes from the metric system and means 1000. And yes, the average is 99H/s per miner.

The C:\ requirement is mostly a php requirement. However, You can use dan's version which is based on java. It doesn't require the miner to be in c:\ anymore and should have a 10-20% speed improvement over the POC miner. This miner also allows the use of more cores in a single instance.
For the wallet, you can use the GUI Wallet, it comes with an installer and should help you get everything setup.

If you can provide your current address, i can check your pool's shares and any payments that are due to you.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

The hash rate is self-reported, meaning some miners tried to report a fake hashrate to the pool.This does not affect the mining or how the reward as split, it's just a number we show for convenience.
If you check the largest miner at this moment, he has 7831 hashrate and 19.39% of the total historic shares. This would translate in the total of 40.386 H/s or 40KH/s. This would be the real hash rate at the moment, which hasn't changed much since yesterday. The average hashrate for each miner is 99H/s atm.

There is no way for the pool to know your hashrate for real, unless you report it to the pool. But you can always check your shares and compare.
Keep in mind that hashrate is never counted in shares split, funds allocation or anything. The shares matter and the shares are given just for real, verified  and sent work.

Hi, Thanks for the response... i don't understand how 40.386 H/s is the same as 40KH/s, but if you are saying the average miner is 99H/s then that equates to my hardware, which is great.
In the end, the absolute numbers are irreleveant, we just need to know we are getting a "fair" chance.

I have to say thou, having to drop the wallet folder into "c:\" is a huge "no no" for just about every windows user i know, virtually no miner will let a wallet / miner run from there, so i guess that needs fixing soonish...

Is there any chance the miner can allow say the option to use more cores / threads without having to open multiple instances? Increase / decrease intensity?
Looking at my usage graphs it looks like there could be a lot more to come from the mining side...with 4 instances i'd say it's still only hitting 75% across 16 threads, mostly when i cpu mine all cores are pegged at 100%.

Normally, 1KH/s means 1000 H/s . The K (Kilo) comes from the metric system and means 1000. And yes, the average is 99H/s per miner.

The C:\ requirement is mostly a php requirement. However, You can use dan's version which is based on java. It doesn't require the miner to be in c:\ anymore and should have a 10-20% speed improvement over the POC miner. This miner also allows the use of more cores in a single instance.
For the wallet, you can use the GUI Wallet, it comes with an installer and should help you get everything setup.

If you can provide your current address, i can check your pool's shares and any payments that are due to you.

Thankyou

I have to say i know zero about php, do i need to install something? I have a default Win 10 Home install.
I have messed with the miner.php file and i am getting much better utilisation, now between 110 h/s and 130h/s (still have to have 2 instances not 1), i have also found where my "pending payments are", i was expecting them to be on the "dashboard" , my mistake. Also the page doesn't refresh on my system , and when i hit F5 i have to paste my address in each time, so now i know all that, i can see "zero" balance, but around 11 pending payments on the payments screen. I seem to be getting quite a few "the nonce did not confirm" not sure what that means. Moving forward thou i think Smiley
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:10:46 PM

Thankyou

I have to say i know zero about php, do i need to install something? I have a default Win 10 Home install.
I have messed with the miner.php file and i am getting much better utilisation, now between 110 h/s and 130h/s (still have to have 2 instances not 1), i have also found where my "pending payments are", i was expecting them to be on the "dashboard" , my mistake. Also the page doesn't refresh on my system , and when i hit F5 i have to paste my address in each time, so now i know all that, i can see "zero" balance, but around 11 pending payments on the payments screen. I seem to be getting quite a few "the nonce did not confirm" not sure what that means. Moving forward thou i think Smiley

Just the openssl binaries.
If you've modified the argon parameters, your nonces will be rejected by the network.
There's no auto-refresh on the pool in order to reduce the resource usage.

Do you get any confirmed nonces?
Olegcho

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:27:30 PM

Hello
Is there a way to reduce the share difficulty in the official pool?
minerja

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:39:00 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 07:10:08 PM by minerja

Thankyou

If you've modified the argon parameters, your nonces will be rejected by the network.

Had no confirmed nonces in last 4 hours

Min DL: 50000
--> Submitting nonce DTNPCbDRuHUOgURocBuY6n4emwgJ3OMbfaZmR8hPI / $Ylc2YlUwaVBoZEJ5dVdOUg$tfZiitX6VkLr8CPp8tEmotLTeYf3CLrnqqcMVJaiYPo
--> The nonce did not confirm.

In fact i dont think i've ever had a nonce confirmed since day 1...are there some ports that need checking?
Like i say, i'll stick with it, but it's not the most intuitive coin to mine...i'm more worried about the "fairness" of it all....looking at the payouts, when peeps have already earned 10k-100K coins, and in 5 hours i'm earning 11, not sure it's as "cpu only" as i was hoping...i've now thrown 4 PC's at it, and have not had 1 confirm, so i think something is very wrong....

cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:06:49 PM

Thankyou

Had no confirmed nonces in last 4 hours

Min DL: 50000
--> Submitting nonce DTNPCbDRuHUOgURocBuY6n4emwgJ3OMbfaZmR8hPI / $Ylc2YlUwaVBoZEJ5dVdOUg$tfZiitX6VkLr8CPp8tEmotLTeYf3CLrnqqcMVJaiYPo
--> The nonce did not confirm.

In fact i dont think i've ever had a nonce confirmed since day 1...are there some ports that need checking?
Like i say, i'll stick with it, but it's not the most intuitive coin to mine...i'm more worried about the "fairness" of it all....looking at the payouts, when peeps have already earned 10k-100K coins, and in 5 hours i'm earning 11, not sure it's as "cpu only" as i was hoping...i've now thrown 4 PC's at it, and have not had 1 confirm, so i think something is very wrong....

The dev already explained, your nonces aren't confirming because you edited the miner php file. I'm guessing you tried to mess with the "threads" variable, it doesn't mean what you think it means. Changing it will show a different hashrate but it won't allow you to confirm any nonces. It is a hardcoded part of the argon2i algo.
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:07:40 PM

If you're not getting the nonces confirmed, i'd assume they are related to the modifications you did to the miner. Especially if you've changed the argon parameters, all your nonces would get rejected. Modifying the miner and then complaining you're not getting shares isn't quire fair...

As of fairness, there are miners that have started 2 weeks ago to mine, it's normal that they have earned more. 505 miners are able to mine without any problems, and help has been offered to anyone over discord.

At the current pool hashrate, your 100H/s should translate in around 400-600 coins per day.
ultramen

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:09:41 PM

This project built from scratch, so be patient until everythings is working well.

lot of stuff still beta atm. btw WTB 10k ARO = 1 LTC PM  Grin
rudytest2017

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:59:55 PM

it is nice to know the first PHP based coin and could be mined by CPU only. Will mine and hold!
minerja

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:48:03 PM

If you're not getting the nonces confirmed, i'd assume they are related to the modifications you did to the miner. Especially if you've changed the argon parameters, all your nonces would get rejected. Modifying the miner and then complaining you're not getting shares isn't quire fair...

As of fairness, there are miners that have started 2 weeks ago to mine, it's normal that they have earned more. 505 miners are able to mine without any problems, and help has been offered to anyone over discord.

At the current pool hashrate, your 100H/s should translate in around 400-600 coins per day.

As soon as you mentioned modifying the miner may not work i reverted back to you original settings.
I mined for about 40 mins with various mods.
So in total i have mined 8 hours today for 11 coins...i have also mined over the last 2 weeks and not had 1 vaild share....since we last spoke over 2 hours ago i have not had 1 confirmed share....so where do we start with the trouble shooting?

I am happy to start with a fresh Win 10 install nad be talked thru anything i need to do, but you can see why i am asking the questions...i have followed all instructions on the pool and on here to no avail.
I generally stay away from discord channels, i tend to find any coin which does stand on its own with just the ann and website generally doesn't fare too well in the long run, discord channels and usually associated with scams....or unfinished projects....i don't believe this is the former, but does appear to be "slightly experimental" which is no bad thing Smiley I am surprised at the no confirms thou, i'm thinking it might be my comodo antivirus perhaps....like i say i'll bulld a clean install, no firewall, no av and try again tomorrow, i'm sure it will be something simple
Looking forward to cracking this, cos i have about 50 servers sat here ready to mine this coin
J
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:03:15 PM

Please provide your mining address.
minerja

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:05:01 PM

This project built from scratch, so be patient until everythings is working well.

lot of stuff still beta atm. btw WTB 10k ARO = 1 LTC PM  Grin

I feel i am being quite patient, i appreciate its a new -ish algo ( i already mine 1 argon2i and 2 agron2d coins easily) but i dont understand php at all. My frustration is simply at the fact i  have just a standard win 10 install, and seem to be getting no confirms....and i dont understand why. The hash rate is a seperate problem, clearly there is either a better piece of mining software, or a few mining farms to hit such high hash rates. Can't argue against the farms, thats life, but if you spend any time on bitcointalk usually when there is such a disparity it comes out pretty soon that the dev team is using better tech....only reason i am still here, is because in this case i think the dev seems pretty straight forward, and helpful. I am a little jaded, but when every 8 out of 10 new coins on here is either dodgy  or someone grabbing yet another old coin and "fixing" it, it does get a bit hard to see the wood for the trees.

Also seems slightly niave, if the algo and its parameters are not clearly defined, and as in this case the mining code is in easy to get to text, then most miners will "tweak", normally you can't tweak things that will basically break the miner thou, but when you see thing like "memory_limit","5G", and its only set to 5G and i'm on a 128G PC, and ('memory_cost' => 16384, "time_cost"=>4, "threads"=>4) of course i'm going to tweak, who wouldn't. It's only like overclocking. Shouldn't have to go into the code to make it use more than 4 threads,  but it'll come together...
minerja

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:05:24 PM

2nZ2W2dhTtr7bLtpD4UGyERH1KtbfuKieoHeABjCxPyVipFC9S5ighP2rzM5wEvnjN8PzEtzjut7UAx NTHfVY9kg
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:52:34 PM

2nZ2W2dhTtr7bLtpD4UGyERH1KtbfuKieoHeABjCxPyVipFC9S5ighP2rzM5wEvnjN8PzEtzjut7UAx NTHfVY9kg

As far as i can see, your hashrate is 38 and on a single instance.

You have 17.57 coins earned in total. Considering this, and the fact that there are some shares in the pool, the mining seems to work fine, now.
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:26:17 PM

You have 17.57 coins earned in total. Considering this, and the fact that there are some shares in the pool, the mining seems to work fine, now.

Hey dev,

I guess my miner is running on adress:
Tp2ow3iWTdiifGZX1XczrT5cvrXpgMBqcvkmXVXsLzh6EycFYKNSNx8MumjUYVtTtZzW2DBTenUFFnk 4svj45yA

Only there is a but, i see:
MIN DL: 50000
--> Hash rate: (my hashspeeD)
--> Updating mining info

And again MIN DL etc etc, shouldn't i get a CONFIRM or ACCEPTED message when i get a share?
I dont know if i'm mining now, and if i get shares. On the aropool beta site i cant find my adress (mining since approx 5-10 minutes now)

Edit: i closed the miner and started again, now i get 1 share in a few seconds, after that (again like 10 minutes) nothing.
I guess i dont need to restart the miner every few seconds to get a share? xd

Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

Hey dev,

Tp2ow3iWTdiifGZX1XczrT5cvrXpgMBqcvkmXVXsLzh6EycFYKNSNx8MumjUYVtTtZzW2DBTenUFFnk 4svj45yA

--> Updating mining info

And again MIN DL etc etc, shouldn't i get a CONFIRM or ACCEPTED message when i get a share?
I dont know if i'm mining now, and if i get shares. On the aropool beta site i cant find my adress (mining since approx 5-10 minutes now)

Edit: i closed the miner and started again, now i get 1 share in a few seconds, after that (again like 10 minutes) nothing.

Just gotta let it run and be patient. Remember that your total hashrate isn't huge, and the network is growing.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
Alterberg

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:00:09 AM

hi dev however I study whitepaper before investing. By the way, what softcap?
alexwolf011

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Miner, Trader

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:14:35 AM

I'm keeping my eye on this one, I can't remember the last time I saw a coin release built from scratch that wasn't a cryptonote/bitcoin fork or just another ethereum token. Plus no premine and CPU-only algo? You've got my attention.

Haha, yeah. "CPU only" coin is a far-away thing.

Hope this algo be a real "CPU only". Many "CPU only" coins can be mined by GPU now. 

QUANTUM 1NET • QUANTUM HACKING IS COMING. ARE YOU READY? • QUANTUM 1NET  (https://quantum1net.com/)
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:32:14 AM

I'm keeping my eye on this one, I can't remember the last time I saw a coin release built from scratch that wasn't a cryptonote/bitcoin fork or just another ethereum token. Plus no premine and CPU-only algo? You've got my attention.

Haha, yeah. "CPU only" coin is a far-away thing.

Hope this algo be a real "CPU only". Many "CPU only" coins can be mined by GPU now.  

Not really, the coin can be mined by a GPU but it's so slow that it's not worth it. There are other algos besides argon2 that are like this (yescrypt, yescryptr16). So yes, you can mine it will a GPU but it would be a waste of electricity. After several years no one has successfully created a GPU miner for argon2 that is worth using.
alexwolf011

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Miner, Trader

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:31:40 AM

Hey dev,

--> Updating mining info

Just gotta let it run and be patient. Remember that your total hashrate isn't huge, and the network is growing.

I met the same thing. I cant find my address in the pool website...

Thus, I am not sure that everything is okay.

When did you find your address in the pool website? After 1-day mining?

QUANTUM 1NET • QUANTUM HACKING IS COMING. ARE YOU READY? • QUANTUM 1NET  (https://quantum1net.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: