Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cannot fully sync; used v0.90-beta to create wallets  (Read 238 times)
boosblock (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:56:07 AM

should i try and import the WO wallet now?

I would manually copy all the wallets you want to monitor into the Armory folder, delete the Armory/databases folder, start Bitcoin Core manually and let it sync completely, then start Armory.

thanks

currently i am creating a WO copy on a thumbdrive using the offline computer and importing into armory on the online one.  which exact folder do i copy the wallets into in the armory folder?

i'm assuming the armory/databases folder i should copy into is this one: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\database.

i'll give this a go once i know where to copy the wallets into.  thanks.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:27:21 AM

I would manually copy all the wallets you want to monitor into the Armory folder, delete the Armory/databases folder, start Bitcoin Core manually and let it sync completely, then start Armory.

thanks

currently i am creating a WO copy on a thumbdrive using the offline computer and importing into armory on the online one.  which exact folder do i copy the wallets into in the armory folder?

i'm assuming the armory/databases folder i should copy into is this one: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\database.

i'll give this a go once i know where to copy the wallets into.  thanks.

Copy wallet files to Armory folder.

C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming\Armory

Delete the databases folder.

C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
boosblock (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:30:02 AM

thanks

currently i am creating a WO copy on a thumbdrive using the offline computer and importing into armory on the online one.  which exact folder do i copy the wallets into in the armory folder?

i'll give this a go once i know where to copy the wallets into.  thanks.

ok, i believe i was able to follow what you said.  i did this:
1) copied wallet into C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Armory
2) deleted C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases
3) started bitcoin core manually and allowed it to sync
4) started armory

this worked! i only tried one wallet, but will try the others i had problems with too.  
thank you! hopefully i dont run into further problems
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: