Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats your opinion about btc debits card future? We have any alternative now?  (Read 184 times)
ne0x86 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:38:31 AM

I read some mails and notices from xapo and wirex and the impression they try to give us is they will fin a solution very soon. But, you think its real? I understand they are loosing a lot of profit every day cards are disabled, and they should fix soon, but really they can give an alternative soon or its just false expectations?

And now Is there any alternative card? I read some alternatives but I dont find a reliable one.

Regards!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:10 PM

We're good this way and in my opinion, this just proves that people doesn't care about the technology but rather they want to get rich quickly and they will sell everything they have when time comes because If not, how would you explain people using Bitcoin because of the transaction fees, anonymity, speed etc. using these cards which are directly related to the banking system that represents the total opposite of bitcoin. I don't support them but as an alternative, you have UQUID or If you're from the U.S, there is Bitpay card.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:31:56 AM

This could be a great alternative but their card is not available yet:

Greetings all,

The vision for TokenCard has always been to marry the power of the Ethereum network with the global reach of the payments networks. This coupling unleashes onto the world a product of unparalleled financial access and control: from the (newly?) wealthy to those looking to regain control of their own finances, and by extent lives, the TokenCard is the epitome, the holy grail, of payment platforms.

This vision has always been a global one. To that end we have been on the lookout for an issuer that can provide us with the flexibility we need to complete this vision. In 2015, at the time of us first engaging our original issuing partner, WaveCrest, they had been able to help us fulfil this goal: through passive issuance we would be able to send cards to a near global market.

Over time WaveCrest’s situation evolved causing them to lose their ability to do global passive issuance; cards would only be sent within the EU. This however wouldn’t suffice for us, and we expedited our plans to work with larger and more sophisticated issuers with global reach.

Now, WaveCrest has been forced to indefinitely suspended all card activities, spelling the end of an era for them.

Today, with great excitement, we want to announce that we’ve been working in stealth on a new partnership with a prominent and large issuer. With our new partner we will have the ability to deploy cards globally. YES, that includes the US. China however is out with this one (but worry not 😉).

Alas, we had not intended to reveal our strategic launch plans this soon. We had wanted to announce the global rollout of TokenCard on the day we actually would be able to start shipping en masse.. for effect.

In short, the negatives:

Before we can launch we will need to complete API integration with the new issuer
A significant amount of time has been put into WaveCrest
Potential for panicky community
Positives:

API integration will be quicker thanks to lessons learnt and back end already being completely in place
Issuers are somewhat drag-and-droppable, little modification to the entire codebase is needed to get things working
The entire early mover advantage any competition had (Xapo, Wirex, Tenx) has been wiped away as their cards stopped working this morning. It has become a complete green field market, the clock has been reset and things are going to get juicy. The market is ours for the taking
WaveCrest is a large single point of failure since the bulk of crypto projects are with them. Moving away from this concentration decrease our risks accordingly. Additional issuers might be put in place in paralel.
We will be able to ship cards globally! This includes major markets such as the US and South Korea.
More sophisticated fulfilment and card material options.
NFC, contactless! Will be available from day 1! This is a big deal here in the UK, but also in Korea, Canada and Australia.
We are working fast to seize the moment. Stay tuned.

More details on country restrictions will follow.

To the team at WaveCrest I want to thank them for all their work. The team there is filled with stars who have simply found themselves in an unfortunate situation. Our engagement with WaveCrest stretches far back and our card product only just missed public deployment with them. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed working with their excellent team.

We wish you guys all the best. Truly.

Best,

Mel Gelderman and the Token team.

TL;DR The Token team was well prepared and has in stealth been working on a much larger partnership to bring the TokenCard to a global audience.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:29:02 AM

I read some mails and notices from xapo and wirex and the impression they try to give us is they will fin a solution very soon. But, you think its real? I understand they are loosing a lot of profit every day cards are disabled, and they should fix soon, but really they can give an alternative soon or its just false expectations?

And now Is there any alternative card? I read some alternatives but I dont find a reliable one.

Regards!

Not problem at all
Spectrocoin already received his new cards that time Spectrocoin cards will delivered globaly,exept USA and Iran
It will be already Bankera multi blockchain cards

Some uk wallets accepting crypto diffrent than btc also dm if you are in hurry,virtual cards also available

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:53:18 AM

We're good this way and in my opinion, this just proves that people doesn't care about the technology but rather they want to get rich quickly and they will sell everything they have when time comes because If not, how would you explain people using Bitcoin because of the transaction fees, anonymity, speed etc. using these cards which are directly related to the banking system that represents the total opposite of bitcoin. I don't support them but as an alternative, you have UQUID or If you're from the U.S, there is Bitpay card.

are you serious?
I know this goes against crypto ideology, but I think cryptos have only to say thanks to those services that give an immediate usefulness to BTC.
Should I, for the love of technology, use something that costs me $20 on every money transfer, and at least 20 minutes?

I don't think so.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:36:36 PM

I know this goes against crypto ideology, but I think cryptos have only to say thanks to those services that give an immediate usefulness to BTC.
The more utility Bitcoin has, the more useful and valuable it becomes, so yes, these services are quite helpful and contributing to Bitcoin's overall growth. People should just forget about this or that goes against crypto. Nothing goes against crypto, mainly because of the fact that it's just a convenience based service, that again, contributes to more utility for Bitcoin.

Should I, for the love of technology, use something that costs me $20 on every money transfer, and at least 20 minutes?
You are absolutely right. Nothing justifies paying such fees for day to day needs. People go for that what's convenient, cheap, and the fastest, and Bitcoin at this point doesn't fit in that category. Fiat related payment infrastructure is still the leader, and this will likely not change if we haven't Lightning Network to at least reduce the massive gap.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:06:27 PM

are you serious?

I don't think so.

The fees were never that high, they became like this in the last few weeks/months while these services existed for some years now and they will be fixed. Everyone is free to use whatever he wants really but I see no use for Bitcoin If you're willing to to give your personal information's etc. just to use bitcoin. I rather wait more services to implement SegWit then doing this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Winstar78

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:46 PM

The fees were never that high, they became like this in the last few weeks/months while these services existed for some years now and they will be fixed. Everyone is free to use whatever he wants really but I see no use for Bitcoin If you're willing to to give your personal information's etc. just to use bitcoin. I rather wait more services to implement SegWit then doing this.

anyway, if you want to buy a sandwich with bitcoin, or also pay an hooker like Mcafee, we need those services.

nothing represented to me the real value of a bitcoin, like when the first money came out of an ATM. That was a milestone for me.

And, I am not an anomity paranoid. If I was, i'd use other king of coins specifically made for that
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:41:38 PM

are you serious?

I don't think so.

There is a debit card that I found about just last night for crypto in which it uses the lightening network.
But with segwit almost all of the older ones have done the switch over already including Wirex.
https://wirexapp.com/segwit-bitcoin-wallet-update

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:30:29 AM

Some Gibraltar banks went in to investigation,UK Parliment is even considering to suspend licenses for some biggest sport bookmarkers becouse of ML.It is effect of paradise papers.Good financial crypto services will find better providers,crypto will grow money on the table.But i ve been reading USA agencies will investigate 100 crypto currencys providers.Financial terrorism new term in USA.Terrorist will investigate terrorism
At least Europe and Japan is open for crypto and Madame Legard

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Winstar78

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:33:18 PM

are you serious?

I don't think so.

There is a debit card that I found about just last night for crypto in which it uses the lightening network.
But with segwit almost all of the older ones have done the switch over already including Wirex.
https://wirexapp.com/segwit-bitcoin-wallet-update

I had a wirex card. It lasted 10 days, then disabled like all others.
please try again  Smiley
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:13:52 AM

Some Gibraltar banks went in to investigation,UK Parliment is even considering to suspend licenses for some biggest sport bookmarkers becouse of ML.It is effect of paradise papers.Good financial crypto services will find better providers,crypto will grow money on the table.But i ve been reading USA agencies will investigate 100 crypto currencys providers.Financial terrorism new term in USA.Terrorist will investigate terrorism
At least Europe and Japan is open for crypto and Madame Legard

Which is why giving exchanges and card providers copies of your passports is such a bad idea. If it comes to that (US authorities raiding all their servers) then names, passports, utility bills etc will all see the light of day. Being part of an investigation is never nice. Makes one nervous and twitchy when going through immigration. They scan that passport, alarm bells ring, you're taken to an office for lots of checks and questions and you miss that flight.

I didn't quite understand the rest of what you wrote above but I get the message. They're cracking down hard on crypto services.

Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:37:12 PM

We would need crypto debit cards, that are not connected to VISA (they announced already, that they wouldn't accept cryptocurrencies) and Mastercard. Uquid provided such cards but disabled them.
The future would be cyptocurrency cards without connection to traditiinal financial institutes.
GeorgeSoros

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

Regards!

Mister Tango Bank www.mistertango.com
> IBAN SWIFT/SEPA
> Free Master Card
> Bitcoin buy/sell

> Aidos Kuneen Offshore Banking network for summer 2018.

Good luck
Winstar78

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:56:02 PM

another bad news here https://www.volinex.com/

looks like, at the end, there is really a war against cryptos
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: