Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED]Avalon 741 Problems  (Read 527 times)
Andy10 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:05:42 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:30:34 PM by frodocooper

Recently I bought an Avalon 741 and I am having trouble getting the setup done correctly. The information sheet that comes with the unit is not the most descriptive thing I have ever seen.

Presently I have a HP power supply connected to the unit and it powers up (from the sound of things it appears to be okay)

I have 4 green lights by the power pins on the back of the unit (2 on each side)
1 Green light on the unit above the power pins which apparently means the unit is idle.
I have a green and blue light on the usb convertor.

The problem I am having is that either the usb controller is not communicating with the miner or the controller is not communicating with the mining pool.

On the controllers web interface I have configured the network settings to be like all the other devices (not miners) on my network but with a static IP. Also on the dashboard the Modules Information section is showing 0 alive modules and -- for temperature and fan.

The pool I am trying to connect with is slushpool: stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333

Does anyone have any ideas where I may have gone wrong with this?

EDIT:
In the end it turned out a firmware update was needed for the controller, this stopped all of the very odd problems from happening the unit was mining within minutes of the upgrade completing.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto-Universe

Activity: 127
Merit: 17

Blockchain Solutions for Everyone !

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:35:26 PM

Hi there,

The biggest provlem is usually that the controller has no internet connection.

Can you post your cgminer log ?

Try to configure the controller as DHCP client.

Also make sure pool details are correct AND saved !

cheers

https://www.cryptouniverse.at - Canaan Distributor
Andy10 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:56:39 PM

Funnily enough since I posted that something seems to have gone wrong with the web interface.

When I navigate to that IP now I just get "LuCI - Lua Configuration Interface" and it wont redirect from there.

Don't happen to know what could be wrong with the web interface do you?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:01:12 PM

Did it work with DHCP and not with static IP?

Andy10 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:26:46 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:31:31 PM by frodocooper

I haven't even tried. It's just showing as not connected on the router now.

I have just tried it connected directly to the router and still shows as not connected.

The HDMI port on the side of it doesnt output anything either. Is there a way to connect the controller directly to a monitor or something similar so I can try and find out what is wrong with it?
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:48:34 PM

The HDMI port on the controller should connect to a monitor and you should see the start-up sequence of the miner on your monitor. If the screen is blank, try rebooting again as sometimes the miner boots up but doesn't send any video to the HDMI port. It maybe you are not on the same network as your router so the miner can't get onto the internet so it won't start hashing. Even though you can use wifi with the controller, the A741 seems to prefer a network cable connection.
nos-32

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:26:31 PM

when i use static IP can see the avalon configuration but show me alive modules - and temperature 0.. but if i use DHCP can not see anything, coz not connection the avalon, i dont know what to do

avalon not is mining
tomcat2

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:47:12 PM

May I ask what controller people are using with the problem?
nos-32

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:24:42 PM

raspberry pi 2 b
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:21:03 AM

Are you using wifi or an Ethernet cable for your miner? Whichever connection you choose, make sure you have it turned on on the miner. It's not the easiest interface nor is it very fast & you could be turning it off when you think you are turning it on. I accidentally turned the wifi off on my miner once when I was using wifi on it. It took awhile before I figured it out. Also, any changes you make, you must remember to hit "apply" or else they won't take.
Andy10 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:50:51 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:32:53 PM by frodocooper

So I have my miner in a better state than yesterday.

I have the controller working. I managed to get this done by connecting to the device directly via Ethernet and setting the IP of the connecting machine to 192.168.0.1 and then accessing the web interface.

As soon as I got onto the web interface I changed the to DHCP, plugged it back into the router and now I can see it from any device on the local network.

I have put in my mining pool information but it doesnt appear to be getting any work from the pool so I can only assume either it is configured wrong or it has no external facing connection. Albeit the latter would be a bit weird being that every other DHCP device does.

Presently the Module Information and Current Pool settings are just blank.

Does anyone have any ideas for the next steps?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:33:07 PM by frodocooper

I have the controller working. I managed to get this done by connecting to the device directly via Ethernet and setting the IP of the connecting machine to 192.168.0.1 and then accessing the web interface.

As soon as I got onto the web interface I changed the to DHCP, plugged it back into the router and now I can see it from any device on the local network.

I have put in my mining pool information but it doesnt appear to be getting any work from the pool so I can only assume either it is configured wrong or it has no external facing connection. Albeit the latter would be a bit weird being that every other DHCP device does.

Are you entering the pool information correctly? Can you paste your stratum URL so we can see?
nos-32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:54:12 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:33:56 PM by frodocooper

hey friend i do the same thing than you, with protocol DHCP can si the miner on the local network but like you my miner isn't mining. the light blue on the auc3 converter is off, just light green is on..

i am using
stratum+tcp://stratum.antpool.com:3333

i want know which is the correctly url to antpool
stratum+tcp://stratum.antpool.com:3333
or
stratum.antpool.com:3333

pls check this image

https://imgur.com/OJf5fTe
https://i.imgur.com/OJf5fTe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/W3MlqUT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lFymDJh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OLCKnzE.jpg
Andy10 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:11:56 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:34:17 PM by frodocooper

pool: stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333

So it seems at present that I can't change the password and since I can't change the password none of the settings are persistent through a reboot.

So each time I reboot I have to log in on the default address and set it to use DHCP again, it then picks up a new address from the router and I can log in from any machine from the network.

Then I set the pool address and worker name.

Now when I try and change the password I get this error:

Unknown Error, password not changed!

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
nos-32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:34:37 PM by frodocooper

i think that found the problem, i have connecting the PSU in 110V and it work with 220V

that is the problem?

https://imgur.com/gr68jjl
Andy10 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:24:27 PM

Does anyone know why I would be getting a much lower than advertised hash rate from the Avalon miner?

I am getting 4.5 TH/s according to Slushpools dashboard as oppose to the 7.5 TH/s that was advertised when purchasing the unit. Is this normal?
nos-32

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:16:25 PM

Hey Men.. can you help me with my avalon 741? I dont know what to do. Coz  my auc3 converter Just green light on and the blue light is off.. so is not mining
zac123

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:47:57 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:36:39 PM by frodocooper

hello,

can anyone help. ive changed my laptop adaptor settings to be:

and then plugged the controller directly into my raspberry pi 3 b+ but i cant even get the led's to come on, on the rasp. pi. obviously i've flashed the firmware image to an Micro SD card
openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2710-rpi-3-ext4-sdcard.img

but i still cant connect.

i know the rasp. pi is good and working because to test it i installed noobs and checked all functionality

any ideas?

zac

looks like i found my answer here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2588105.0

the raspberry pi 3 B+ is not compaitble with the firmware.

i have now ordered a raspberry pi 3 B

zac
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 06:01:36 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 11:37:33 PM by frodocooper

looks like i found my answer here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2588105.0

the raspberry pi 3 B+ is not compaitble with the firmware.

i have now ordered a raspberry pi 3 B

zac

Yep, I have not yet found a firmware which would be compatible with the Rasp Pi 3B+.   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: