Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest Check for K1 Nano USB Mini Miner less than $49.  (Read 1244 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:42:10 AM

See here the product:

https://bigpicturemining.com/klondike-miner/k1-nano

Who is interested in a Group Buy for these for a little bit less than $49.99.

I would need pledges for at least 1,000 (one thousand) units for this Group Buy. Expected delivery is Sept/Oct.

If I do not or can not gather orders for 1,000 units, then the Group Buy does not happen and I simply refund everyone whatever BTC they sent.

About me:
I have done a Group Buy before, I am running a lotto game, I am also running a "gambling investment" privately (that's for the lulz and is not serious), and go do some google on me.

What I want to do is get pledges here. Then I can go ahead and negotiate for pricing.

If I copy the pricing from someone else doing Block Erupter sales, it would look like this:

0.55 * N (where N is 1-9)
0.50 * N (where N is 10-14)
0.48 * N (where N is 15-49)
0.45 * N (where N is 50-99)
0.43 * N (where N is 100-499)
0.42 * N (where N is 500-749)
0.41 * N (where N is 750-999)

Again, I am looking at interest. Nothing happens unless I can reasonably come up with at least 1000 units ordered. BTC up front, and ready to send. Easy to monitor, easy to view on the block chain, better for me to negotiate a good price for the entire group.

Shipping will be from the Philippines. Those local to me can pick up. International gets FedEx or whatever courier you prefer. You can also fly here if you happen to be near the region and just do a local pick up. I have at least 19 locations over Metro Manila where you can pick up your USB miners once I have them.

If there is interest shown in this thread for at least 100 units, I will start a Group Buy thread and start collecting BTC to a cold wallet address. If you guys want a third party escrow because you don't trust me (I also do escrows in case you are wondering), you can PM any other escrow person and pay his fees, but you do not get included in the Group Buy until the coins are sent to me.

What I might be willing to do is an identity check escrow with John K. I've held cash, the equivalent in value to about 1000 BTC, which is NOT MY MONEY, so I know how to handle other people's coins.

See my other Group Buy thread in my sig for just the chips, so you have an idea what I have planned in mind. That one never took off (I refunded everyone in the previous Group Buy.)

Dabs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:43:40 AM

lol, so we're paying 3 dollars more for 80 less megahashes. seems legit.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
carlotech

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:32:18 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 10:54:34 AM by carlotech

planing to get 10-20 of this as a replacement of my friends gpu..any eta arrival in ph?
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:45:11 AM

Not sure why any would buy any over Erupters, theyre not worth the $/Gh (even less than Erupters!)
fractalbc

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:04:33 PM

Agreed.  Not much point unless you can start at 30 USD and still make a profit when that price drops over the next few months.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:45:56 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 10:03:13 AM by Bicknellski

Sorry.

But we do not have any units available for a group buy at the prices indicated.

Dabs would have to buy units at $49.99 from the website directly at this time.

We should have more information once we have our Avalon chips on the factory floor as that pretty much determines the future pricing of this product.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:10:51 AM

Okay. I was just checking for interest. The prices are that from a competing Group Buy from a competing hardware company, so I just used that as a basis.

I trust that the website and the people behind this Big Picture Mining are legit: they are using open source designs, and chips everyone knows come from a legit manufacturer.

Final price will be whatever can be negotiated with the website owners. Volume helps, also especially if we already have the 400 to 550 BTC in an escrow address that they can confirm I control and is ready to send.

If this doesn't happen, everyone gets back their coins.

Again, this is still an interest check. If we don't reach a minimum of 100 units "interested", no group buy happens.

If, in the group buy, we do not reach 1000 units "sold and paid", then the group buy does not happen as well.

And, if in the group buy, we do reach 1000 units "sold and paid" but I fail to negotiate better prices, then the group buy does not happen too. (Unless you are okay with paying $49.99 per unit, but in which case you better just order from the website directly yourself.)

Everyone will get a refund if you sent any coins.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:27:04 AM

Okay. I was just checking for interest. The prices are that from a competing Group Buy from a competing hardware company, so I just used that as a basis.

I trust that the website and the people behind this Big Picture Mining are legit: they are using open source designs, and chips everyone knows come from a legit manufacturer.

Final price will be whatever can be negotiated with the website owners. Volume helps, also especially if we already have the 400 to 550 BTC in an escrow address that they can confirm I control and is ready to send.

If this doesn't happen, everyone gets back their coins.

Again, this is still an interest check. If we don't reach a minimum of 100 units "interested", no group buy happens.

If, in the group buy, we do not reach 1000 units "sold and paid", then the group buy does not happen as well.

And, if in the group buy, we do reach 1000 units "sold and paid" but I fail to negotiate better prices, then the group buy does not happen too. (Unless you are okay with paying $49.99 per unit, but in which case you better just order from the website directly yourself.)

Everyone will get a refund if you sent any coins.

Very premature to offer anything. Better to just wait until we have all the information on the Avalon chips and shipping information as the Cooperative is trying to figure out what is possible given the delays in chip shipments from Avalon.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
reznor

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:27:02 AM

Lets see and wait. Avalon chips are quite slow in fulfilling all of its backlog orders!

If Big Picture Mining can deliver and produce enough of this USB then this group buy will surely flourish.

You have a brick and mortar shop in parts of the Metro right? then once you get hold of this babies it is easy to sell it here in the Philippines via BTC or fiat currency.

Order it by batch, like 100 for the first batch, 500 for the 2nd just like that.

Current shipping rate based on Big Picture mining website,Philippines is $11.02 Regular Package

Talk to Big Picture Mining for wholesale prices and maybe they can give better pricing other than the retail price.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:22:36 AM

I'm not sure Big Picture Mining is going to continue with their K1s. They have started refunding the pre-orders because of the delays by Avalon. So, correct, let's wait and see.

Thank you for the interest.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:52:31 AM

I'm not sure Big Picture Mining is going to continue with their K1s. They have started refunding the pre-orders because of the delays by Avalon. So, correct, let's wait and see.

Thank you for the interest.

We are not making the K1's we have no notice from Avalon whatsoever on our chips and could be waiting 5 ot 6 weeks more given current delays for batches currently. We do not want to risk anyone's BTC on this and we are refunding all our customers proactively. Unlike BFL or others we are not going to string people along until our product is ready or offer a new product. We actually believe that is wrong and we would rather protect our customers from harm and work on a better product and bring that to market than to continually lie about the situation. We all know what is going on here Avalon is fubar right now on chip delivery. Suggest BitFury right now or ASICminer as the viable options.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: