Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 05:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoin redistributes wealth or just makes the wealthy richer?  (Read 3741 times)
Andrew S

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:36:36 PM

Many rich people earned on the growth of bitcoin and became even richer.
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:40:51 PM

Bitcoin is still a Mystery, Bitcoin can make the poor become rich, also Can make the rich become poor. Bitcoin can also make rich people become richer when they enter bitcoin, but it can also make poor people even poorer because of losses continue to trade. but actually, in outline, Bitcoin is able to provide wealth to every perpetrator of Bitcoin.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:12:40 PM

I think there is. It is true that the rich people becomes richer. But the poor people becomes rich also. And its all because of bitcoin. So it redistribute wealth to poor people also.

BigDig

Activity: 277
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:24:35 PM

crypto of course has such a potential. while the market is still young. However, even now there has been a significant redistribution of funds in the digital world. imagine what proportion will be able to take crypto in 5-10 years.
petrobit

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:05:39 PM

in fact it is difficult to talk about the impact of bitcoin on the world. while all this is more a matter of the potential of the entire crypto sphere than one specific currency.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:52:32 PM

Just that... do you think there is any re-distribution effect at all due to bitcoin?
Since bitcoin is a new currency and a new technology it is obvious there is a change in the way wealth is distributed, to give you an example satoshi created something that at the beginning had no value and now he is a billionaire and if things keep going in this direction he will be the richest man alive in a decade, so there is a redistribution but based on merits on how much you did for the network and when, that is why the early adopters got the best rewards.
Chiidynno

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

I think it redistributes wealth
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:19:49 PM

The fact is that every person has his own concept of wealth. Someone needs a few thousand dollars so that he can feel rich and someone and millions will not be enough.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:23:14 PM

Both can happen, but I think bitcoin makes more people rich than redistributed wealth. Because someone who invests in bitcoin is minimal since 2012 and he holds it until December 2017 then, of course the person becomes rich suddenly because the small price becomes larger up to 10x of the purchase price.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:23:28 PM

Those people who are well versed in computers and technologies they, of course, have more chances to become rich with the help of bitcoin than those who don't know much about it. It's clear that any person can be taught anything but he is unlikely to become rich for a short time. But he can provide for himself and his family. Many unemployed people found a job in crypto and in this way they have already ceased to be poor. So maybe bitcoin doesn't redistribute wealth but it can make life easier for people.
RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:49:48 PM

Rich people can always take advantage of a certain opportunity and bitcoin is part of it. They can use their money, hire someone to invest, trade for them or whatever activity in order to further their wealth through bitcoin. At the same time, bitcoin is open to everyone. This opportunity doesn't limit anyone to take it. Regardless who you are, as long as you can manage the work and have the patience to do it, then you are welcome. That's an equal opportunity.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
HertzCoin

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:20:51 AM

Bitcoin has definitely contributed to the wealth redistribution. Most of people who invested in bitcoin at early stages were it-enthusiasts and libertarians that means that a lot of bitcoin is concentrated in hands of those who hold bitcoin ideologically. The majority of those enthusiasts weren't rich befor that.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:26:16 AM

I think it's more loke making the rich richer and givin the chance for the poor to be rich. That is the way of capitalism. It pays you for the work you do and ignores you if you're lazy. I think it's more like playing with your strengths. If you're born rich then it's not your fault, same if you're born poor. crypto currency creates wealth with how much you work or bet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:23:37 AM

I would say that 70% of cases it makes the rich people even more welfare, but also 30% off regular non wealthy people, has an opportunity to became more financially successful.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:43:52 AM

There are various interesting cases when a person becomes rich with cryptocurrency. But speaking in general terms, I tend to believe that bitcoin makes the rich even richer and does not redistribute money.

Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

I think it's more loke making the rich richer and givin the chance for the poor to be rich. That is the way of capitalism. It pays you for the work you do and ignores you if you're lazy. I think it's more like playing with your strengths. If you're born rich then it's not your fault, same if you're born poor. crypto currency creates wealth with how much you work or bet.

Bitcoin is open to all, as long as you know what is your doing then you are welcome in crypto world, but it's not always to be rich because sometimes you will experience to lose your money especially when the market are down .
Btcalimie

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:58:48 AM

We have our own definition of wealth. It really depends on the contentment of what we have. However, those people who are techy enough in handling gadgets like phones and computers are more prone to the success of this kind of investment. Regardless if they're poor, who knows bitcoin is the way to reach the top. 
Electric4

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

I think for something to redistribute the wealth it has to be a system that benefits those it's meant to affect. Say the poor. Bitcoin is more or less equal opportunity. A choice, one can choose to invest if poor, and have made millions if it was done years ago, or one could be super rich and not invest and have gotten nothing from it.
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:20:50 PM

Well I think that bitcoin redistributes wealth because just like me,I am not wealthy but because of bitcoin I can be able to support my daily needs and have enough money for my future.I am so thankful that bitcoin came into my life because it really helps me financially.

I share the same situation in my life. In one moment in the past, I have in invest in Bitcoin. And now if the price even is low, I can benefit from it.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:30:42 PM

Fiat distribution is so bad and unfair, bitcoin and crypto could only do better than that and improve wealth distribution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: