Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:32:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution  (Read 71533 times)
OvErLoDe1

Activity: 230
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:49:52 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 05:00:22 PM by OvErLoDe1

Thanks for all.
All is ok now.
Just last question..
It's better pool or solo mining?

Due to the difficulty now and a number of high h/s miners, solo mining probably isn't a viable option. All being said, consideration has to be taken into account that you won't be running multi GPU setups and cost/wattage is negligable.

Also with ARO's block reward system, mining in the pool can earn you 390 ARO if you actually "win" the block. (Originally starting at 400 ARO block reward, this decreases after every 10800 blocks solved, it is currently at 390.)

While not impossible to solo mine (after all, a 1 .5 h/s miner hit a block pool mining) it is probably more beneficial in the long run to pool mine.

I would advise though if you are considering solo mining, there is a guide for setting up your own node over on the ARO forum - https://forum.arionum.com/

Good luck Smiley

DERO
(https://dero-node-overlode.mysrv.cloud/dero-mining-pool)
DERO Community Pools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:11:42 PM

Very interesting Arionum coin, i like the transparency and especially no premine, i hope, this new cryptocurrency can compete and show positive results, i think it will be good if you plan gpu mining in the future, i wiill keep an eye on this.

The whole concept of mining ARO was to be CPU only and whilst guli did some really excellent work developing a GPU miner we decided to hold a vote between the ARO mining community and what they essentially wanted.

It was pretty unanimous that GPU mining was not wanted and this also reinforced our original concept that ARO would only be a CPU only mine-able coin. As such a hard fork took place at block 10800 and updated algo's meant that ARO is now GPU resistant. You can still use a GPU using guli's miner, however you are likely to get less hashing power than an average CPU. ( A recent test carried out using several different models of Nvidia card, namely GTX 1050, 1070 and 1080Ti confirmed that hashes per second were less than 1.5 in all cases).

I hope this clears up any confusion.

DERO
DERO Community Pools
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

The fact of being done in PHP characterizes Aronium as a new fact and of easy adoption, including, people can participate in the programming world and understand that Aronium would be a real motivation, since mining by CPU guarantees some coins, besides being able to be used as currency! I hope there are more applications for ARO and with that, its value will be higher. Smiley

What exactly does it being done in PHP mean?  I'm kinda confused about what's difference between this project and other currencies that exist?  If you are able to enlighten me, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

The fact of being done in PHP characterizes Aronium as a new fact and of easy adoption, including, people can participate in the programming world and understand that Aronium would be a real motivation, since mining by CPU guarantees some coins, besides being able to be used as currency! I hope there are more applications for ARO and with that, its value will be higher. Smiley

What exactly does it being done in PHP mean?  I'm kinda confused about what's difference between this project and other currencies that exist?  If you are able to enlighten me, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

The reference was to the miner software that is used, we have 3 different miners, PHP, Python and Java, all of which have source code available on the Github. Generally speaking keeping things open and not packaged in locked executable files means even more transparency from our side. We realise that other miners available also have code to look through but simplicity and effectiveness are key to transparency too.

If you would like more information on the programming side of things, as this is not my area, feel free to join our discord and talk to our community - https://arionum.info/discord/

DERO
DERO Community Pools
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:43:54 PM

The reference was to the miner software that is used, we have 3 different miners, PHP, Python and Java, all of which have source code available on the Github. Generally speaking keeping things open and not packaged in locked executable files means even more transparency from our side. We realise that other miners available also have code to look through but simplicity and effectiveness are key to transparency too.

If you would like more information on the programming side of things, as this is not my area, feel free to join our discord and talk to our community - https://arionum.info/discord/

ahh i see.  Thanks a lot for the response mate, I took your advice and joined your discord, hopefully you'll be kind enough to answer some of my questions in there as well!  I dig deep sometimes, lol.
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

ahh i see.  Thanks a lot for the response mate, I took your advice and joined your discord, hopefully you'll be kind enough to answer some of my questions in there as well!  I dig deep sometimes, lol.

Of course, anytime Smiley

DERO
DERO Community Pools
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Are you a Twitter user? Do you like the sound of winning some cold hard ARO?

Ok, go here - https://twitter.com/ArionumCrypto/status/963476938210906113 retweet and tag 2 people for your chance to win 200 ARO

While you are there, check the other areas of the ARO Twitter site.

Good luck!

Smiley

DERO
DERO Community Pools
freinos13

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:57:14 PM

Hello all,

As I am mining, sometimes the value "pending" decreases in the historic shares table (I have not received any payment yet as I have mined less than 10 aro).
It seems counter intuitive, how can this be possible?

Thanks
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:58:04 PM

Looks like ARO becomes a new "botnet controlled coin" like Monero. 65% of network are controls by three whales/botnets/cloud miners.
and this coin even not on exchange because it's pretty young. don't think this is a good sign
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

Hello all,

As I am mining, sometimes the value "pending" decreases in the historic shares table (I have not received any payment yet as I have mined less than 10 aro).

Thanks

If you have recently started mining with us, then your pending amount will be processed and sent to your wallet in due course. When this happens a new value will appear for your next pending amount. Please bear in mind though, you need to accrue 10 ARO before it is sent to your wallet.

Hope this helps Smiley

DERO
DERO Community Pools
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:05:48 PM

Looks like ARO becomes a new "botnet controlled coin" like Monero. 65% of network are controls by three whales/botnets/cloud miners.
and this coin even not on exchange because it's pretty young. don't think this is a good sign

While this is unfortunate in some people's eyes, this is to be expected from a CPU only coin. With the advent of cloud servers incorporating GPU's into their availability, only time will tell if the same thing happens with those.

It does not all have to be malicious botnet either, some people are actually prepared to invest quite heavily in a cryptocurrency if they think it is worth it.

Having actually spoken to people who have cloud mining operations, it's clear from them that although their initial investment is high, they have confidence in ARO.

Obviously I cannot say this for every user that has extremely high h/s but this is the case for the few that I have spoken to that are regularly at the top of the h/s list.

DERO
DERO Community Pools
freinos13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:16:34 PM

Hello all,

Thanks

If you have recently started mining with us, then your pending amount will be processed and sent to your wallet in due course. When this happens a new value will appear for your next pending amount. Please bear in mind though, you need to accrue 10 ARO before it is sent to your wallet.

Hope this helps Smiley

Thanks for your answer @OvErLoDe1 !

The problem is that my pending amount is decreasing while I'm mining and nothing is sent to my wallet.
To be clear : 15 minutes ago, the pending amount was 8.4 and now it is 7.77 but nothing has been sent to my wallet (total paid still 0.00)

What can be the cause of this situation?

Thanks!
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:20:50 PM

Hello all,

Thanks

Hope this helps Smiley

Thanks for your answer @OvErLoDe1 !

The problem is that my pending amount is decreasing while I'm mining and nothing is sent to my wallet.
To be clear : 15 minutes ago, the pending amount was 8.4 and now it is 7.77 but nothing has been sent to my wallet (total paid still 0.00)

What can be the cause of this situation?

Thanks!

Is the 8.4 the first amount of ARO you have earnt mining with us?

DERO
DERO Community Pools
freinos13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:27:04 PM

Yes.

I started mining recently and my pending amount increased to around 8.5 and then started decreasing whereas I was still mining
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

Yes.

I started mining recently and my pending amount increased to around 8.5 and then started decreasing whereas I was still mining

Ok, because you need to earn 10 ARO before a payment is made to your wallet, what will happen is that 7.7 will go from being "pending", get added to the 8.4 you have already earned and you should receive a payment of 16.1 ARO.

Any new pendings will then be paid as normal once you have achieved an amount of 10 ARO

Hope this makes sense Smiley

DERO
DERO Community Pools
freinos13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:51:09 PM

Yes.

Ok, because you need to earn 10 ARO before a payment is made to your wallet, what will happen is that 7.7 will go from being "pending", get added to the 8.4 you have already earned and you should receive a payment of 16.1 ARO.

Any new pendings will then be paid as normal once you have achieved an amount of 10 ARO

It makes sense!

I didn't know there could be "several" pending amounts.
(although it really looks like it's going backwards as in the last few minutes the pending amount went from 7.77 to 7.74).

Thanks for your answers, I will keep you posted if I receive any payment

OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:09:48 PM

Yes.

It makes sense!

(although it really looks like it's going backwards as in the last few minutes the pending amount went from 7.77 to 7.74).

Ok, the reason that the pending amounts go up and down is purely because or your share in the work done to solve the block. Once a new "pending" amount is shown, it now will simply mean you have been paid the previous pending amount.

If you would like to give me your wallet address I can just double check to make sure everything is ok?

DERO
DERO Community Pools
freinos13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:28:20 PM

Ok, the reason that the pending amounts go up and down is purely because or your share in the work done to solve the block. Once a new "pending" amount is shown, it now will simply mean you have been paid the previous pending amount.

If you would like to give me your wallet address I can just double check to make sure everything is ok?

Sure, my address is : 5RU45mMLEPm5oqY7Z3NnqDSPigDZcG62S6bbKriCdpLNbU7NuUPeiE4bYf7MJuxJ5ZLiuiDcDzEhs1o aGPjhbwRE

Everything looks ok ?

Thanks
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:33:13 PM

Sure, my address is : 5RU45mMLEPm5oqY7Z3NnqDSPigDZcG62S6bbKriCdpLNbU7NuUPeiE4bYf7MJuxJ5ZLiuiDcDzEhs1o aGPjhbwRE

Everything looks ok ?

Thanks

Ok, so when that 8.4 leaves and another amount shows in pending you should get 7.65+8.4 ARO

DERO
DERO Community Pools
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:37:46 PM

Yes.

It makes sense!

Hi,

It is normal. The pool statistics are a bit strange to the traditional miners, but all is good.
Read this thread a bit up here, hopefully it will make things clear.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710248.msg30136256#msg30136256

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: