Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know Your Customer  (Read 5750 times)
Lucio19

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

I wouldn't like to send my sensitive information to a brand new company doing an ICO, so this is a very good question. Knowing what will be done with that information.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mahfuj7779

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:56:33 PM

it's very hard for a person to keep his identity hidden because every bank transaction is taken care of , and linked to your account. continue to look in some form to ensure the security of my deposit balance. exchange coinbase has to forward all customer data to the authority.
Haimainemy Trung

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:56:02 PM

If you submit KYC to an exchange and project, you can be reported to government. Thus you should pay all your taxes.
 Lips sealed Lips sealed
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:58:58 PM

If you are in a country that does have a monitoring of accounts, do not worry about that because certainly the government is just doing what is right. Illegal transactions to fund terrorism or any illegal activities can be traced and prevented in this manner. And besides these the movements of money from one country to another is an action that needs a real attention as this could just affect the country economically. But if you don't want to participate in KYC's then choose the ones that don't have these.

DianHER

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:11:26 PM

I think KYC is a polemic that there is a pro and some are contradictory. on one side of the KYC is needed to prevent something that can harm other parties, on the other hand, this KYC does not guarantee the security and confidentiality of our personal data,
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:21:34 PM

I think KYC is a polemic that there is a pro and some are contradictory. on one side of the KYC is needed to prevent something that can harm other parties, on the other hand, this KYC does not guarantee the security and confidentiality of our personal data,

Aside from protecting your personal data one of its purpose to know your customer also so you will be to adjust your pacing at least you will be at the same page with your customer.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:10:42 PM

Whether the exchanges are informed by the relevant government agencies about the monetary activity of their clients depends on the particular state in whose territory the exchange is located. With respect to the United States, I'm sure that the government ordered local exchanges and exchangers to inform them about all suspicious customers and making deals for large sums. In each state this will happen in different ways.
peter_coin

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:48:41 PM

In as much as man is very knowledgeable we lack regualation and the ability to conduct ourselves properly without messing things up badly. The know your customer approach is a way to help check the very many excesses that can occur in cryptocurrency as such it is a welcomed development.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:48:35 AM

If you submit KYC to an exchange and project, you can be reported to government. Thus you should pay all your taxes.
 Lips sealed Lips sealed

Most government right now trying to regulate crypto market to collect taxes from crypto transaction. I think exchange will keep asking KYC because they should following government regulation

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:55:59 AM

Lips sealed Lips sealed

Most government right now trying to regulate crypto market to collect taxes from crypto transaction. I think exchange will keep asking KYC because they should following government regulation
They must followed government rules if they want to continue facilitating their business from that place, government can't control crypto itself but the exchange can be controlled and that's why government wanted to have some control and knowledge about their costumers, it can avoid money laundering and also can help implementing taxes.
tintinbongs

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:31:48 AM

To ensure security purposes especially if you are trading or withdrawing big amount as exchange then it needs KYC. That's a companies ensuring if their clients are real.
#davidnugroho

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:05:13 AM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?

I don't understand this because I have never had $ 3000 in value, there is too much value to be exposed to tax fees, or a deduction from the transfer of wallet or exchange of money, so is this government permission, should the government know that every exchange and transfer of money is organized and transparent better.
Nucunsimeo

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:21:00 AM

Being anonymous is one among the best that the virtual currency provides to the investors. Now due to the hard regulations from different governing bodies around the globe investors were asked to follow KYC similar to the centralized operations. This will change over the period of time when more people start to be a part of the network.
Ng93

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:02:00 PM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?
This don't that's right. Buy coins and show who I am. It's enough that they can track the history of my wallet. Me really like to see crypto remain anonymous. Because every year the state controls people more and more.
Starting with video cameras on each post, ending with how much you earn and how much you spend money. In fact, it is a violation of an important rule in the Constitution. Freedom!!!
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 02:48:22 PM

Truth be told, no ICO sends KYC information to any government. They most times dump the information after the ICO stage of the project.
RadjorBlade

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:43:36 PM

I have the opinion that KYC is needed, to minimize the negative impact of transactions, such as criminal acts and donations to terrorist. Someday when bitcoin becomes global money, KYC is needed for monitoring.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:12:41 PM

Well I think that is not the contending issue and main reason for KYC as you all know that for the cryptocurrency to be widely accepted and adopted by the general public, there is need for it transactions to be traceable in other to trace crimes and other vises that are effecting the effective use of crypto.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:24:22 PM

Lets see first in their bounty or airdrop program required kyc or not? If not necessary it's a good project, also its normal doing kyc for big investor

brentkyle

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:48:05 PM

i think that having a KYC is a great move for businesses because they have to be sure wether the person investing is reliable and trustworhty.
dlouulmusthofa

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:51:44 PM

I think every country has its own regulations on investment, but for crypto, I think most of them have required KYC, both for exchange and ICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: