Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason why bitcoin transaction price was so high  (Read 153 times)
edsnow2017 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

The cost of bitcoin payments is skyrocketing because the network is totally overloaded

source:http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-payment-mining-fees-hit-new-high-2017-12

In the link above there were some reasons why most bitcoin transaction fee was getting higher and higher and higher

How to lessen your headache because of transact fee:
(this is only the best thing I know feel free to suggest)

Use other crypto so called altcoins instead of just using one crypto that is bitcoin you can try to use ETH,XRP or LTC
because as of today the users of this crypto are not the same as BTC.

PS: if you have any suggestion to avoid or lessen high btc transact fee in your transaction  please just comment it down
that would be a great help to everyone thanks
more power

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

Think this is the reason why so many Altcoins are gaining in value all of a sudden. People are fed up with the high transaction fees and slow network.  Quicker they fix it the better
edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:16 AM

I think so and other factors might be because of the high price of bitcoin
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:27:56 AM

Think this is the reason why so many Altcoins are gaining in value all of a sudden. People are fed up with the high transaction fees and slow network.  Quicker they fix it the better
Altcoins are only good for moving money between exchanges right now, there aren't a lot of practical applications for them beyond speculation right now. I would be more inclined to predict that a majority of people who do have some kind of altcoin portfolio are not interested in using them at their local store and are more interested in earning BTC from the trading that they can do. It's an honestly smart strategy too, considering you can move a LOT of money for very cheap and potentially make money off of the transaction as well. It's not necessarily likely, but it is entirely possible.

There is no fix for the network beyond people not filling it up with even more transactions. There needs to be a deficit in new transactions compared to block sizes so that some of the aging transactions can get confirmed and fill the open space in the blocks. It's simply too full of transactions right now.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:36:52 AM

The cost of bitcoin payments is skyrocketing because the network is totally overloaded

source:http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-payment-mining-fees-hit-new-high-2017-12

In the link above there were some reasons why most bitcoin transaction fee was getting higher and higher and higher

Use other crypto so called altcoins instead of just using one crypto that is bitcoin you can try to use ETH,XRP or LTC

PS: if you have any suggestion to avoid or lessen high btc transact fee in your transaction  please just comment it down
more power

As you said the transaction fee is heavy due to more load in the blockchain network but it is just a temporary problem and it can be resolved once the lightning network was implemented but I am not sure how long it will take to implement.
You can use segwit suppoted wallet to reduce the fee a little bit and yiur transaction will be faster in the segwit address when compared to normal address.
bbqnub1

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:18 AM

Why is there so much congestion? Is the adoption of bitcoin really that high at the moment
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:55:18 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralised currency. There is no regulating authority to keep control over its movements, volatility or on its price. Same is the case with transaction charges. People were fed up with bank, ATM, debit credit card charges, so they choose bitcoin currency. Earlier times bitcoin`s transaction time and transaction charges both were far less. But with growing price of bitcoin currency transaction charges are also increasing. Same is the case with transaction settlement time. We don’t know why this is happening.  Maybe bitcoin miners are doing this to earn more bitcoins.As a result bitcoin investors are shifting themselves to much cheaper altcoins.
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:00:50 AM

Perhaps the entire cryptocurrency market is now in a huge bubble, and when the price of bitcoin is falling, the bubble is likely to burst.

edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

yes that was true

I think this will be also a good reference for others

https://www.investopedia.com/news/will-rising-transaction-fees-bring-down-bitcoins-price/
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:22:42 AM

The price rise of bitcoin were because of the people high demand to wards bitcoin for the sake of high profits and when the knows that it is time to sell they do that as a result the bitcoin demand is become slow and the supply increases in the market so the prices shift quickly. The prices increases with time to time but in the start of this year the price is stable in the 13k and 14k.

edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:40:29 AM

The price rise of bitcoin were because of the people high demand to wards bitcoin for the sake of high profits and when the knows that it is time to sell they do that as a result the bitcoin demand is become slow and the supply increases in the market so the prices shift quickly. The prices increases with time to time but in the start of this year the price is stable in the 13k and 14k.

I agree with u
MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:02:44 AM

Bitcoin is digital currency.also Bitcoin is decentralised currency.the main reason of high transaction fees are ,Bitcoin price value is so high.also there are regulating authority to control over it's movement..it's user number are so high.also it gives so much profit. .and profit margin is so high.
k_kuchkarov

Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:13:43 AM

The processing of the transaction itself is not so complicated, BUT there is a huge hardware problem which, when mining bitcoin, spoils faster than in altcoins, which increases the price of transactions
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:09:06 AM

I have faced many times this issue that the amount were not that big and the transaction fee were not satisfactory for me. Bitcoin currency is good i am using blockchain.Info and the transaction fee were high so i didn't withdraw my bitcoin i have to use this for shifting to the other other altcoins because i want to be successful in the currencies market.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
rphk

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:15:25 AM

It is  due to the bitcoin price was very high and also now mining is not easier , people have use special hardware like antminor etc and the hardware cost for the mining equipment also increased which in turn made the transaction fees to go higher. Best thing is to convert the bitcoin to alt coins and then sell it with the lesser transaction price , but also conversion fee also needs to be looked at.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:25:24 AM

Well i think the reason for high transaction fees and greater transaction time of BITCOIN is the crowd of investors that increases the working load .As we know that there is no authority to keep a check on investors or investments of BITCOIN sdo these are increasing highly day by day which is the main reason for this.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:31:53 AM

Yes, many people are experiencing these issues with higher transaction fee because due to mining difficulty which causes higher transaction fee. Now Bitcoin mining maturity is very difficult they need to upgrade more miners in order to mine one bitcoin. These things are very tough to confirm the transaction.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:31:59 AM

They are not high anymore, the normal fee for sending transactions is aproximately 0,0007 bitcoins at the moment, that is less than $9 with the actual price. If you think that it is expensive, then better to switch to ether, they charge $8 for fees, lmao.
edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:35:33 AM

yes for other users they who thinks that the price of transaction fee in bitcoin was very high they can switch in ethereum or ltc
tigermonkey

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:38:05 AM

It is due to the number of transactions bitcoin network can handle per block (block size limit), and there are more transactions than the network can handle.  

redsuncrypto

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:38:21 AM

more power

totally agree with you, fee so high, delay confirmation, low speed transaction is very very big problem of bitcoin. i think we shift to use altcoin  like eth, ripple etc
edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:39:59 AM

is it possible that because of that. that's why there are some scenario that btc transactions take too long to confirm?
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:45:40 AM

Basically the more bitcoin price increases or leads to a higher price than before.. it surely be the one reason the transaction fees are getting higher, and not only that.. of course due Bitcoin is a crypto coin that's indeed like a king of crypto coins, it could affecting that coin is more special than altcoins / other crypto coins in any things. Not to mention Bitcoin today was increasingly popular among many people from a various countries, all efforts made that related to Bitcoin.. of course, currently it's more providing a high profits given the increasingly high prices from time to time.
Coin12

Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:54:18 AM

Quicker fix is better but they dont implement the lightning network yet and as i know lightning network can make the transaction quicker and lower fee or maybe till zero fee. Thats what i know.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
edsnow2017 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:59:46 AM

Quicker fix is better but they dont implement the lightning network yet and as i know lightning network can make the transaction quicker and lower fee or maybe till zero fee. Thats what i know.

Do you have any reference about this I also heard about this but I haven't read any blogs
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:34:33 AM

due to the enhanced technology promised by Bitcoin through system changes. Bitcoin developers are promising Bitcoin scalability enhancements through a new method called Segregated Witness (SegWit) to provide additional space for more transactions.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: