Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Cryptocurrency Crash (Elliott Wave)  (Read 25971 times)
g-uid

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:35:18 PM

Once any of aforementioned resistance levels are reached, the interrupted downtrend ought to resume towards an initial target of 5200 approx. This would complete an overall A-B-C structure which began on 24-JUL. Taking out the high of 02-SEP would suggest another structure at play.

So your prediction went wrong once again? Price should be sub $5000 by now according to the chart. Why all 30 days predictions you make end up wrong? That is sort of statistically impossible. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So far the "broken clock" has been right more than he has been wrong. Read the thread carefully.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:41:36 PM

Well @g-uid, it's better (for some people) to say anything and doesn't provide any worth noting analysis or insight, they want just to nitpick others TA and analysis.

Even tho trend is currently settling, but on larger TF we are still in downtrend.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:26:48 PM

In any case I would go to analyze the primary trend and the final fund that said OP ..... that's where you will really see all his analysis.
Recall that OP called the Bitcoin descent in mid-January 2018 when Btc stood at around $ 17,000 and when everyone gave it ready to start again to score new max; also in January he started to call and showed a chart in which he predicts Bitcoin at about $ 2000 towards the end of 2018 and then even lower in 2019, or ETH at about $ 200 in May 2018 (but then reached in September), or Eos at about $ 4.5 in March (but reached in August), or Neo at 45 $ in February (but then reached in early April), or XRP at about 0.30 in February (but reached in September).

All this when nobody talked about rebels, and above all of such entities and duration!

The key thing to see is if Bitcoin really arrives at about $ 2,000 or not: if it arrives in March 2019 instead of at the end of 2018 as initially planned, I do not care.
colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:53:10 PM

Could we see an updated chart soon please?  It is interesting to see how TA predicts the current situation while prices seesm to jump randomly lol.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:28:50 PM

Curious what OP thinks about how bitcoin seems to be correlated to the recent dip in the stock market?

Also it seems 6k is an extremely strong floor, probably alot harder to be broken than op thought maybe? What if an ETF passes in the winter? How could this affect this current wave hypothesis?
WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:55:30 PM

So the original poster correctly predicts the price collapse at the top of the pump based on logical analysis and past history. Those listening to him shorted it to great benefit to themselves. Alas, so many posters calling him a fudder, questioning his motives, etc etc etc. Such a sad group of bulltards in this subforum. The good news is there are those who think logically and post benefitial advice - you just have to sift through the sadsack replies to get to the truth.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:03:51 PM

Well @g-uid, it's better (for some people) to say anything and doesn't provide any worth noting analysis or insight, they want just to nitpick others TA and analysis.

Even tho trend is currently settling, but on larger TF we are still in downtrend.

So far the "broken clock" has been right more than he has been wrong. Read the thread carefully.

LOL again. He was not right even once to predict price only 30 days ahead. And you two keep pretending opposite. That is simply amazing!!
WinslowIII

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:58:46 PM

Curious what OP thinks about how bitcoin seems to be correlated to the recent dip in the stock market?

Also it seems 6k is an extremely strong floor, probably alot harder to be broken than op thought maybe? What if an ETF passes in the winter? How could this affect this current wave hypothesis?

The OP hasn't been signed on since early Sept, my bet is he dumped near the top of the pump and is waiting till next year to buy back, and is too busy enjoying his profits to worry about the current price.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:33:57 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2018, 09:23:18 AM by drays

So the original poster correctly predicts the price collapse at the top of the pump based on logical analysis and past history. Those listening to him shorted it to great benefit to themselves. Alas, so many posters calling him a fudder, questioning his motives, etc etc etc. Such a sad group of bulltards in this subforum. The good news is there are those who think logically and post benefitial advice - you just have to sift through the sadsack replies to get to the truth.

The OP hasn't been signed on since early Sept, my bet is he dumped near the top of the pump and is waiting till next year to buy back, and is too busy enjoying his profits to worry about the current price.

You lost your bet. OP admittedly wasn't a holder of any crypto, so could not dump it at the top. Also he has never planned to buy them back, as he told for the old cryptocurrency (like bitcoin and all the currently existing alts) the game is over (well, he *might* buy back Bitcoin at $500-800 - as thats the price he expects BTC to drop to). This OP is not a crypto holder or believer, but is generally non-crypto trader making an experiment to apply EW to crypto markets, and to check his own "predictions". Now decide yourself whether you prefer to eat the "truth" out of his hand.
And read thread better better next time, before making your 'valuable' conclusions and posts Kiss

... this space is not for rent ...
WinslowIII

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:51:17 PM

You lost your bet. OP admittedly wasn't a holder of any crypto, so could not dump it at the top. Also he has never planned to buy them back, as he told for the old cryptocurrency (like bitcoin and all the currently existing alts) the game is over (well, he *might* buy back Bitcoin at $500-800 - as thats the price he expects BTC to drop to). This OP is not a crypto holder or believer, but is generally non-crypto trader making an experiment to apply EW to crypto markets, and to check his own "predictions". Now decide yourself whether you prefer to eat the truth out of his hands.
And read thread better better next time, before making your 'valuable' conclusions and posts Kiss

Well he had some great advice at the right time, it's too bad he forgot to buy btc when it was cheap - sux to be him I guess, thanks for the info.
xxxx123abcxxxx (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 08:06:18 PM

No material change yet, still expecting sub 6000, followed by new lows for 2018.

The overall A-B-C wave structure which began at the 24-JUL high remains in place; the wave-C leg has subdivided into a smaller a-b-c structure.

Notes:

—Upcoming approx support zones (BITFINEX): 5890, 5178, 4257
    —CBOE futures expiry: 17-OCT-2018
    —CME futures last trade date: 26-OCT-2018
    —Global stockmarket indices appear to have topped, and bear market underway.

Speculation is indicative of price and structure, not time; i.e. the projection may occur sooner or later than anticipated.

WinslowIII

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:16:15 PM

Next time don't forget to buy bitcoins. Your exit strategy doesn't help if you don't have anything to exit with.  Grin
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:53:14 PM

Once any of aforementioned resistance levels are reached, the interrupted downtrend ought to resume towards an initial target of 5200 approx. This would complete an overall A-B-C structure which began on 24-JUL. Taking out the high of 02-SEP would suggest another structure at play.

So your prediction went wrong once again? Price should be sub $5000 by now according to the chart. Why all 30 days predictions you make end up wrong? That is sort of statistically impossible. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
What would you expect? Elliot wave is only applicable on somehow stabilized markets like stocks or forex but applying to crypto market then most likely these analysis would really be destined to be broken  Cool
This isnt new and even upto now we are being flooded by endless predictions made by those so-called experts.

estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:51:18 PM

No material change yet, still expecting sub 6000, followed by new lows for 2018.

The overall A-B-C wave structure which began at the 24-JUL high remains in place; the wave-C leg has subdivided into a smaller a-b-c structure.

Notes:

—Upcoming approx support zones (BITFINEX): 5890, 5178, 4257
    —CBOE futures expiry: 17-OCT-2018
    —CME futures last trade date: 26-OCT-2018
    —Global stockmarket indices appear to have topped, and bear market underway.

Speculation is indicative of price and structure, not time; i.e. the projection may occur sooner or later than anticipated.

this is a truncated and too recent curve, not showing the full picture since the onset of bear market.

BTC is now in a triangle, approaching of the exit which will occur soon.

will it be upwards or downwards ?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:12:27 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 07:58:22 PM by drays

https://cryptoslate.com/crypto-community-reacts-to-vays-shorting-bitcoin-at-yearly-low/

It looks more solid traders join the opinion BTC will drop to low 5000 area soon. The community's negative reaction to this, is just the indication of mass sentiment, and as mass sentiment is usually wrong, it just means the probability of the drop is very high. Well, whether we want it or not, the bear market is not over, as we all already know... Undecided

... this space is not for rent ...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:28:32 PM

https://cryptoslate.com/crypto-community-reacts-to-vays-shorting-bitcoin-at-yearly-low/

It looks more solid traders join the opinion BTC will drop to low 5000 area soon. The community negative reaction to this, is just the indication of mass sentiment, and as mass sentiment is usually wrong, it just means the probability of the drop is very high. Well, whether we want it or not, the bear market is not over, as we all already know... Undecided

I believe now with BAKKT 12th December, there will be a lot of bull run predictions.  I personally have no idea. My call for September bottom failed miserably. Bottom can happen up to mid next year. Latter then that I believe   are as tiny chance as to win a lottery.
kronos123

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:59:12 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It looks more solid traders join the opinion BTC will drop to low 5000 area soon. The community negative reaction to this, is just the indication of mass sentiment, and as mass sentiment is usually wrong, it just means the probability of the drop is very high. Well, whether we want it or not, the bear market is not over, as we all already know... Undecided

I believe now with BAKKT 12th December, there will be a lot of bull run predictions.  I personally have no idea. My call for September bottom failed miserably. Bottom can happen up to mid next year. Latter then that I believe   are as tiny chance as to win a lottery.

Never as now the market is really uncertain and everyone has his own theory; many declare that there will be a new bottom in the $ 4,000 area while many others have become rally for this BAKKT announcement towards the end of the year.

Personally I expect a clear and strong direction of Bitcoin within 2 weeks maximum; there is too much stasis and stillness ... it seems that moment before the storm.
I am not unbalanced in saying which direction it will move, but I believe that any movement occurring soon will be a trap, to which a decisive change will follow shortly thereafter.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:42:57 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Never as now the market is really uncertain and everyone has his own theory; many declare that there will be a new bottom in the $ 4,000 area while many others have become rally for this BAKKT announcement towards the end of the year.

Personally I expect a clear and strong direction of Bitcoin within 2 weeks maximum; there is too much stasis and stillness ... it seems that moment before the storm.
I am not unbalanced in saying which direction it will move, but I believe that any movement occurring soon will be a trap, to which a decisive change will follow shortly thereafter.

You are familiar with the saying that "the market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent", right?

Even though the BTC price has been stuck in a long ass band (consolidation), there is NO "need" for it to have to move within 2 weeks, even if there continues to be a large number of institutional investors buying BTC behind the scenes.  You also understand that sometimes very bullish news is spun in the opposite direction in order for BIG money to continue to trick peeps out of their coins.

I am NOT disagreeing with your overall thesis that in the longer term there are really decently strong odds that BTC prices are going to have to go UP.. but I am far from relying on any kind of rationality, whether talking about technical analysis or merely questions about why all the buy pressures and happenings are NOT causing the BTC price to go up.

In other words, HODL your bitcoin, buy BTC on dips and if anyone is panic selling their BTC, let it be someone else...  Wink Wink

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
kronos123

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I believe now with BAKKT 12th December, there will be a lot of bull run predictions.  I personally have no idea. My call for September bottom failed miserably. Bottom can happen up to mid next year. Latter then that I believe   are as tiny chance as to win a lottery.

You are familiar with the saying that "the market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent", right?

Even though the BTC price has been stuck in a long ass band (consolidation), there is NO "need" for it to have to move within 2 weeks, even if there continues to be a large number of institutional investors buying BTC behind the scenes.  You also understand that sometimes very bullish news is spun in the opposite direction in order for BIG money to continue to trick peeps out of their coins.

I am NOT disagreeing with your overall thesis that in the longer term there are really decently strong odds that BTC prices are going to have to go UP.. but I am far from relying on any kind of rationality, whether talking about technical analysis or merely questions about why all the buy pressures and happenings are NOT causing the BTC price to go up.

In other words, HODL your bitcoin, buy BTC on dips and if anyone is panic selling their BTC, let it be someone else...  Wink Wink

Hi JayJuanGee, I know that saying but I expect the market to take a lead within the next 2 weeks because at the beginning of November the descending triangle from February to today closes; then Bitcoin will be called soon to a decision that, imho, will initially be a trap that will take us for a few months, while in the end we will have the clear direction of the market, perhaps for the whole 2019.

Finally, in the long run, except for unimaginable and unpredictable shocks, Bitcoin will be loooonger than today, so I hold my bitcoins.  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4849889.msg43731865#msg43731865
ELOCIN

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:49:49 PM

The OP may be so desperate to buy bitcoin and other crypto at a very cheap price for he might be a very bad experienced in crypto. He might be one of the people who didn't invest in bitcoin while it was cheap and regret to see bitcoin's market value now.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: