Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should the block reward reduction take place?
The block reward is linearly decreased over equal periods of time, until a certain amount where it stays constant for longer. - 0 (0%)
The block reward is directly dropped to a low amount and continues until further requirement. - 2 (100%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XOL] Xolentum - The Future is Digital  (Read 1580 times)
Lebanese

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:49:16 PM

That's really nice and promising, I would love to see a roadmap to be honest Smiley
I think we are going to the moon soon Smiley

I have some more questions if you don't mind,
I see that Xolentum has infinite supply, why?
How will that help xol to get higher price?
I think limit supply gives more value to the coin, what do you think?

at the end I really think Xolentum is a great project but needs investors + marketing!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kaszebe1

Activity: 397
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 05:49:27 AM

Hello,
I can't find the whitepaper, why? and when is it going to be released? Shocked

To be really honest, a whitepaper is required when you make a lot of technical changes in the codebase. Our primary aim was to first identify the issues in the Monero codebase, since we were aware of some. That has been done, and now we've made a lot of changes which aren't really in the XMR codebase. Our plan is to slowly move to our line of development and we've lots of plans for the same. Hence, we're now in a position to write a whitepaper and release our roadmap. That will be done shortly after we release v3 of our core, which is coming soon. Stay tuned! : )

I translate: " We have nothing but forked Monero. Cause we are in fact bunch of kids who pretends to be software developers and we are waiting for suckers who buy our usleless forked Monero coins. Even few hundred dollars makes a difference for us so why not try... We are sure there are still many noobs out there that can belive such project is legit." /translation mode off/

Grin

sohamb03 (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 02:54:07 PM

That's really nice and promising, I would love to see a roadmap to be honest Smiley

at the end I really think Xolentum is a great project but needs investors + marketing!

Coming to your infinite supply question, firstly, other projects use a fancy term called "tail emission". If you therefore note carefully, the supply is only soft capped until tail emission starts and then it's basically a never-ending emission of a fixed amount. We've removed tail emission from our codebase and added the system of a configurable block reward system. This is advantageous as it gives us control of the supply, and in an event that the supply needs to be adjusted, it can be done without a fixed emission schedule. Unlike others, we refer to it as an infinite supply. Further details of this block reward system will be in the whitepaper.

Moreover, coins will experience a huge downfall when the supply is mined, the whole network becomes fee-only, and the miners move away.
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 02:57:09 PM

Hello,
I can't find the whitepaper, why? and when is it going to be released? Shocked

To be really honest, a whitepaper is required when you make a lot of technical changes in the codebase. Our primary aim was to first identify the issues in the Monero codebase, since we were aware of some. That has been done, and now we've made a lot of changes which aren't really in the XMR codebase. Our plan is to slowly move to our line of development and we've lots of plans for the same. Hence, we're now in a position to write a whitepaper and release our roadmap. That will be done shortly after we release v3 of our core, which is coming soon. Stay tuned! : )

I translate: " We have nothing but forked Monero. Cause we are in fact bunch of kids who pretends to be software developers and we are waiting for suckers who buy our usleless forked Monero coins. Even few hundred dollars makes a difference for us so why not try... We are sure there are still many noobs out there that can belive such project is legit." /translation mode off/

Grin

Please do not show your "in"-competence in a place where you do not understand, especially cuz you never bothered to check our codebase, just random 5 cent inferences.

I translate: "You are a little piece of shit, who is too tiny to be noticed, and hence you make shitty comments in order to gain fake attention, though no one gives a damn." /translation mode off/
Lebanese

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:26:21 PM

Coming to your infinite supply question, firstly, other projects use a fancy term called "tail emission". If you therefore note carefully, the supply is only soft capped until tail emission starts and then it's basically a never-ending emission of a fixed amount. We've removed tail emission from our codebase and added the system of a configurable block reward system. This is advantageous as it gives us control of the supply, and in an event that the supply needs to be adjusted, it can be done without a fixed emission schedule. Unlike others, we refer to it as an infinite supply. Further details of this block reward system will be in the whitepaper.

Moreover, coins will experience a huge downfall when the supply is mined, the whole network becomes fee-only, and the miners move away.

Nice strategy!
Thanks for answering my questions. Keep up the good work, Waiting for roadmap/whitepaper Smiley

All the best for Xolentum !!

And please ignore negative comments, they wont push the project forward!  Tongue  Wink
kaszebe1

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 04:13:24 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2020, 04:28:14 PM by kaszebe1

Lol... They claim they can manually modify block rewards and emission... If that isnt a red light i dont know what is.

Btw your network is weak as fuck ... I solve many blocks solo on my desktop ... I dont want to think what can do a man with server farm... They can reorganise chain without any problems.
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 11:59:17 AM

Lol... They claim they can manually modify block rewards and emission... If that isnt a red light i dont know what is.

Well, that's not the essence of what I said. We cannot "manually" modify block reward whenever we want, just that it is not pre-planned. Every block reward change requires a fork. Another thing, we cannot modify the emission it'll be based on the block rewards. Moreover, most of our decisions are taken using a community vote, and where required a discussion with our service operators.

Btw your network is weak as fuck ... I solve many blocks solo on my desktop ... I dont want to think what can do a man with server farm... They can reorganise chain without any problems.

We're aware about this, I won't say you are wrong. We did have a discussion on increasing the GPU advantage, as some people with GPUs are willing to mine Xolentum, however, since there's no additional profit using a GPU they aren't doing so. However, that is just a proposed idea among the core developers at the moment, it's implementation if done will be such that there's no effect on our primary aim, that CPUs should be able to mine.
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 04:59:02 PM

Hey everyone,

We're gonna have a Christmas giveaway on 25th!

There will be vouchers, web hosting and VPSes to give away! And a lot of tips in the chat section too. The exact items will be posted on the day of the giveaway.

You need to be in our Discord server to participate in the giveaway. https://discord.gg/FTJ4tDQ Hang tight and invite your friends too!

Good luck!
kaszebe1

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 10:02:19 AM

Hey everyone,

There will be vouchers, web hosting and VPSes to give away! And a lot of tips in the chat section too. The exact items will be posted on the day of the giveaway.

You need to be in our Discord server to participate in the giveaway. https://discord.gg/FTJ4tDQ Hang tight and invite your friends too!

Good luck!

You celebrate Christmas in India ? I tought there is Hinduism and Islam there...
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 04:35:23 PM

Hey everyone,

Good luck!

You celebrate Christmas in India ? I tought there is Hinduism and Islam there...

Short answer ... yes. We've a lot of diversity here to be honest. Moreover, my being from India hardly matters, our other teammates are from Malaysia and the US, and so are the users spread globally. Smiley

On another note, the giveaway has started ... there's nitro, game passes, VPSes, web hosting and more! Join now : https://discord.gg/FTJ4tDQ

Cheers!
kaszebe1

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 02:37:46 PM

Catch up kids ...

some free xolentum...

pierce unknown uphill mailed mundane adult foamy fossil bikini avoid coexist plotting gyrate knowledge befit pencil sanity likewise rebel gather clue journal suede topic topic

Grin Grin Grin
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 04:38:19 PM

Xolentum v0.3.0.0 - Shadow Net released. https://github.com/xolentum/xolentum/releases/tag/v0.3.0.0

Please upgrade as soon as possible, hardfork at height 180000 to switch to transaction proof-of-work.

Xolentum GUI Wallet v1.1.0 also released to work with the latest Xolentum core as desribed above. https://github.com/xolentum/gui-wallet/releases/tag/v1.1.0
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 12:18:18 PM

Hello everyone!

The whitepaper and roadmap for the Xolentum project has been released! You can check them out at https://www.xolentum.org/resources/whitepaper/ and https://www.xolentum.org/resources/roadmap/ respectively.

Cheers!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 01:42:10 PM

Block Explorer v2 released!

Xolentum Block Explorer just got a new update, with a brand new UI lots of new features, more informative, and a new API set.

You can now check public nodes and mining pools status from the explorer itself!

Check it out @ https://explorer.xolentum.org/

Cheers!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 04:15:09 PM

Xolentum Shark Net, Point Release 1.0

This is a non-mandatory point release to publish our improvements over the last month, as well as fix a transaction relay status issue with the wallet RPC server.

It's recommended for public & seed node, and mining pool operators to upgrade to this release.

https://github.com/xolentum/xolentum/releases/tag/v0.3.1.0

Note: The Docker image has also been updated.

Cheers!
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 05:07:27 PM

Introducing Xolon: Web Wallet for Xolentum!

https://xolon.live/

It's completely open-source, users can review the source code @ https://github.com/sohamb03/xolon.

Do consider a donation to our development fund if you find the application useful

Cheers!
CodeZloy

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 07:07:45 PM

when are you planning to list on stock exchanges?
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2021, 03:44:10 AM

Xolentum v0.3.2.0 - Shark Net, Point Release 2.0 released!

This is a point release that patches the inputs signature error when sending a transaction and the reorg depth error while opening a wallet from v0.3.1.0

It's a non-mandatory upgrade for those who did not upgrade from v0.3.0.0 when v0.3.1.0 was released. It is recommended to upgrade to this release.

In case you face the reorg depth error while trying to open the wallet using the RPC server, first sync it using the CLI wallet and then reopen it. Note that you may also pass --trusted-daemon argument to the RPC server to bypass this error directly.

https://github.com/xolentum/xolentum/releases/tag/v0.3.2.0

------------------

Xolentum GUI v1.1.2 - Shark Net, Point Release 2.0 released!

This release is to work with v0.3.2.0 of Xolentum Core, as mentioned above. Please note that you may require to restore your wallet from seed if you face the reorg depth error.

https://github.com/xolentum/gui-wallet/releases/tag/v1.1.2

------------------

The docker image has also been updated. Instructions on how to use it are available here - https://www.xolentum.org/resources/guides/compilation/#docker
sohamb03 (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2021, 03:46:28 AM

Well, we do not have funds to pay for a listing at the moment, we did not have a pre-mine or an ICO, so there isn't a source of funding for us to pay the fees.

There was a fundraiser launched for the listing fee but the community remained quiet so .. we can't do anything more.
instahater

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:52:42 PM

Try to list on https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

Well, we do not have funds to pay for a listing at the moment, we did not have a pre-mine or an ICO, so there isn't a source of funding for us to pay the fees.

There was a fundraiser launched for the listing fee but the community remained quiet so .. we can't do anything more.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: