Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution  (Read 71533 times)
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:51:44 AM

Anyone knows how to get java miner to run in OS X.

I have the latest JRE environement installed for OS X, but clicking the .jar file, it does nothing.

Then you need to either create a batch file with the following content: java -jar arionum-miner-java.jar (I am not sure how it is in MacOS with batch files though)

or

If that doesn't work, open a shell, go to the download folder, and run ./jar -java arionum-miner-java.jar (or the correct name of the path).

java -jar ... starts, but it doesn't run properly, displays a lot of errors like:

Code:
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'encode_ctx': dlsym(0x7fa250e16360, encode_ctx): symbol not found
at com.sun.jna.Function.<init>(Function.java:245)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:566)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:542)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:528)
at com.sun.jna.Library$Handler.invoke(Library.java:228)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.encode_ctx(Unknown Source)
at com.programmerdan.arionum.arionum_miner.MappedHasher.go(MappedHasher.java:252)
at com.programmerdan.arionum.arionum_miner.Hasher.run(Hasher.java:45)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:514)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at com.programmerdan.arionum.arionum_miner.AggressiveAffinityThreadFactory$1.run(AggressiveAffinityThreadFactory.java:85)

Good, solving errors one step at a time Smiley
On to the next - how did you compile on Mac OS? Did you use Maven or something else?
I had a lot of issues with maven clean package on Win and I had to reinstall several times latest JRE and JDK in order to run and compile properly.

Try these steps:

mvn clean package

chmod +x build-argon.sh

build-argon.sh

run.sh

I didn't compile anything, I just downloaded the jar file from the java miner page.

Jar should run if a JRE is installed and should be OS agnostic, that's the point of java, no?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zyrianka

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

Follow on from "sflaherty"'s excellent Digital Ocean guide

Ok, calling all small miners that would like an injection of h/s for absolutely nothing. I have been in discussions with Upcloud, a relatively new cloud compute company based in London and they have given me access to their servers for testing whilst the Java miner was being developed and released, and working alongside ProgrammerDan, a range of test conditions were setup.

While carrying out this research and testing, I found the interface that Upcloud uses very simple and easy to use. Whilst it doesn't offer the same options as some of the bigger companies like Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform, they certainly are trying and have been excellent with regards to support and advice.

With this in mind, I am providing a guide so that absolutely anyone can give themselves that added boost to their h/s for free.

First of all, it would be very much appreciated if you used the following link - https://www.upcloud.com/register/?promo=59R28E . This is a referral link that gives new sign-ups $25 free to try out their service. Yes, ARO does receive some credit also, but this is used to provide servers for software testing on Upcloud VM's. I do also pay out of my own money for server time. This link just helps absorb some of those costs.

Ok, once you have signed up you will be presented with your Dashboard page -

http://i68.tinypic.com/30hmvcx.jpg

First we need to do the important stuff like setting up startup scripts and SSH keys.

I will walk you through how to create and use SSH keys in both Windows and Linux.

For Windows

Download and install the required version of PuTTY from these links - 32-bit - https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w32/putty-0.70-installer.msi
                                                                                                                64-bit - https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w64/putty-64bit-0.70-installer.msi

Thanks for the tutorial @overlode

I have followed it but when I test if it works, it says "no sessions" (see screenshot below)

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ef8fhi.jpg

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks

Try typing just "top" for me and let me know what it says (screenshot if poss)

It's possible also that the script is still installing, it takes about 2 minutes to fully install, sometimes longer

I have the same problem with freinos13

I put my server in Singapore at first, and thought maybe it is a problem. So I deleted it and put it in England. But it doesn't work. When i write "top" I get the same as freinos13

the script is with Java miner

also, at the start it shows "no VNC ready"
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:45:14 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 01:53:40 PM by kobo_eth

I have the latest JRE environement installed for OS X, but clicking the .jar file, it does nothing.

Then you need to either create a batch file with the following content: java -jar arionum-miner-java.jar (I am not sure how it is in MacOS with batch files though)

or

If that doesn't work, open a shell, go to the download folder, and run ./jar -java arionum-miner-java.jar (or the correct name of the path).

java -jar ... starts, but it doesn't run properly, displays a lot of errors like:

Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'encode_ctx': dlsym(0x7fa250e16360, encode_ctx): symbol not found
at com.programmerdan.arionum.arionum_miner.MappedHasher.go(MappedHasher.java:252)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:514)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at com.programmerdan.arionum.arionum_miner.AggressiveAffinityThreadFactory$1.run(AggressiveAffinityThreadFactory.java:85)

On to the next - how did you compile on Mac OS? Did you use Maven or something else?
I had a lot of issues with maven clean package on Win and I had to reinstall several times latest JRE and JDK in order to run and compile properly.

Try these steps:

mvn clean package

chmod +x build-argon.sh

build-argon.sh

run.sh

I didn't compile anything, I just downloaded the jar file from the java miner page.

Jar should run if a JRE is installed and should be OS agnostic, that's the point of java, no?

There is a pre-compiled miner now, yeah I noticed.
So in such case, I guess there was an issue in the compilation itself (if you really have the latest JRE for macOS). It should run with no problems.

I suggest we wait until the topic for the cloud mining troubleshooting is over, as they have currently usurped the thread SmileySmileySmiley and then look for the feedback from other Mac users or ProgrammerDan himself who is here.

zyrianka

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:18:58 PM

Follow on from "sflaherty"'s excellent Digital Ocean guide

Ok, calling all small miners that would like an injection of h/s for absolutely nothing. I have been in discussions with Upcloud, a relatively new cloud compute company based in London and they have given me access to their servers for testing whilst the Java miner was being developed and released, and working alongside ProgrammerDan, a range of test conditions were setup.

While carrying out this research and testing, I found the interface that Upcloud uses very simple and easy to use. Whilst it doesn't offer the same options as some of the bigger companies like Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform, they certainly are trying and have been excellent with regards to support and advice.

With this in mind, I am providing a guide so that absolutely anyone can give themselves that added boost to their h/s for free.

First of all, it would be very much appreciated if you used the following link - https://www.upcloud.com/register/?promo=59R28E . This is a referral link that gives new sign-ups $25 free to try out their service. Yes, ARO does receive some credit also, but this is used to provide servers for software testing on Upcloud VM's. I do also pay out of my own money for server time. This link just helps absorb some of those costs.

Ok, once you have signed up you will be presented with your Dashboard page -

http://i68.tinypic.com/30hmvcx.jpg

First we need to do the important stuff like setting up startup scripts and SSH keys.

I will walk you through how to create and use SSH keys in both Windows and Linux.

For Windows

Download and install the required version of PuTTY from these links - 32-bit - https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w32/putty-0.70-installer.msi
                                                                                                                64-bit - https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w64/putty-64bit-0.70-installer.msi

Thanks for the tutorial @overlode

I have followed it but when I test if it works, it says "no sessions" (see screenshot below)

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ef8fhi.jpg

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks

Try typing just "top" for me and let me know what it says (screenshot if poss)

It's possible also that the script is still installing, it takes about 2 minutes to fully install, sometimes longer

I have the same problem with freinos13

I put my server in Singapore at first, and thought maybe it is a problem. So I deleted it and put it in England. But it doesn't work. When i write "top" I get the same as freinos13

the script is with Java miner

also, at the start it shows "no VNC ready"

Using this script -

#! /bin/bash
set -x #echo on
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install curl git libssl-dev libcurl3 -y
wget https://bitbucket.org/cryptogone/ariocppminer/downloads/ariocppminer_v0.9.4_ubuntu16_server.tar.gz
tar -zxf ariocppminer_v0.9.4_ubuntu16_server.tar.gz
tmux new-session -d -s my_session './ariocppminer_avx2 -a <wallet address> -p http://aro.cool'

I have no problems at all

http://i65.tinypic.com/29cku49.png

tried the other script - doesn't work too
zyrianka

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:56:15 PM

did that. not working.
OvErLoDe1

Activity: 230
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 01:09:43 PM

did that. not working.

Very strange, not sure why it isn't working

DERO
(https://dero-node-overlode.mysrv.cloud/dero-mining-pool)
DERO Community Pools
erdnapa

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:29:25 PM

Trying to mine with not overclocked Ryzen 1600...
11 h/s is normal for this CPU?
Sounds good. I'm getting 15 using AVX2 with a 1700.
Which miner is that? I get 7.5 with Dan's latest version on Linux. (Before you ask: yes, after building the argon myself. It seems to use -march=native, which may not be optimal for Ryzen on GCC 5.4/Ubuntu)
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:45:14 PM

did that. not working.

Can you please try the following script for Dan's miner and let me know how it goes

Remember to put your wallet address where it says <wallet address here>

#! /bin/bash
set -x #echo on
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk maven git gcc make -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential -y
cd
git clone git://github.com/Programmerdan/arionum-java
cd /arionum-java/arionum-miner
git checkout investigate
touch config.cfg
chmod 755 config.cfg
echo "pool
http://aropool.com/
<wallet address here>
`nproc`
enhanced
true
`hostname`" > config.cfg
mvn clean package
chmod +x build-argon.sh
./build-argon.sh
chmod +x run.sh
sudo apt get install tmux -y
tmux new-session -d -s my_session 'sh run.sh'

DERO
DERO Community Pools
AroDev (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 130
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:57:24 PM

The official telegram group has been launched. You can join at: https://arionum.info/telegram/

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:12:33 AM

Sounds good Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
programmerdan

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:25:56 AM

Not sure who to exactly reply to, but for MacOS users of Java miner, my apologies but I do not include an argon2i library precompiled, as I don't have a mac to do so on. Please compile using the Linux instructions on the release page, which will hopefully work. Let me know if they don't.
freinos13

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:32:08 AM

did that. not working.

Can this have anything to do with the fact that we have a trial account ? (at least I have)
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 08:56:56 AM

did that. not working.

Can this have anything to do with the fact that we have a trial account ? (at least I have)

I don't think so, it would be nice to try and get hold of a startup log or something. There should at least be some folders created if some of the script worked. And like I say, it all works perfectly for me and has for others too

DERO
DERO Community Pools
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

or

Code:

Try these steps:

mvn clean package

chmod +x build-argon.sh

build-argon.sh

run.sh

Hey man, so exactly as I though, there was a thing with the macOS compliation.
However we managed to get ProgrammerDan's attention (thanks) SmileySmileySmiley and he found the solution - can you compile yourself? if yes, just follow Dan's instructions:

Not sure who to exactly reply to, but for MacOS users of Java miner, my apologies but I do not include an argon2i library precompiled, as I don't have a mac to do so on. Please compile using the Linux instructions on the release page, which will hopefully work. Let me know if they don't.

Let us know what happened.

OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:44:39 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 05:57:21 PM by OvErLoDe1

For everyone that has come across difficulty using the script for ProgrammerDan's miner, please try the following slightly altered script. I have tested this on AWS, GCP and Upcloud and all three work successfully

Remember to enter your wallet address -

#! /bin/bash
sudo su
set -x #echo on
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk maven git gcc make -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential -y
cd
git clone git://github.com/Programmerdan/arionum-java
cd /arionum-java/arionum-miner
git checkout investigate
touch config.cfg
chmod 755 config.cfg
echo "pool
http://aropool.com/
<wallet address here>
`nproc`
enhanced
true
`hostname`" > config.cfg
mvn clean package
chmod +x build-argon.sh
./build-argon.sh
chmod +x run.sh
sudo apt get install tmux -y
tmux new-session -d -s my_session './run.sh'

When checking to see if the miner sessions is working please use the following -

sudo su
tmux attach

If this does not work, simply try -

sudo su

and check if "java" is running

DERO
DERO Community Pools
erdnapa

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:02:57 PM

Ok running a Ryzen 7 1700x with the java miner by Dan

Ok thought i would see myself , this isnt anything scientific just a thing i would try i run between 7 and 12 threads for 20 minutes and took the averages for each

7 threads = 11.27 h/s average
8 threads = 11.64 h/s average
9 threads = 11.91 h/s average
10 threads = 12.34 h/s average
11 threads = 12.25 h/s average
12 threads = 12.86 h/s average

I didnt do anymore than 12 threads, cause i am also running 5x rx560 mining cryptonight and didnt want to strain the boy too much , so not sure if that would affect the results but thought i would see if that would actually help anyone that is running a ryzen 7 1700x
How much RAM do you have?
Those hashrates look correct. Still somewhat low compared to Intel CPUs, my i5-7500 does 12 h/s with 3 threads!

For my Ryzen 1700 (no x), I think low memory may be the issue (8GB installed), 7.5 h/s on anything 8+ threads...
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:14:03 PM

This is with 14 Threads (sweet spot with my system)

Ryzen 1700, 16 Gb RAM.
KorolZhizni

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

“The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content”

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:20:18 PM

interesting coin, tell me please, where can I see your road map? Unfortunately, I did not find information on the website about what your plans are

OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:04:19 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 10:41:54 PM by OvErLoDe1

interesting coin, tell me please, where can I see your road map? Unfortunately, I did not find information on the website about what your plans are

The roadmap is going to be added to the website in the very near future but the current roadmap objectives are as follows -

1. We've started discussions with several exchanges for listing ARO. We don't have any dates yet, as it does not depend on us, but the discussions have been initiated.
2. We're preparing to launch the alias system, allowing you to register an unique name for your wallet and be able to receive transfers on that alias.
3. An ARO Raffle will be launched soon, based on the aro blockchain with a trustless draw.
4. The Windows GUI Wallet's design is being remade by Deckard Coin

DERO
DERO Community Pools
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

Important

I was shocked to see that even we have so loving people for this coin, why none of them gave Merit to the main thread, i have just gave my remaining 1 sMerit to main thread.
Guys try to make use of your  sMerit, it does not decrease your Merit count.

If you like a project support it, if you like some comment support it, make use of the power you have here, reward the good players, that makes game more solid, just an example, i hope you get what I can saying

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: