Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About myetherwallet???  (Read 303 times)
MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Please tell me about the myetherwallet being attacked in which country Huh  Cry Cry Cry Cry

I guess you are wrong, where did you get that issue? and what do you really mean that all countries attact the myetherwallet?I have never heared that news recently or even today..please clarrify your statement so we can get it.

Thanhnghi (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:55:34 PM

Please tell me about the myetherwallet being attacked in which country Huh  Cry Cry Cry Cry

Do you mean got hack ?
AFAIK, MEW is vulnerable for being attack by hacker because most people especially who still new in cryptocurrency world , still not fully understand MEW technical things.

~Experience is best teacher

I agree because the stolen etherwallet question stems from the carelessness of its users, many people are very careless in entering their private key and easy to enter the web phishing.

thank you for giving me the correct reminder !!! Kiss Kiss Kiss
MEGATRON_S

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:56:11 PM

in the best purse of this kind that supports all the coins, and his defense is very strong, and there are events that little has been patted, and there are rumors that he is already so multi-faceted, so own the information and draw conclusions, my choice is on it  Wink
SriNr

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:25:43 PM

MyEtherWallet is a popular online Ethereum wallet which you can use as an alternative of the Ledger Ethereum Chrome application. It supports natively the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue on Chrome and Opera, without the need to install any app or plug-in.

To manage your Ethereum account, go to MyEtherWallet website (not the Chrome extension plugin) and select the "Send Ether & Tokens" tab. Plug your Ledger device, select the Ethereum app and go to the settings of the app to activate "Browser support":

This will enable the direct connection to the browser and MyEtherWallet will be able to detect your device (note that if you wish to use the Ledger Ethereum Chrome application, you'll have to disable browser support).

Select the "Ledger Wallet" option and click on "Connect your Ledger Wallet"

It will show you a popup where you'll be able to select which HD derivation path and which address you want to manage:

And voilà! You can now send or receive ETH/ETC transactions.

All outgoing transactions will require a confirmation on the device (exactly like with the Ledger Ethereum Chrome application). Only public data is sent to MyEtherWallet and your private keys will never be exposed to the browser.

Once you confirm the transaction on the device, please wait a few seconds for the signature to complete. It'll then show the raw date on the web page, and you must click on "Send transaction" again to display the final confirmation popup:

Subkarnas

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:44:43 PM

Was following the unraveling of the situation but as I found out, etherblue started the FUD and thus creating panic with several accounts being closed and funds transfered to other wallets.

Only information i got now that it is safe, but there are several more phishing sites so you have to be carefull on being in the right MEW site.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:44:06 PM

Do you mean got hack ?
AFAIK, MEW is vulnerable for being attack by hacker because most people especially who still new in cryptocurrency world , still not fully understand MEW technical things.

agreed. before I get into this crypto thing I made a lot of research regarding blockchains, exchanges and wallets and so far base on what I understood and know they are all safe to (except exchange).
Myetherwallet is very good wallet, easy to use and very secured.

dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:35:59 AM

attacked? or hacked? well if you mean hacked remember myetherwallet is a safe wallet unless you keep your private key a private but its not private anymore if you accidentally show them and that's what hackers are waiting so we should be careful.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

Any link or info about the attack that has happened in MEW? I dont heard any news so far about hack or attack, or its a fake news, So far its the best erc20 wallet Im using and i haven't heard any news before related mew .   

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:52:02 AM

I don't think Myetherwallet has been attacked in the sense of being hacked, it is constantly being 'attacked' by the different phising sites and emails that will try to trick users into believing they are the MEW.
Temik2704

Activity: 378

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:33:02 AM

Do you mean got hack ?

agreed. before I get into this crypto thing I made a lot of research regarding blockchains, exchanges and wallets and so far base on what I understood and know they are all safe to (except exchange).
Myetherwallet is very good wallet, easy to use and very secured.

Yes! And it is very nice that MyEtherWallet have offline version that available on github. You can get instruction here: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html

But if it is possible - use Trezor/Ledger devices.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: