Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the Tide Shifted?  (Read 407 times)
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:57:34 PM

None - I repeat none - of the alts can survive let alone prosper without at a minimum a stable price bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the brain - if it dies so does all else
What is ETH then, a kidney? Going the other way, this analogy seems to imply that any of the alts are actually important for bitcoin.

60659 📦
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:41:12 AM

The only reason altcoins are peaking right now is purely based on USD and Bitcoin's increase. Look at the majority of the top altcoins ~ per their satoshi ratio, they are still massively down, which is what people here tend to ignore.

Correct. I see quite some people 'worry' about how Bitcoin's dominance is decreasing versus the rest of the market due to altcoins becoming more popular, but another thing people ignore, is that altcoins don't need to increase in order to gain value and thus have a higher market cap. Altcoins just need to stay at the same levels, (where they even went down versus Bitcoin as you pointed out), to increase in value as long as Bitcoin is increasing in value. It basically means that altcoins aren't actually gaining popularity, but are just getting lifted up in terms of $ due to how Bitcoin has increased in value. Glad that at least someone here knows how things work.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2091

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:25:57 PM

None - I repeat none - of the alts can survive let alone prosper without at a minimum a stable price bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the brain - if it dies so does all else
What is ETH then, a kidney? Going the other way, this analogy seems to imply that any of the alts are actually important for bitcoin.

Nice.

However I do believe there are some alts that could do well even without a stable Bitcoin price. Maybe not now, but a couple of years down the road I can imagine some of the alts having prevailed long and strong enough to be able to mostly decouple from the BTC price. Hard to tell which ones those will be though.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:27:19 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 04:19:15 PM by cybersofts

It's always been said "Never short Bitcoins"

That's been the lingo up until now and it holds true. People shorting Bitcoins often got hurt.

However will the tide shift now? It seems like Bitcoin will form a pyramid shape with $20,000 being it's apex.

Will there be a new lingo of "Never go long on Bitcoins"?

A big sign of Bitcon's demise: Bulltards making many reverse FUD threads with multiple accounts.

That last statement made me chuckle. It's really funny how those forum spammers think they'll change the general population's outlook on bitcoin. They don't seem to know that what the public thinks of bitcoin is simply the news that's published and announced for the average Joes.

I don't think it's soon enough to say whether or not Bitcoin will have another rally. It seems like we've been in this limbo period of 13000-15000 for a while now, and there are small gains here and there as well as no huge losses. For now, I doubt we can predict that far into the future.
we have been at the 300-600 $ range for the last 3+ years - that was a while  Wink
It is funny how speculations and FUDs are changing the face of cryptocurrency universe. I think 2017 has shown us lots of things to learn from, and to master the atmospheric storms in the market for the future. Cool  
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

That's been the lingo up until now and it holds true. People shorting Bitcoins often got hurt.

However will the tide shift now? It seems like Bitcoin will form a pyramid shape with $20,000 being it's apex.

A big sign of Bitcon's demise: Bulltards making many reverse FUD threads with multiple accounts.

That last statement made me chuckle. It's really funny how those forum spammers think they'll change the general population's outlook on bitcoin. They don't seem to know that what the public thinks of bitcoin is simply the news that's published and announced for the average Joes.

I don't think it's soon enough to say whether or not Bitcoin will have another rally. It seems like we've been in this limbo period of 13000-15000 for a while now, and there are small gains here and there as well as no huge losses. For now, I doubt we can predict that far into the future.
we have been at the 300-600 $ range for the last 3+ years - that was a while  Wink
It is funny how speculations and FUDs are changing the face of cryptocurrency universe. I think 2017 has shown us lots of things to learn from, and to master the atmospheric storms in the market for the future. Cool  

I don't even think it has been a month yet since we've steadied at 14-16k. We've been stuck for a longer time before. I agree that people are trying to take advantage of those people that just jumped recently to btc and would be easily rattled by fuds.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:30:08 AM

I will ask only one question, why? The crypto market is bitcoin, there are only a handful of coins that have some use cases, most other coins are nothing but speculative vehicles and nothing more, bitcoin is still at this point in time the lead candidate to be the currency of crypto, yeah I know there are a lot of problems but if you just wait a little bit more we will see a time where those issues are resolved.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:58:26 AM

There have been a number of traders who have been burned because of shorting bitcoin but for those who knows how to manage risk can still do so. Bitcoin  has been rapidly increasing and decreasing lately in thousands of dollars so for those who know how to read charts have been very profitable. Attempting to short bitcoin when you are just starting to learn trading is just like giving out your money freely because a single trade can wipe out your funds. I believe that it is just a temporary dip in bitcoin and will be back in the ling side sooner or later.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:42:53 AM

And isn't this thread just one of the FUDs that happened to belittle an opposite idealism? Look at how irony works lol. Whatever works on a certain person should be the one he/she follows to make a profit since not a single strategy works for all. I've been shorting and holding bitcoin for years now and I don't even have a mixed opinion about the two strategies since it works for me. Those who held long still are in profit, and those who tried to short during rises end up being burned. It's a case by case basis; certain strategies work on certain events so you better act/trade accordingly in order to not get burned.

We all have our own strategies in dealing with Bitcoin and  one works for one person may not necessarily work for me or on another guy. This is why it is important we devise our way of effective trading rather than just rely on what others might say.  Trading can be  risky especially when we are just starting but this is also the case with anything we do in life. Personally, I rather hold my Bitcoin on long-term as I am honestly good in shorting.
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:03:20 AM

However will the tide shift now?

Certainly not, before the end of 2017 bitcoin was around $9k soar up to almost $20k, what we are seeing is just the aftermath of the bubble.
Although there are alt that have recently rise and have a good spot at the market, the tide will always be with bitcoin and not with the alt coins.

Nope not gonna happen, FUDs are everywhere and FUD spreaders are payed to do that against bitcoin, the longer you are with bitcoin the more you will gain from it, just dont believe on everything you see on the internet, some news are meant to destroy its competitors.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:35:40 AM

It’s too early to make this kind of declaration in my opinion. Even though I can see the flaws in Bitcoin in terms of transaction times and high fees, Bitcoin has a lot of name recognition. I think Bitcoin will continue to gain in price as people view it as a store of value to just hold long term. I think the scarcity of Bitcoin will also make it hold value.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: